Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Please note that due to the size of our dining room and our tableside service, the restaurant is not suited to children under 13 years of age. Thank you for your understanding.
River House does have a dressy casual dress code consisting of no shorts, flip flops, baseball hats or tank tops in the dining room for the gentlemen. Comparable attire for the ladies. Children under 16 are exempt. We do offer complimentary pants to guests that may need them.
River House corkage policy is a maximum of 3 bottles per reservation without management consent at $35 per bottle.
River House has a 24-hour cancellation and No-Show Policy consisting of $25 per person plus a 18% SVC Charge.
We strive to offer Old Town Bluffton, SC a timeless neighborhood watering hole just a couple blocks from the bluff. Paired with a chef driven menu of southern plates, thoughtful service and comforting lowcountry classic food.
After a swell day on the river or a rough one at work, bring a friend or come alone. Whatever you do... pull up a stool and stay awhile.
You are home.
- OTOpenTable DinerSouth Carolina •2 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoEverything you would want for a beautiful dining experience… is here. The food was elevated by Clyde - who was very attentive and knowledgeable about the menu and assisted us throughout the evening. The restaurant was equally matched by the patrons, who were respectful of the dress code and cast a moderate noise level that made it easy to talk at our table. It’s an overall lovely dining establishment that makes you happy to dress up and take in the gorgeous holiday season!More infoRiver House - Montage Palmetto BluffPrice: Very Expensive• American• Bluffton•4.8
- OTOpenTable DinerAtlanta Metro •3 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoAbsolutely delicious meals all the way around the table. Salmon, tuna, steak, scallops - all extraordinary. We had one allergy concern, and waiter and others took very special care to provide options to avoid the food allergy. Lovely low volume musician playing in background. Nice setting. Loved this dining experience!More infoThe PearlPrice: Moderate• Seafood• Bluffton•4.8
- OTOpenTable DinerDetroit / Eastern Michigan •1 review5.0Dined 4 days agoAn outstanding dining experience. Started with seared foie gras and 5-onion soup (delicious! wish I could make it that good), then the ceasar salad brulee (has a little kick to it!), and then Ribeye and Filet Mignon -- both excellent. The only thing I might not get again is the Manhattan -- a little too smoky for my taste.More infoThe Bluffton RoomPrice: Expensive• Contemporary American• Bluffton•4.9
- Bb6971vipFort Lauderdale •18 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 24, 2023Great place with a great vibe! Good low country foodMore infoCalhoun Street TavernPrice: Moderate• Southern• Bluffton•4.1
- KLKathyLeePhiladelphia / New Jersey Suburbs •3 reviews5.0Dined on Mar 10, 2023Management warm and welcoming. Wonderful lunch Can’t say enough good things about Bricco. Five star kind of place.More infoBricco Ristorante ItalianoPrice: Expensive• Italian• Bluffton•4.5
11 stellar special-occasion restaurants in Charleston
Charleston’s got a celebratory soul, and food is practically a religion here. Which explains why its special-occasion restaurants are forces to be reckoned with. While many of its most festive restaurants are in its historic downtown, surrounded by views of horse-drawn carriages and cobblestone streets, others are on some of the smaller islands, complete with stunning coastal views. Whether you’re ringing in a birthday, anniversary, promotion, or simply just because, the city’s thriving restaurant scene has the ideal spot. Read on for a guide to 11 special-occasion worthy restaurants in Charleston to book now.
The best places to grab a drink in Charleston
Charleston’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges to charming wine bars and tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
Charleston’s 9 best outdoor dining setups
Charleston’s best restaurants for outdoor dining come with breathtaking views, scenic streetside tables, and charming patios.
Charleston’s 8 Greatest Restaurants
Together, these old and new restaurants offer a snapshot of the best of Charleston dining right now.
8 romantic restaurants in Charleston for every kind of date
Romance fills Charleston’s cobblestone streets, candlelit verandas, and fiery sunsets. That signature Lowcountry charm also distinguishes the city’s best date-night restaurants. At an oyster bar on King Street, window seats and fried fish baskets take the edge off first-date jitters. For a transportive evening complete with lamb kebabs and anise cocktails, couples hit one of the area’s only Lebanese restaurants. A classic steakhouse in a restored bank makes an elegant backdrop for an unforgettable proposal. There’s a table for every kind of date night in one of the South’s most scenic cities. Read on for a guide to 8 Charleston restaurants ready to host your next romantic occasion.
6 New Restaurants to Book in Charleston This Spring
What defines Southern hospitality more than a steaming communal table of Lowcountry boil or shrimp and grits? While those standbys, fueled by the bounty of the surrounding creeks and rivers, still form the soul of Charleston dining, the Holy City is expanding its culinary universe. These new restaurants, ranging from the city’s only food hall to an Indian fusion restaurant, pay tribute to Charleston’s history while increasing its global appeal.
Historians believe that Native Americans and Spanish explorers threw the first barbecue very near Bluffton. The natives had the cooking know-how while the Spanish brought their pigs with them. Since then, the town's cuisine pedigree has only grown. Bluffton seafood platters groan under the weight of low country shrimp, crab, lobster, and catfish. Seafood restaurants are a large contender in the town's fine dining category, and they offer both local delicacies and more exotic catch flown in from the Pacific. The town has a nice mix of upscale and family-friendly for all three meals of the day. In addition to seafood and traditional Southern cuisine, you can find anything from Asian and Cajun to nationally known sandwich shops. Wash it all down with a mint julep or sweet tea, which was invented in South Carolina.
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in Bluffton is The Bluffton Room
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Hilton Head Island Bluffton
- Eagle's Pointe Golf Club
- Magnuson Hotel Hardeeville
- Island West Golf Club
- Argent Square Depot Shopping Center
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bluffton at Hilton Head Area
- Deluxe Inn Hardeeville
- Crescent Pointe Golf Club
- Sleep Inn Hardeeville
- Hampton Inn & Suites Bluffton-Sun City
- Municipal Stadium
- Low Country Plaza Shopping Center
- May River Golf Club At Palmetto Bluff
- Red Roof Inn Hardeeville
- Super 8 Hardeeville
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hardeeville - Hilton Head
- Golf Club At Rose Hill
- Candlewood Suites Bluffton - Hilton Head
- Okatie Creek Golf Club