Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Now five years later, Salt & Char emerges once again!
“Tremendous thought and effort with meticulous attention to detail has gone into creating a new and memorable experience highlighted by a welcoming ambiance, elevated culinary experience and exceptional service. We are delighted to be entering this next chapter of Salt & Char” as shared by owner Larry Roth.
Local, sustainable ingredients are transformed into remarkably creative dishes for breakfast, lunch & dinner seven days a week..and join us for our ever so popular brunch on the weekends in our stunningly designed conservatory.
John Morrissey gave up the ghost while sitting at the old Adelphi Hotel bar. We dedicate this establishment to his spirited history, and we think he'd have a damn good night here with us.
Open for DINNER on Wednesday, Thursday & Friday's | 5-9pm | June 28th - Sept 1st Only.
Open For SUNDAY BRUNCH | 9am-2pm | June 25th - August 27th Only.
Our Restaurant is located directly behind the Historic Mansion, outside under the large tented deck and out in our gardens (weather permitting). Please dress according to the weather.
The main entrance is located at the back of the Mansion and main parking lot, at the Tent.
The Mansion is a casual atmosphere with full table service (reservations are strongly suggested but we welcome walk-ins and are happy to seat you if availability allows).
***IMPORTANT: If you will not be making a reservation and plan to walk-in, please double check if the restaurant is open prior to coming. We do have select dates in which we will be CLOSED due to private parties. These dates are listed on our website.
We encourage you to come in and enjoy our rustic digs with great drinks and a friendly environment!
Please note- reservations for parties of 10 and under may be made on open table directly. If you have a party larger than 10 people, please email email@example.com.
- MAMorganANew York / Tri-State Area •1 review5.0Dined 3 days agoWe waited 20 minutes due to other tables hanging around and the manager comped our drinks! Waiter was great, very tentative. And food was delicious! Can’t wait to go back!More infoThe MercPrice: Moderate• American• Saratoga Springs•4.4
- GAGAETANOCSouth Carolina •12 reviews5.0Dined 4 days agoThe best steakhouse in the area. Every time we have been there has been a great meal.More infoSalt & CharPrice: Very Expensive• Steakhouse• Saratoga Springs•4.5
- PSPamelaSNew York / Tri-State Area •1 review5.0Dined 5 days agoDelicious meal with great friendly service. We had a table for two along the wine shelves which made it quieter than being in the open area. We were so relaxed and comfortable we were able to sit and take our time since it was the late end of lunch and we weren’t holding anyone up. We enjoyed a cocktail as well as our meal. I always look forward to coming here.More infoBoca BistroPrice: Expensive• Spanish• Saratoga Springs•4.6
- BHBHappyNew York / Tri-State Area •11 reviews5.0Dined 7 days agoExcellent dinner, shrimp on one plate of Aragosta under-done, otherwise it would be 5 stars all across the board.More infoChianti Il RistorantePrice: Expensive• Italian• Saratoga Springs•4.5
- JNJohnNYFvipNew York / Tri-State Area •7 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 21, 2023Everything about our visit was wonderful. Our server, Kayla, was very prompt, attentive, and friendly. Food was terrific, as usual. Will be back soon and request Kayla again.More infoMorrissey'sPrice: Moderate• Contemporary American• Saratoga Springs•4.5
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in Saratoga Springs is Morton's The Steakhouse - Saratoga Springs
- Malta Community Park
- Gideon Putnam Resort & Spa
- Dominick F Pasquarell Recreation Field
- Hassenfuss Field
- Melchoir Park
- National Museum of Racing And Hall of Fame
- The Saratoga Hilton
- Hannaford Plaza Shopping Center
- Wachenheim Field
- Congress Plaza Shopping Center
- Saratoga Racetrack
- Kaydeross Park
- Locust Grove Motel
- Saratoga Downtowner Motel
- West Hill Plaza Shopping Center
- Kingsboro Park
- Shops of Malta Shopping Center
- Bass Manor Bed and Breakfast & Art Museum
- Sir William Johnson State Park
- Saratoga Spa State Park