Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Located at the Westin Hapuna Beach Resort.
*Please note that seating to guests that are not in-house at Mauna Kea Beach Hotel is subject to availability*
Bryan Nagao has gained formidable reputation in the international food community. He was once described by American media as "the most notable figures in rendering modern Asian, east - meets - west cuisine in the Northern hemisphere". The creativity permeating his cuisine stems from the diversity of his culinary background. Of Japanese ancestry but Hawaiian upbringing, Bryan experienced and felt the effect of the island of Hawai'i and its unique blend of Japanese & American cultures. This inspired him to merge the flavors of inspiring countries that nurtured the style of cuisine that Bryan Nagao cooks today.
Culinary artistry meets boundless creativity.
For a fun tropical drink, ice-cold beer, refreshing smoothie, or our signature Fredrico, Hau Tree is the perfect place to watch the waves, savor fresh-made salads, sandwiches or enjoy a Mauna Kea Ovaltine froth. Open for Lunch and Dinner, 11:00am-7:00pm.
- OTOpenTable DinerSan Francisco Bay Area •2 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoEverything was wonderful! Service was excellent. We had Leanna as our server. Food was mouth watering. I had the filet mignon and hubby had the Ono special. Then there was a father son duo playing guitar and singing. They were sooo good! We would recommend this restaurant highly and go there again for sure!More infoBrown's Beach House - The Fairmont Orchid - Kohala Coast$$$$Price: Expensive• Hawaii Regional Cuisine• Kohala Coast•4.6
- KBKonaBvipOrange County •5 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoStaff was super! My Fav Place! Sunsets are stunning!More infoCopper Bar at Mauna Kea$$$$Price: Expensive• Contemporary American• Kohala Coast•4.3
- KKonabobMinneapolis - St. Paul •5 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoOne of my all time favorites and have gone since they opened here. Great food and even better service.More infoTommy Bahama Restaurant & Bar - Mauna Lani, Big Island$$$$Price: Expensive• Hawaii Regional Cuisine• Kamuela•4.7
- DdavidlLas Vegas •1 review4.0Dined 4 days agoNICE VIEW, BUT IT STARTED TO RAIN. RESV MADE LONG TIME AGO. INSTEAD OF BEING PLACED IN FIRST ROW OUT OF THE RAIN, WAS PLACED SEVERAL BACK INSIDE. FOOD WAS TOP NOTCH. SERVICE WAS GOOD, NO PERFECT BUT GOOD. HAD TO REQUEST MORE WATER A FEW TIMES.More infoManta at Mauna Kea$$$$Price: Very Expensive• Pacific Rim• Kohala Coast•4.5
- OTOpenTable DinerChicago / Illinois •4 reviews5.0Dined on Feb 11, 2024Food was good, drinks were so-so. The staff were friendly and helpful with recommendations. The atmosphere was amazing. One of the best open air beach restaurants right in one of the best beaches.More infoHau Tree at Mauna Kea$$$$Price: Moderate• American• Kohala Coast•4.4
Discover Kohala Coast
A region very much still connected to its ancestral roots, Kohala has some incredible restaurants with authentic Hawaiian cuisine. You can easily find places featuring meals with fresh island fish and locally sourced ingredients. A standard night of dining in Kohala consists of sitting on an open patio facing the ocean, drinking out of coconuts and enjoying the grilled catch of the day. There are quite a few Japanese steakhouses in this area as well. As Kohala is very proud of its local farming economy, you'll most likely be enjoying local meats and produce in every restaurant you dine at.
Frequently asked questions
Celebrate special occasion at the best restaurants in Kohala Coast. Our customers recommend Brown's Beach House - The Fairmont Orchid - Kohala Coast, Meridia and Manta at Mauna Kea
As of February 28, 2024 there are 8 restaurants in Kohala Coast. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find Hawaii Regional Cuisine, Pacific Rim, Mediterranean, Unspecified, American and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Kohala Coast who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Kohala Coast either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.
- Fairways at Mauna Lani by South Kohala Management
- The Original King Kamehameha Statue
- Mauna Kea Beach Hotel, Autograph Collection
- Paniau Beach House in Puako
- Lapakahi State Historical Park
- Spencer Beach Park
- Sunny Bamboo Beach Cottage
- Mauna Kea Beach
- Ocean Rider Seahorse Farm
- Lapakahi Marine Life Conservation District
- Home of the Hula Moon
- Hawaii Island Retreat at Ahu Pohaku Ho`omaluhia
- Mahukona Beach Park
- Pu Ukohola Heiau National Historical Park
- Kahua Ranch
- Kohala Lodge- Vacation Rental House
- Gated Kohala by the Sea
- Kamehameha Park
- The Fairmont Orchid
- Mauna Kea Fairways South #17 by South Kohala Management