Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
THE QUIET AND HARMONY THAT INVOLVES PITIONA IS ONE OF THE MOST DELIGHTFUL PLEASURES THAT WE CAN OFFER TO OUR VISITORS.
RESTRICTIONS: WE DO NOT ALLOW ACCESS KIDS UNDER 12 YEARS OLD.
Just like that nostalgic song, this place celebrates in its own way the culture of an exceptional people: the Mixtec or ñuu savi; the first does it with her poetry and the second with her food.
Our chef: Olga Cabrera, cook, is the architect of such gastronomic praise, and she achieves it from the knowledge and respect for an ancient cuisine that she inherited from the women of her family and her community, Huajuapan – in the heart of the Mixteca region of Oaxaca -, a knowledge that seasons with his special passion for traditional dishes.
Nuestra pasión es resaltar las tradiciones y costumbres de Oaxaca a través de su gastronomía, la mezcla de ingredientes locales en nuestra cocina de humo genera aromas y sabores excepcionales que son el pretexto perfecto para estimular los sentidos.
El acueducto construido a mediados del siglo XVIII, las construcciones en adobe y nuestro verde jardín al aire libre forman parte de una increíble experiencia.
- KHKarinaH1 review5.0Dined 6 days agoIt’s probably the best restaurant I’ve been to. Absolutely delicious and great quality.More infoCasa Oaxaca El RestaurantePrice: Very Expensive• Regional Mexican• Oaxaca•4.5
- WWillCorpus Christi / McAllen •4 reviews5.0Dined on Sep 12, 2023Pitiona has INCREDIBLE food with some of the best views of Oaxaca!! The service was superb as well! We will return!!More infoPitiona Cocina de AutorPrice: Very Expensive• Contemporary Mexican• Oaxaca•4.4
- LILiamILos Angeles •1 review5.0Dined on Jul 15, 2023Best food of our whole trip! Great views and well priced. Our favorite place in all of Mexico.More infoCobarde OaxacaPrice: Very Expensive• Eurasian• Oaxaca•4.6
- OTOpenTable DinerSeattle / Eastern Washington •1 review5.0Dined on Jul 4, 2023Great flavor, great experience if you want to taste something different than “mole” , this is your place.More infoZandunga sabor istmeñoPrice: Expensive• Traditional Mexican• Oaxaca•4.2
- AAnatvipSan Diego •25 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Very good service, traditional cuisine, traditional service. This is not a “fad”. It is real food from Oaxaca, with very polite staff. Nice and with an elegant touch. Good for families, groups, solo or couples.More infoRestaurante CatedralPrice: Expensive• Mexican / Southwestern• Oaxaca•4.5
Frequently asked questions
As of September 28, 2023 there are 27 restaurants in Oaxaca. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find Contemporary Mexican, Traditional Mexican, Regional Mexican, Mexican, Mexican / Southwestern and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Oaxaca who deliver with Uber Eats.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Oaxaca either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.
- Hotel Casa Vertiz
- Bungalows San Felipe Oaxaca
- Mitla Archeological Zone
- Ishuakara Estudio
- Hotel Hacienda Los Laureles
- Quinta Real Oaxaca
- Hostal Zipolite Arteaga
- Holiday Inn Express Oaxaca - Centro Historico
- Central Bus Station Foreign Buses
- Estacion San Isidro
- Oaxaca Cathedral
- Hostal Dos Lunas
- Hierba De Conejo Hostel
- Hostal De La Noria
- Parque Nacional Benito Juaez
- Hotel Marques Del Valle
- Hotel Oaxaca Dorado