Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Located just over the bridge from Isle of Palms, within The Shoppes at Seaside Farms, Crave proudly serves superb dining and classic cocktails to Mount Pleasant residents & low-country visitors.
We are proud members of Fresh On The Menu, a certified SC grown initiative with a heavy focus on locally-produced products. Our Chef is extremely sensitive to dietary restrictions and sensitivities, resulting in over 20% of our menu being able to accommodate guest allergies and food sensitivities.
*We Validate Parking with your meal!
- OTOpenTable DinerGreater Boston •1 review5.0Dined 1 day agoThe server was extremely welcoming and the ambiance was exactly what we had hoped for - cozy, upscale but not pretentious. The decor and lighting were perfect. We each had a pasta dish and they were on par with the best meals we had when we visited Italy. If I lived in the area we would certainly make this our go-to spot for date night. Price was very reasonable given the quality of the food. Tiramisu was delicious too. Can’t think of a single thing we would change. We are here for a few nights and already made a reservation for another meal.More infoIndacoPrice: Moderate• Italian• Downtown Charleston•4.8
- OTOpenTable DinerTampa / Central Florida West •1 review5.0Dined 6 days agoThe best restaurant I have been to in a long time! Everything from the fried green tomato’s to the shrimp and grits to the beignets to our chef:server (Raymond) to the live music was exceptional. All around 5 stars! I can’t wait to go back!More infoEli’s TablePrice: Expensive• American• Downtown Charleston•4.2
- FDFreqDiner57Washington, D.C. Area •18 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Had a lobster roll, very good! The french fries were very crispy, done just right. And my wife had the fried shrimp basket. She said it tasted very good as well. This is our second time eating there, both times good, our server was very attentive, and knew the menu. We enjoyed the dinner, and we will certainly be back.More infoThe Darling Oyster BarPrice: Moderate• Seafood• Downtown Charleston•4.7
- SVSandraVNew York / Tri-State Area •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Everything was great. The server was fantastic. But we wanted to sit outside in the enclosure and the noise level was beyond so we went back in. Also no parking and adding $17 to park made it a bit expensive. But overall was a special time.More infoTavern & TablePrice: Moderate• American• Mount Pleasant•4.5
- NNadiaMiami - Dade •4 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023The Cadillac mimosas were very good!! Our server and food was delicious. I would definitely eat here again.More infoChurch and Union - CharlestonPrice: Moderate• American• Downtown Charleston•4.5
11 stellar special-occasion restaurants in Charleston
Charleston’s got a celebratory soul, and food is practically a religion here. Which explains why its special-occasion restaurants are forces to be reckoned with. While many of its most festive restaurants are in its historic downtown, surrounded by views of horse-drawn carriages and cobblestone streets, others are on some of the smaller islands, complete with stunning coastal views. Whether you’re ringing in a birthday, anniversary, promotion, or simply just because, the city’s thriving restaurant scene has the ideal spot. Read on for a guide to 11 special-occasion worthy restaurants in Charleston to book now.
The best places to grab a drink in Charleston
Charleston’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges to charming wine bars and tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
Charleston’s 9 best outdoor dining setups
Charleston’s best restaurants for outdoor dining come with breathtaking views, scenic streetside tables, and charming patios.
Charleston’s 8 Greatest Restaurants
Together, these old and new restaurants offer a snapshot of the best of Charleston dining right now.
8 romantic restaurants in Charleston for every kind of date
Romance fills Charleston’s cobblestone streets, candlelit verandas, and fiery sunsets. That signature Lowcountry charm also distinguishes the city’s best date-night restaurants. At an oyster bar on King Street, window seats and fried fish baskets take the edge off first-date jitters. For a transportive evening complete with lamb kebabs and anise cocktails, couples hit one of the area’s only Lebanese restaurants. A classic steakhouse in a restored bank makes an elegant backdrop for an unforgettable proposal. There’s a table for every kind of date night in one of the South’s most scenic cities. Read on for a guide to 8 Charleston restaurants ready to host your next romantic occasion.
6 New Restaurants to Book in Charleston This Spring
What defines Southern hospitality more than a steaming communal table of Lowcountry boil or shrimp and grits? While those standbys, fueled by the bounty of the surrounding creeks and rivers, still form the soul of Charleston dining, the Holy City is expanding its culinary universe. These new restaurants, ranging from the city’s only food hall to an Indian fusion restaurant, pay tribute to Charleston’s history while increasing its global appeal.
Discover Mount Pleasant
With its home-style cooking and Southern hospitality, you're sure to feel welcome in Mount Pleasant. Located on the Atlantic Coast, the city is rich in naval history with plenty of museums and restored ships to tour, but the real star of this South Carolina locale is the comfort food. Spend a leisurely brunch eating biscuits and gravy, fried green tomatoes, or shrimp and grits. The city's location on the East Coast means that you can get plenty of fresh seafood like crab soup, oysters, and flounder. The atmosphere at many of Mount Pleasant's most popular restaurants is casual and fun, so bring the whole family to enjoy lobster rolls, scallops, or a slice of tart key lime pie. If seafood's not your thing, there are great Greek, burger, Mexican, and steak options.
Frequently asked questions
Restaurants with gluten-free options in Mt. Pleasant are Crave Kitchen & Cocktails, Nick’s German Kitchen and Charleston Harbor Fish House - Charleston Harbor Resort & Marina
Bottomless brunch in Mt. Pleasant is available at Tavern & Table, Crave Kitchen & Cocktails and Charleston Harbor Fish House - Charleston Harbor Resort & Marina
The most romantic restaurant in Mt. Pleasant is Crave Kitchen & Cocktails
Restaurants in Mt. Pleasant with a great view include Charleston Harbor Fish House - Charleston Harbor Resort & Marina, Tavern & Table and Crave Kitchen & Cocktails
- Rivertowne Country Club
- Sea Island Shopping Center
- Charles Pinckney National Historic Site
- Fairmount Shopping Plaza Shopping Center
- Mount Pleasant Sports Complex
- Cold War Submarine Memorial
- Fort Johnson Marine Biological Station
- I On Club
- The Beach Club at Charleston Harbor Resort and Marina
- USS Yorktown State Park
- Holiday Inn Charleston - Mount Pleasant
- Hampton Inn & Suites Charleston/Mt. Pleasant-Isle Of Palms
- Brickyard Falls Shopping Center
- Comfort Suites at Isle of Palms Connector
- Shelmore Shopping Center
- Seaside Farms Shopping Center
- Patriots Plaza Shopping Center
- Sweetgrass Shopping Center
- Hilton Garden Inn Mount Pleasant SC
- Fort Sumter Ferry Patriots Point