Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Elegante and Romantic Atmosphere
Our lunch menu features a range of burgers, sandwiches, and salads, all made with the freshest ingredients that are sure to delight. And on Sundays, our soon to be famous brunch offers a variety of family-style served items of the Chef’s choice that are included with your entrée selection.
With our warm and welcoming atmosphere, friendly staff, and exceptional cuisine, The Cafe Texan is the perfect spot to gather with friends and family for a satisfying meal in the heart of our community.
Open Table's 2016 list - "100 Best Restaurants for Foodies in America"
Aburi refers to the technique of torching fish, enhancing its flavor by lightly searing it. This process not only brings out the fish's taste but also benefits from the use of premium Japanese white oak charcoal, imparting a subtle smokiness & effectively filtering out torch-related gases. Aburi involves a gentle searing, leaving the fish partially cooked.
Hailing from Houston, a city renowned for its cultural diversity, our restaurant draws inspiration from this multicultural hub. Despite our Japanese name, our culinary concept transcends borders, aiming to showcase a medley of global cuisines, mirroring the diverse food scene of Houston.
Fresh fish is flown in directly from Tsukiji Market, Japan.
We recommend arriving early to experience our specialty cocktail menu before dining!
Life is to be enjoyed, if you want to go somewhere to appreciate your bottle of wine and be reminded of the simple pleasures of life, this is it.
Rooted in timeless French approach, Chef Verzeroli has created a menu where plants play a prominent role: seasonal fruits and vegetables, fresh herbs, and greens are complemented by wild and sustainable fish with local Texas meats. All our breads are gluten-free and baked in house.
Le Jardinier's light-filled space will evoke a feeling of relaxed-luxury and incorporate custom art pieces with outdoor dining set within an Isamu Noguchi-designed sculpture garden.
Good Vibes offers an exclusive menu of innovative American cuisine including the freshest seafood from the Gulf of Mexico, Atlantic and Pacific coasts, Lockhart, Texas-grown quail, and craft meats from R-C Ranch. Each of our burgers is made with half a pound of the freshest 100% Angus beef, vine-ripe tomatoes, and Texas sweet onion. We source local ingredients whenever possible and nothing on our menu is premade. Every item is made-to-order. And, there’s nothing like a few brews to get the party started! We carry 36 beers on tap along with a selection of succulent signature cocktails.
Don’t miss all the fun! Confirm seating availability by making your reservation today.
- SWSW91Baltimore / Maryland •3 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoReally nice restaurant with excellent food. Very accommodating as our group had decreased at arrival, then with two people arriving late.More infoState of GracePrice: Expensive• Contemporary Southern• River Oaks•4.8
- Llove4finediningvipHouston •11 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoExcellent customer service from the time I walked in the door. Food and drinks were perfect. I would recommend they do something special for birthdays.More infoFloraPrice: Moderate• Mexican• Montrose•4.6
- LNLisaNHouston •4 reviews5.0Dined on Sep 13, 2023The service and food were outstanding. My only complaint was that the lighting in the restaurant kept flickering throughout the dinner. It was very distracting. Hopefully an electrician can figure it out. Otherwise, definitely a restaurant to revisit.More infoZanti Cucina Italiana - River OaksPrice: Very Expensive• Italian• River Oaks•4.7
- OTOpenTable DinerHouston •1 review4.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023Everything was great! A little sad I didn’t get to try the Lobster Ravioli but maybe next time. Jordan was a great server who thoroughly explained the menu to us for being first time guests there.More infoMarmoPrice: Moderate• Italian• Montrose•4.6
- HRHopeRHouston •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023I can't say enough good things about this place! Not only did they exceed our expectations, they made sure this was one of our best dining experiences ever. Steaks were cooked to perfection and dessert was amazing. To top it off, our server was Stephanie A. She was on top of everything, and had a very outgoing and knowledgeable personality. She was attentive but not overbearing. We will definitely be back soon.More infoSteak 48 - HoustonPrice: Very Expensive• Steakhouse• River Oaks•4.9
Black-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near Houston
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find Black-owned and -operated restaurants to support. Explore the spots in your area.
Discover the Top Women-Led Restaurants in the U.S. and Canada
There’s no better way to celebrate International Women’s Day than by paying a visit to one of these great restaurants — all helmed by women as chefs, managers, or owners. From running kitchens to managing multiple venues, these exceptional women are leaving their mark on the hospitality industry.
9 Burgers You Must Try In Miami
There’s something about a nice juicy burger that makes it the perfect craveable dish — maybe because it’s a handheld meal that’s ideal for curing ailments like extreme hunger and hangovers. With so many combinations from meat to cheese to toppings and style of bun, no two burgers are the same — and nor should they be. Fortunately, in the Magic City there’s no shortage of delicious, mouthwatering burgers to sink your teeth into. From secret sauces to secret locations there’s always a new burger to discover. Here are nine Miami burgers to put on your to-do list immediately.
14 Houston Restaurants Made for Special Occasions
As the city embraces a return to gathering together safely, one thing is clear: Houstonians are ready to dine out and celebrate, making up for everything they missed in the last year and a half and then some. With a combination of food, atmosphere, and service, great restaurants have the power to make memorable moments into memories that last a lifetime. Luckily for residents of the Bayou City, restaurants are excited to welcome diners back with greater capacity and revamped menus, with many offering specials and hosting events to give diners the much-needed hospitality and expertly prepared meals they’ve been missing. Whether it’s a brunch meetup or a late-night dinner, from private first dates to family-sized major wedding anniversaries, work promotions to closing on a new house, these restaurants provide a variety of options for special occasions, no matter what they might be.
Top Hispanic Owned and Operated Restaurants in the U.S.
September 15th to October 15th brings the celebration of National Hispanic Heritage Month in the United States, a time that honors the cultures of people whose ancestors came from Central and South America, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Spain. A big part of the cultural heritage that many Latinx people share in this country is food. To honor National Hispanic Heritage Month, below find Hispanic-owned and -operated across the U.S.
A large city known for energy production, shipping, and technology, Houston offers many opportunities to try Texas’ best dishes. Texas is known for expansive cattle ranches raising quality beef, so it’s no surprise that it’s easy to find fine steakhouses and funky burger joints in Houston. Another specialty in the city is barbecue. In Houston, you will find pork ribs and beef brisket slow smoked over mesquite and oak. With its location on the Texas coastline, fresh-caught Gulf seafood is also a favorite. Seafood dishes boiled, baked, blackened or fried are among the most sought after in the city. Looking for something spicy? Don't miss out on the local Tex-Mex cuisine.
Stadium or Arena
Hotel / Lodging
Frequently asked questions
As of September 22, 2023 there are 595 restaurants in Houston. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find American, Steakhouse, Italian, Seafood, Contemporary American and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Houston who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Houston either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.