Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
We look forward to seeing you. Stay Safe and Healthy!
Ruth's Chris Steak House in Portland, OR serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.
Il Solito means The Usual, that one favorite dish you would get every time the family went out to the regular spot for dinner. Italian classics that just might become your new usual include house-made focaccia, paccheri alla vodka and tender meatballs over house made spaghetti, doused in our signature red sauce. Just don't ask for the recipe, it is a family secret.
Metropolitan Tavern, on the top floor of Hotel Eastlund is where you’ll find contemporary dishes and hand-crafted cocktails. Come and enjoy Metropolitan Tavern’s inventive “small plates”, shareable boards, Entrees, variety of fresh hand stretched artisan pizzas, and more. Modern yet casual restaurant and bar with patio seating and spectacular views of the city.
As stewards of seasonality, we cultivate community in our weekly walks through the farmers market, in our daily search for the freshest ingredients, and in our never-ending aim to provide an approachable yet refined dining experience in downtown.
It is here where we gather around the table to celebrate Portland.
- MMissyPortland / Oregon •5 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoThe only place we go for special occasions! Best steaks, attention to detail, consistently great food and service.More infoUrban Farmer PortlandPrice: Moderate• Steakhouse• Downtown•4.4
- OTOpenTable DinerPortland / Oregon •31 reviews5.0Dined on Sep 22, 2023The last day of summer, on the deck, high above beautiful Portland. As usual, Departure hit all the 'marks.' From the reservation process to the final tab, all was good. Prompt seating, a 6-top on the deck. Our server was amazing, on it, attentive, friendly and funny. The food was great. Kimchi-fried rice, pork belly, sushi, G&T's, wine.....it all was great. We were able to spend as much time as we wanted, never felt rushed or overwhelmed. A great experience, with a group or on a date. We've never been disappointed.More infoDeparture Restaurant and LoungePrice: Moderate• Contemporary Asian• Downtown•4.3
- EMEM1122131 review5.0Dined on Sep 22, 2023The service was amazing and the ambience was so pretty. I loved almost every minute I was there!More infoPortland City GrillPrice: Moderate• Seafood• Downtown•4.5
- IDIronDukevipPortland / Oregon •43 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Michelle was outstanding server. Salmon was enhanced by a buttery sauce. Petrale Sole was to perfection. Green beans and red potatoes excellent. The Bloody Mary on special with the "well vodka" was disappointing > I should have gone with my favorite Tito's vodka. Overall, a favorite restaurant for excellent seafood.More infoJake's Famous CrawfishPrice: Moderate• Seafood• Downtown•4.6
- RSRobertoSFOvipSan Francisco Bay Area •45 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Jake’s is classic Portland. Old wood columns, aged tile floor, crisply uniformed staff, and a full breakfast that would make a lumberjack happy. Will return. Again.More infoJake's Grill - PortlandPrice: Moderate• Steakhouse• Downtown•4.7
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Portland, OR
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
The Top Restaurants by Cuisine in Portland
Whether it’s a margherita pizza or sashimi you seek, here are the best places by cuisine type, according to our tastemakers.
Discover Downtown Portland
Downtown Portland has a revitalized dining scene, and there is something for everyone among the huge variety of options that range from casual street-side eateries to formal affairs with flair. If you're hungry for lunch, Portland has you covered. The food cart culture is thriving, offering seemingly endless options, including an entire block of lunch favorites. Classic dining is downtown Portland's high point, and visitors will find establishments both old and new. While happy hour might draw diners in, the food keeps them going. Many downtown spots serve up comfort food classics that highlight Oregon's abundance of fresh ingredients. The downtown culture also explodes with global flavors. Travelers will find several restaurants featuring award-winning chefs who can bring the world to your plate.
Frequently asked questions
As of September 30, 2023 there are 39 restaurants in Downtown Oregon. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find Seafood, Steakhouse, Fondue, American, Comfort Food and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Downtown Oregon who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Downtown Oregon either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.
- Hotel Lucia, a Provenance Hotel
- Moda Center
- Swan Island
- Hotel Deluxe, a Provenance Hotel
- Pioneer Courthouse Square
- Columbia City Park
- The Mark Spencer Hotel
- University of Portland
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Portland North West
- Voodoo Doughnuts
- Durham City Park
- Saint Johns City Park
- Galleria Center Shopping Center
- Lillis Albina City Park
- Monaco Portland, a Kimpton Hotel
- Embassy Suites Portland - Downtown
- Willamette Cove
- Oregon Convention Center
- Pge Park
- Pearl District