Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Tuscan culture embraces a cuisine that is inspired by availability and accessibility. At Taverna Banfi, our seasonal menus reflect this attitude. Located at the heart of Cornell University campus, our casual fine dining atmosphere is perfect for entertaining family, friends, and clients visiting Cornell University and the Finger Lakes region.
Come enjoy the finest dining experience in the Finger Lakes! From our food to our service we guarantee you will leave looking forward to your next visit. Enjoy a cocktail next to one of our firepits with a gorgeous view of Cayuga Lake or sit next to the two-story outdoor fireplace. This historic Victorian mansion has spectacular views overlooking Cayuga Lake. We use a variety of local, fresh ingredients in our dishes all carefully designed and curated by Executive Chef Clem Coleman and his talented team. We are pleased to offer a diverse menu and daily specials. Inn at Taughannock Falls is located just seven miles from Ithaca, in the heart of the Finger Lakes. Come visit and enjoy a breath taking walk to the Taughannock Falls right next door.
Please keep in mind we treat our terrace as a first come first serve basis. You may request to sit outside but we may not be able to accommodate your request.
Gola serves modern Italian cuisine that highlights imported Italian ingredients along with proudly supporting local farms and wineries. The menu, created by Chef Sam Epps, is meant to give new experiences driven by passion and tradition. The seasonally inspired menu (updated weekly) is accompanied by a well-curated Italian and Finger Lakes wine list as well as a rotating selection of both inventive and classic cocktails.
We are happy to provide champagne toasts or specialty cakes for your celebration!
The restaurant offers vegetarian and gluten-free options for individuals with dietary restrictions.
Update 5/2/2021: The Bistro is now operating out of the farmhouse, formerly John Thomas Steakhouse, located directly in front of La Tourelle Hotel for dine in, take out, and covered outdoor seating as well as outdoor seating!
- SSeanNew York City •2 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoAll food was top notch and service was excellent. A top 3 Ithaca restaurant.More infoGola Osteria$$$$Price: Expensive• Italian• Ithaca•4.7
- BPBenPUpstate New York •1 review5.0Dined 4 days agoOur server Beau was a delight. The toddler having a meltdown and throwing apple slices everywhere, not so much. Overall great experience and will happily come again.More infoTaverna Banfi$$$$Price: Expensive• Italian• Ithaca•4.7
- MMelissaNew York City •5 reviews5.0Dined on Feb 23, 2024Loved the food, vibe and service! Great cocktails too!More infoRevelry Yards$$$$Price: Moderate• American• Ithaca•3.8
- OOlikUpstate New York •1 review5.0Dined on Feb 17, 2024With offerings ranging from simple but elegant (their personal pizzas were executed to perfection), to more inspired upscale entrées, one would think the cuisine stole the show, but that wasn't the best part. The drink menu with refreshing beers, delicious NA mocktails, and original twists on classic cocktails could tempt anyone to indulge in something special, but my effervescent "Ithaca Gin Fizz" wasn't the best part, either. The ambiance is lovely, but the best part has got to be the service. Every time I go, just for a drink or for a full dinner, every bartender, every server, and every host has been a true delight, elevating my evening to that almost indescribable level where, in retrospect, I just can't help thinking to myself, "now THAT was a good night."More infoThe Strand Cafe$$$$Price: Expensive• American• Ithaca•4.4
- IIsabelUpstate New York •1 review5.0Dined on Feb 3, 2024The the service and overall care were incredible, would recommend.More infoMonks on the Commons$$$$Price: Moderate• Contemporary American• Ithaca•4.2
Frequently asked questions
As of March 3, 2024 there are 11 restaurants in Ithaca. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find Italian, American, Contemporary American and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Ithaca who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Ithaca either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.
- Robert J Kane Sports Complex
- Country Inn & Suites Ithaca
- Courtyard by Marriott Ithaca Airport/University
- Lansing Town Marina
- Museum of The Earth
- Upper Terrace Practice Field
- Ithaca College
- The Statler Hotel at Cornell University
- Lansing Park
- Baker Park
- Hector Land Use Area Us Forest Service
- Mill Dam Park
- Cayuga Lake
- Deans Garden
- Schoellkopf Field
- The Homewood Suites by Hilton Ithaca
- Alan Treman State Marine Park
- Hampton Inn Ithaca
- Thompson Park
- FireLight Camps