Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Balancing flavor in food is always a journey and a work of art. To create food alchemy is to get in touch with the ingredients, feel the little creative nudges, follow your instincts, take risks, have courage and just allow.
At Buffalo Dreamer, Chef Rebecca Christensen is a relentless perfectionist, pursuing harmony in American cuisine as she brings together food flavors and recipes from absolutely everywhere.
Located at Moccasin Springs, an ancient mineral spring with newly renovated soaking pools, Buffalo Dreamer offers the transformative experience of food prepared with love and deep intention. Come dine with us and rest awhile. You just might feel the spirits of the majestic buffalo that once bathed, wallowed and fed in this historic and sacred site.
We believe in supporting our local artisans and staying connected to our Black Hills community. At a time when the area is growing and expanding, we are striving to keep the flavor of the region alive.
Inspired by the history of this area, both the aesthetics of the building and the diversity of the menu are true to our local roots, something no nation-wide franchise can duplicate. Certainly, there are other steakhouses out there, but none like ours.
From the first design to the actual construction, we have focused on creating a balance between upscale dining and a casual atmosphere-crafting a chic steakhouse where the kids are welcome too.
The rest is easy-buy the very best meat possible and prepare it correctly.
Named "Best Restaurant in South Dakota" 2015 by Business Insider
Minervas has been an icon for outstanding food and impeccable service. Guests rave about the diversely delicious menu, featuring everything from in-house aged steaks to ocean fresh seafood to classically authentic pasta.
Minervas’ highly regarded reputation continues to make the restaurant a favorite for celebrating special occasions. We've also served our share of famous visitors including presidents, movie stars, musicians, politicians and celebrities.
- OTOpenTable DinerJackson Hole / Wyoming •2 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoVery rarely does everything fall into place perfectly as well as something exceeding your expectations. Well, Dakotah Steakhouse did. From the time we walked through the door we were greeted by an outstanding front of house staff. They were delightful and accommodating. Moving to our superior server Cole. Quite frankly, he delivered 5 stars across the board. His recommendations were spot on. His attitude was exceptional. His service was perfect. It's people like Cole that restore my faith in American exceptionalism and excellence. The food is no exception. We had the bison and filet mignon, three sisters soup, the fry bread, the glazed carrots everything worthy of a Michelin Star. The steaks were cooked perfectly. I give hard criticism on how meat is cooked, and this meat was nothing less than outstanding. Everyone from the back of house and front of house. Great work!!! and Thank you!!! The experience will bring us back for more and more. That's how you operate a restaurant and that's how you cook your delicious steaks. God bless America and God bless Dakotah Steakhouse!!!More infoDakotah SteakhousePrice: Moderate• Steakhouse• Rapid City•4.5
- LALisaASouth Dakota •3 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoGreat food, very impressed. Service was very goodMore infoSear Black Hills SteakhousePrice: Moderate• Steakhouse• Rapid City•4.6
- OTOpenTable DinerSouth Dakota •1 review5.0Dined 6 days agoI had been wanting to try this place for a while. Let's say I should have gone sooner! It's very quaint and lovely inside. But the food! Oh my Aphrodite was the food delicious! And they made the French 75 wonderfully. I'll go back.More infoDelmonico GrillPrice: Expensive• American• Rapid City•4.3
- JMJoshuaMSouth Dakota •5 reviews4.0Dined on Nov 26, 2023Food was excellent! Always a great choice for pub food. Service was slow but not bad, but it’s parade day and you could tell they were short staffed. Overall still a great experience.More infoMurphy's Pub and GrillPrice: Moderate• Gastro Pub• Rapid City•4.2
- KkatierosevipSouth Dakota •23 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 23, 2023I always love Tally’s. I’ve not had a bad experience.More infoTally's Silver SpoonPrice: Expensive• American• Rapid City•4.4
Discover Rapid City
Rapid City is the perfect launching pad for visiting Mt Rushmore, Crazy Horse Monument, Deadwood, the Badlands, and the Black Hills. The other thing Rapid City has going for is its inviting restaurant scene. Rapid has a long list of steakhouses where the chefs are classically trained and can fix the perfect steak. Many of the restaurants feature buffalo steaks or prime rib and buffalo burgers. In addition to steaks and buffalo, you’ll find family-friendly restaurants offering classic comfort foods. If you’re feeling more experimental, however, sample their international cuisine. Options include French, Italian, Mexican, and even traditional Indian and Nepalese dishes.
Frequently asked questions
- Dinosaur Park
- Needles Eye
- Crazy Horse Memorial
- Mount Rushmore National Memorial
- Dakota Cowboy Inn
- Ellsworth Air Force Base
- Flyway Log Cabin
- Upper Pine Creek Natural Area
- Journey Museum
- South Town Mall
- Storybook Island
- Rushmore Waterslide Park
- Custer State Park Norbeck Wildlife Preserve
- Hilton Garden Inn Rapid City
- Sleep Inn & Suites
- Villa Ranchero Shopping Center
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Rapid City
- Pactola Reservoir Recreation Area
- Sioux Indian Museum
- Super 8 Hill City Mount Rushmore