Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Reid’s Cafe is located in beautiful Sugar Mountain, NC. We love the intentional, the specific, and the well-cared-for. We work closely with our local farms and purveyors to curate fresh, seasonal menus that feature regionally sourced meats, a rotation of fresh oysters and select seafood. All of our breads, pastas, and pastries are prepared in-house daily. Our Bar offers local beers, seasonal craft cocktails, and a well chosen wine selection. We are currently operating under all Covid-19 restrictions and following all CDC and local guidelines. The health and safety of our guests and our staff is our #1 priority. Outdoor reservations are by phone only. We look forward to seeing you.
We kindly ask that you do not show up early for your reservation, but simply on time. We are a small, boutique steakhouse that focuses on exceptional food and incredible service in the mountains of East Tennessee and typically cannot seat guests earlier than their reserved time.
While we have always discouraged them, our policy towards no shows/same day cancelations MUST be firm. No shows and same day cancellations are the plague of the industry and we ask of you to uphold your end of this commitment as we are thrilled to provide on our end.
- OTOpenTable DinervipNew York / Tri-State Area •8 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoTommy suggested and served a four course meal that was beyond words! Everything was absolutely delicious. We started with the Emu Adobo then had the Antelope Bolognese, followed by the Hanger Bison steak and finished off with the Bread Pudding. One of the best meals I’ve ever had. We will definitely be back and asking for Tommy.More infoThe GamekeeperPrice: Very Expensive• American• Boone•4.9
- OTOpenTable DinervipCharlotte •1 review5.0Dined 3 days agoWonderful array of vegan dishes. Quality was greatMore infoReid's Cafe and CateringPrice: Expensive• American• Banner Elk•4.8
- OTOpenTable DinerAsheville / Western North Carolina •3 reviews5.0Dined 6 days agoExcellent food, great service. Went there after an App State win and it was everything we’d hoped for.More infoCasa Rustica RestaurantPrice: Moderate• Italian• Boone•4.6
- HBHunterBCoastal North Carolina •1 review5.0Dined on Nov 21, 2023Dinner was delicious! The lamb was awesome. The beef stroganoff was so tasty. The mussels were fantastic but the cornbread on top was burnt! Pumpkin dessert was so good.More infoThe BEACON Butcher BarPrice: Expensive• Contemporary Southern• Boone•4.7
- SSSamanthaSvipCoastal Georgia •6 reviews5.0Dined on Oct 23, 2023The weather was beautiful so we sat outside on the patio. Everything was delicious! We always look forward to coming here when visiting the area.More infoPrimo at Sorrento'sPrice: Expensive• Italian• Banner Elk•4.3
Discover Banner Elk
This small town, nestled in the Appalachian Mountains of western North Carolina, offers visitors and residents a number of options for enjoying traditional mountain foods. Farm-to-table spots are readily available serving classic Appalachian foods like corn bread, fresh vegetables, chicken and dumplings, and apple pie. You will also have no trouble finding New Southern cuisine with an emphasis on organic and local ingredients. For barbecue, enjoy hickory-smoked chopped pork in the western North Carolina style. If you are in the mood for an upscale experience, head to one of the town's artsy cafés and choose from a variety of unique dishes, including quail. Local Italian and Mexican restaurants offer some international flavors.
Frequently asked questions
As of December 2, 2023 there are 3 restaurants in Banner Elk. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find American, Steak, Italian and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Banner Elk who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Banner Elk either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.
- Doe Station Historical
- Northridge Villas by VCI Real Estate Services
- The Highlands at Sugar
- Cabin Fever by VCI Real Estate Services
- Skiview Cabin by VCI Real Estate Services
- Holiday Beech Villas by VCI Real Estate Services
- Butler Museum
- Roan Mountain State Park
- United States Weather Station
- Beech Manor by VCI Real Estate Services
- Watauga Scenic Area
- Sink Mountain Recreation Area
- Moses H Cone Memorial Park
- Beech Mountain
- Linville Caverns Inc
- Grandfather Mountain
- Daniel Boone Wildlife Management Area
- Cherokee Wildlife Management Area
- Linville River
- 4 Seasons at Beech Mountain