Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Please note, during the Distillery Winter Village November 17th to December 31st, there are limited reservations available. Please call 1-416-203-2121 or email us at email@example.com for any further inquiries or questions.
Located in the Distillery District, El Catrin pairs an ambitious, wide-ranging, tapas-style menu with Canada's largest mezcal and tequila collection. El Catrin has built its reputation as one of the most celebrated restaurants in Toronto by offering transportive dining experiences, serving traditional and modern Mexican cuisine in a lively and award-winning atmosphere.
The 37ft bar serves sangria, cocktails & traditional tapas. In true Catalan fashion, the bar features a ham carving station & a Spanish style glass display case with cold bar delicacies. The open-kitchen serves the rest of the menu made up of modern interpretations of traditional Catalonian tapas.
Please note, during the Distillery Winter Village November 17th to December 31st, there are limited reservations available. Please call 1-416-203-2632 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any further inquiries or questions.
Exciting, non-pretentious menus inspired by Frances's modern food movement paired with vibrant music, breathtaking design, & personalized service have made us the best French restaurant in Toronto. Nearly every item on our menu is made from scratch and we proudly maintain a curated Wine Spectator recognized wine list with nearly 200 bottles.
Our adjacent café lets you take Cluny home with pastries, macarons, housemade terrines and preserves, and artisanal pantry items. Take out, from coffee to fresh-baked breads, made-to-order crepes to sandwiches.
- RARobertsAKToronto / Ontario •2 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoWonderful place for a dinner for 2 or large group. Love the atmosphere and the food is incredibleMore infoGusto 501Price: Moderate• Italian• King East•4.6
- LCLindaCLondon •1 review5.0Dined on Nov 27, 2023From the minute I walked in the staff were very friendly and helpful - the waiter was delightful.More infoMill St. BrewpubPrice: Moderate• Gastro Pub• Distillery District•4.3
- SShivToronto / Ontario •8 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023El Catrin aced it again. The drinks and food was great as always. The server was very helpful and offered great advice on the food portions and what would be ideal for us to order.More infoEl CatrinPrice: Expensive• Mexican• Distillery District•4.5
- JJayeToronto / Ontario •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Great experience. We had several rounds of Tapas and Cocktails. The service intervals were perfect. Was Jan 1st and there was still an energetic atmosphere. The food was absolutely amazing. Smaller portions for those used to American sized servings. Will definitely come back.More infoMadrina Bar y TapasPrice: Expensive• Catalan• Distillery District•4.5
- OTvipToronto / Ontario •6 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Really great brunch at Cluny on New Year’s Day! The food was excellent, the ambiance perfect for a family/friends get-together! The service was also great for our table of six. Will definitely go again!More infoClunyPrice: Expensive• French• Distillery District•4.4
Limited-time Dining Experiences in Toronto✨
Available until the end of the month only.
The 18 Greatest Restaurants Around Toronto
Toronto’s distinctive neighbourhoods and multicultural history make the city one of the most exciting places to eat in the country. Many of the city’s greatest restaurants merge Canadian food traditions with those from other parts of the world, showcasing what happens when the country’s ingredients meet those from Korea, China, Pakistan, and beyond. And when the past several years pushed the city’s entire hospitality industry to the brink, restaurants in The 6 rose to the occasion, keeping Torontonians fed and their pantries full. There’s no better time to acknowledge and support the restaurants that have had an immeasurable influence on modern dining in Toronto: meet The Greats, the 18 restaurants that breathe life into the city.
11 of Toronto’s outstanding spots for celebrating special occasions
Torontonians come from all corners of the world. So it’s only natural that the special occasion restaurants in Canada’s largest city have global sensibilities. Celebrate a relationship milestone at a hidden French countryside escape in Midtown. Take a group gathering to a lively King West karaoke spot with Sichuan-inspired plates. For an epic birthday dinner, head to a Harbourfront Italian icon that was just awarded a MICHELIN star. Queen City’s restaurants are ready to host your next anniversary, family reunion, or promotion. Read on for a list of Toronto's top 11 special occasion spots to book now.
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in Distillery District (Toronto) is Madrina Bar y Tapas