Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Our menu honors year-round classical favorites and seasonal specialties from the region of Veneto, with ingredients coming from Italy and the finest local purveyors. But it's the experience around those elements that you won't forget.
Being at VENETO is like being in Amy & Marco's home. It's a warm, inviting environment curated with one-of-a-kind antique European furniture and accessories, from the hundreds-year old Italian sofa in the dining room to the Italian marble in the restrooms. We want you comfortable, relaxed, and immersed in Italian culture as you ponder the menu, soak up new knowledge, and enjoy inspired conversation along the way.
With a reservation, or if allowed admission from the Bartender upstairs, you can experience The Rest. It is a subterranean gem that looks like a bar that Hemingway would have built. Dark wood, taxidermy, old books and plenty of good whiskey. Perfect place for privacy and escaping the world for a minute... Or hours.
The environment at Stoneground is cool and casual; some describe it as a rustic/urban vibe. You’ll feel comfortable dressed as you are. The window tables have mesmerizing views and are ideal for intimate dining occasions. The outdoor deck seats about 40-people and is the go-to spot for your fair weather celebrations. Park and enter from the rear of the building. Parking is Free. Hope to see you soon!
Located a few minutes walk from the heart of downtown, we are perfect for dining before shows and concerts and even U of U football games. And, with private dining space we can host private parties ranging from 10-100.
For casual dining or celebrations in your life, please come in and enjoy the gifts of good food and good wine with your family and friends.
Tables for parties less than five will be reserved for a maximum of two hours, please let us know in advance if you would prefer additional dining time and we can accommodate your request.
We strive to keep our facility as peanut and tree-nut free as possible. We do not allow staff, patrons or vendors to bring in peanut or tree-nut products.
Brunch is served every Saturday and Sunday. Allergies and food restrictions are carefully prepared. Vegan, Vegetarian and Gluten Free options are always available but something can be specially prepared with a call to us ahead of time.
Please note: due to rising business levels we have started requiring credit cards to hold ALL reservations. We understand that things come up, we just ask that if you are unable to make it you cancel within 6 hours of your reservation time so we can fill the reservation. Any no shows will be charged $35 per person. We do charge a gratuity for parties larger than 6. Thank you for your understanding and for choosing to dine with us!
Peruse our award-winning wine and drinks menus including our seasonal craft cocktails.
When the weather is warm, enjoy our outdoor patio. Seating is limited; we request that guests keep dining to a 2 hour limit. Reservations are recommended; walk-ins are welcome. We are also available for curbside pick-up and gift card purchase. Cheers!
- OTOpenTable DinervipLas Vegas •11 reviews5.0Dined todayAll of the dishes we had were excellent! We had the watermelon salad, street corn, wild mushroom flatbread, warm olive and chorizo, and sticky toffee pudding for dessert.More infoEva$$$$• Tapas / Small Plates• Salt Lake City•4.8
- MMarlenel1 review5.0Dined 1 day agoGreat waiter, Shaun, steak over seasoned for me. Caesar salad best I've ever had.More infoRuth's Chris Steak House - Salt Lake City$$$$• Steakhouse• Salt Lake City•4.9
- JJarredUtah •2 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoGaby was our server. He was amazing and attentive to everyone in our party. The food was really good. I had the Porcini Rubbed Ribeye. Gaby recommended it and it was phenomenal. The sides we got were on point. Thank you for a great experience!More infoThe Capital Grille - Salt Lake City$$$$• Steakhouse• Salt Lake City•4.8
- CcaranbovipHouston •43 reviews5.0Dined 6 days agoBeautiful restaurant for our one night in SLC. Ambiance and service were really good. My king salmon was delicious but the peach salsa was a bit sweet. Dinner salad boring. Weedy Lettuce only, no other veggies etc. charcuterie is nice, would have preferred a few more veggies as it was mostly fatty meat and cheese. But otherwise good if that’s the way you like it. ￼Husbands chicken rollatini was tasty but not hot. Decent cocktails and wine list. Definitely a nice place to try if you’re visiting Salt Lake. ￼￼More infoCaffe Molise$$$$• Italian• Downtown•4.6
- DKDariaKvipLos Angeles •4 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023Great drinks, amazing service and delicious food!More infoLake Effect$$$$• Cocktail Bar• Downtown•4.7
Cradled by the Wasatch Mountains to the east and north, Salt Lake City offers a vibrant nightlife and ample opportunities to ski, hike, bike, explore canyons and enjoy annual festivals. Eat heartily to keep up your energy for all these activities by making your way downtown to sample American classics, bar-and-grill favorites, vegetarian dishes and culinary offerings from all corners of the globe. Treat yourself to high-end Japanese or Mexican cuisine or grab a few scoops of Aggie blue mint ice cream after seeing a show. Misconceptions abound about Utah's liquor laws; in reality, it's easy to enjoy a drink in Salt Lake City as more microbreweries and independent bars are opening all the time. Public transportation is available downtown if you don't want to deal with parking.
Frequently asked questions
As of September 21, 2023 there are 33 restaurants in Downtown Salt Lake City. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find Italian, American, Mexican, Contemporary American, Fondue and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Downtown Salt Lake City who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Downtown Salt Lake City either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.
- Memory Grove Park
- Residence Inn by Marriott Salt Lake City Downtown
- Hilton Garden Inn Salt Lake City Downtown
- Camelot Inn & Hostel
- Five Points Shopping Center
- Doubletree Suites by Hilton Salt Lake City
- City Creek Canyon
- Artesian Well Park
- Downtown Home with a Big Back Yard by Wasatch Vacation Homes
- Discovery Gateway
- Classic Tudor in the Upper East Side by Wasatch Vacation Homes
- America's Best Inn and Suites Salt Lake City
- Memory Park
- Motel 6 Salt Lake City Downtown
- Classic Cars International Antique Auto Museum of Utah
- Metropolitan Inn Downtown Salt Lake City
- Beautiful Historic Downtown Salt Lake House by Wasatch Vacation Homes
- Crystal Inn Hotel & Suites - Salt Lake City
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Salt Lake City Downtown
- Warm Springs Park