- ESEdSaxvipNew York / Tri-State Area •2 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoGreat food & service & convenient location for events at McCormick PlaceMore infoIl CulaccinoPrice: Moderate• Italian• South Loop•4.3
- ADAddisonDinervipChicago / Illinois •20 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoOne of my favorite places. I always seem to stop there on my way to another event, so I count on their fast, friendly service & great food.More infoFranco's RistorantePrice: Moderate• Italian• Bridgeport•4.8
- OTOpenTable DinerChicago / Illinois •2 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoThe late night menu had a great selection. The staff was friendly and treated my friend well for her birthday. Great conversations with the bartender and other people dining at the bar. The environment was pleasant with great music playing. Love it here and will forever continue to visit for a good time out.More info14 Parish Restaurant & Rhum BarPrice: Expensive• Caribbean• Hyde Park•4.5
- RRosalindChicago / Illinois •4 reviews5.0Dined on Jun 2, 2023Our server was the right amount of friendly and attentive. Very good experience. Food came quickly; fresh, well presented and generous portionsMore infoThe Sit Down Cafe & Sushi BarPrice: Moderate• Sushi• Hyde Park•4.1
- OTOpenTable DinerChicago / Illinois •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023The hostess Ruff is an amazing performer and all the performances were outstanding. This was a great experience and worth the price.More infoLips - ChicagoPrice: Expensive• Contemporary American• South Loop•4.8
The New York Times names its 50 favorite restaurants for 2023
Among the favorites this year are Keralan comfort food spot Thattu in Chicago and the cafe-by-day, restaurant-by-night Comfort Kitchen in Boston.
4 dishes to try at Chicago’s River North Mexican gem Tzuco
Famed chef Carlos Gaytán’s restaurant just turned four and it’s the perfect excuse to go to this Chicago restaurant spotlighting Mexican regional cooking.
LatinX-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These LatinX-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
6 new restaurants making a splash in Chicago right now
Chicago’s best new restaurants, ideal for your next brunch, lunch, or dinner, are home to some of the city’s hottest tables.
Black-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find Black-owned and -operated restaurants to support on Juneteenth, and everyday. Explore the spots in your area.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
Chicago’s 8 favorite bars
Chicago’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges and charming wine bars to tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
Celebrate your special occasions at these 12 top Chicago restaurants
The Windy City has endless options when it comes to transforming a regular Saturday night into an unforgettable evening. Though many celebrations in this Midwestern sports town are centered around home team victories, championships aren’t the only reasons to party. Ring in a birthday at a cevicheria on a bustling West Loop rooftop. Toast a relationship milestone at a MICHELIN-starred, Korean American gem in Avondale. These are the 12 best restaurants in Chicago for celebrating special occasions right now.
15 restaurants that define Chicago
Meet the best restaurants that define Chicago's dining scene, capturing its past and present while also imagining its future.
Women-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Woman-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their identity — explore spots to support near you.
The 11 Best Restaurants in Chicago for a Romantic Date Night
Whether it’s for that special February holiday or just because, the Windy City abounds with romantic restaurants. A sexy seafood spot in River North serves exquisite oysters and liquid nitrogen cocktails. In the West Loop, a Croatian Italian restaurant steered by a Top Chef winner has plenty of cozy corners for cuddling. A flamenco guitarist serenades diners at a 50-year-old fondue favorite in Lakeview. Chicago has plenty of options for your next date, whether you’re looking for a casual evening of quiet conversation or a show-stopping display of culinary wooing. Go ahead and put down that heart-shaped chocolate box and book a table at one of these 11 romantic restaurants instead.
9 Bucket-List Burgers in Chicago
Deep-dish pizza and loaded hot dogs might be what the Windy City is known for, but Chicago knows how to make a damn good burger. The city is jam-packed with restaurants presenting their takes on the ground meat sandwich. Think Venteux’s chuck patty topped with raclette and crispy shallots, Adorn’s dry-aged prime beef burger, or Blue Door Farm Stand’s vegan quinoa burger with mango chutney. Here are the best burgers you do not want to miss in Chicago.
Discover Hyde Park
Hyde Park is best known for being the location of the University of Chicago. However, you can find something great to eat whether you're a college student or just visiting for the weekend. If you love macaroni and cheese, Hyde Park has several locations that offer various combinations that include bacon, ham and peas. You can even enjoy a grilled cheese sandwich stuffed with macaroni. Those who like steak and fried chicken will have plenty of options to choose from in the Hyde Park area as it is a great place to get a bite to eat or for after you have had a couple of drinks and are looking to fill your stomach before bed.
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in Hyde Park is Chemistry
- Lowe Park
- Fiftyninth Street Marina
- Harper Court Shopping Center
- Drexel Square
- Harding Museum
- William Rainey Harper Memorial Library
- Statue of The Republic
- Hyde Park Station
- Bixler Park
- Jessie Ma Houston Playlot Park
- Dorchester Commons Shopping Center
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Lake Shore
- Willow Park
- Madison Park
- Stagg Field Historical
- Hyatt Place Chicago-South/University Medical Center
- George C Walker Museum
- Hyde Park Historical Society Museum
- Cornell Park
- Kimbark Plaza Shopping Center