Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
People in the know say Gather55 is worth the trip. Come and see what the buzz is all about!
Late Night Menu offered Thursday - Saturday until Midnight
Happy Hour offered Monday - Friday, 4-6
Brunch offered Sunday at 10:30 AM
The changing seasons can't stop us from dining outdoors! Ring in the holiday season in one of our heated, roofless tents; heated gazebos; or in our heated boxcar- you'll feel like you're dining in Paris! Or grab your blanket and sit out by one of our Christmas trees, street lamps, and fire pits. At J, the cold never bothered us anyway!
Planning an event? Explore our Events & Catering Menu for a variety of options, both in our restaurant and off-site.
Union Kitchen serves new American cuisine from Chef Tim East. In addition to the a la carte menu, the restaurant offers a 5 course tasting menu for $75 or an 8-course chef's tasting menu for $125. Include in the price is our boutique wine pairing.
Union Kitchen was voted best wine list in Connecticut by CT Magazine 2023 and is the recipient of Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence for 2022 & 2023. The restaurant has over 450 spirits including the state's largest collection of amari. Cocktails are crafted by head bartender Jack Forbes.
The restaurant's best kept secret is an extensive happy hour menu that is available 7 days week from 3pm-6pm!
Outdoor tables are first come first serve - Request can not be guaranteed.
Dinner: 5:00pm - 9:00pm Daily
PLEASE NOTE THAT OUTSIDE TABLES ARE RESERVED UPON REQUEST BUT CANNOT BE GUARANTEED.
If you have reserved a table outdoors, please be advised that in the case of inclement weather, we will do our best to accommodate your party inside at the same reservation time, however we cannot guarantee a table inside at the same exact time and may need to adjust the reservation time accordingly.
PLEASE CALL 860.937.2525 IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS
- HHamdonianNew York / Tri-State Area •2 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoFood was fantastic as was the service. It’s pricey, but you definitely get your money’s worth! The couples we went with had not been before and both commented that they did not have a bad plate the entire nightMore infoFeng ChophousePrice: Very Expensive• Steakhouse• Hartford•4.6
- FPFrancesPNew York / Tri-State Area •1 review5.0Dined 3 days agoAnything you order from the menu is consistently delicious. This includes fish, meat, pasta, their salads, desserts. I have been there many times with different guests and they have been happy and pleased with the food and the entire experience!More infoPeppercorns GrillPrice: Expensive• Italian• Hartford•4.8
- OTOpenTable DinerNew York / Tri-State Area •2 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoWe went on Thanksgiving day and it was also our 49th Anniversary. When I made the reservation on the comment section , I said it was our anniversary. ￼ When we arrived, we were ￼seated in a private room in a cozy corner with 3 other tables. We had a card on our table wishing us a happy anniversary and our table was decorated with real rose pedals and miniature hearts. Our waitress was Emily and we ordered a bottle of white wine chilled to perfection. We were brought an assortment of homemade warm bread, then ordered the Turkey dinner with all the fixings. Simply delicious! Emily surprised us with a deep chocolate cake and a glass of champagne. My husband and I were so touched with emotion from how they treated us so special. This is our new number one restaurant.More infoThe Capital Grille - HartfordPrice: Very Expensive• Steakhouse• Hartford•4.8
- SMSMC39reviewsvipGreater Boston •44 reviews5.0Dined 7 days agoMy server was extremely friendly, enthusiastic and gave excellent wine and food advice. Really appreciate this restaurant at the Delamar West Hartford.More infoArtisan - West HartfordPrice: Expensive• American• Hartford•4.6
- ARAlexRNew York / Tri-State Area •6 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023The experience was so phenomenal from the moment we arrived and everything from the waiter to the food was top notch. I have never had a bad time here and tell all of my friends that when they ask me how it’s been. I’m always treated fantastic and leave full and happy.More infoJ. Gilbert’s – Wood Fired Steaks & Seafood – GlastonburyPrice: Expensive• Steak• Glastonbury•4.8
Marcus Samuelsson’s most personal restaurant yet gives diners a glimpse into his life
Dishes on the menu, including a new lunch offering, nod to Samuelsson’s Ethiopian heritage and Swedish upbringing.
These are NYC’s MICHELIN Bib Gourmand restaurants for 2023
Grab a table at these restaurants to give them a high five: they’re the 2023 MICHELIN Bib Gourmand restaurants for NYC.
Where to drink in New York City right now
New York City’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges to tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near New York City
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
Frequently asked questions
As of November 28, 2023 there are 28 restaurants in Hartford . Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find Steakhouse, American, Contemporary American, Italian, Southern and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Hartford who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Hartford either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.
- Hartford Children's Theatre
- Trinity College
- Pope Park
- Hartford Downtown Farmers Market
- Frog Hollow Historic District
- Keney Park
- Prospect Avenue Historic District
- Martin Park
- West End North Historic District
- Comcast Theatre
- Constitution Plaza
- Museum of Connecticut History
- Connecticut Science Center
- Quinnipiac River Marsh Wildlife Area
- University of Hartford
- Thomas J Hyland Memorial Park
- Delocco Playground
- Hartford Ct Station
- Porter Memorial Park