Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
The dinner choices at City House include starters like frico, sock sausage, and olives. There are handmade pizzas with traditional toppings and more Southern inspired choices like belly ham or kale. The entrees are just as creative and include everything from the fennel sausage to the clams, catfish, and garlic chili broth, to bread gnocchi. A visit to City House allows you to enjoy a wonderful experience in a historic setting.
Please be aware there is a two hour dining limit on all tables to allow everyone the opportunity to enjoy our reopening.
Managing Partner- Freddy Schwenk
General Manager- Jillian Waggoner
Executive Chef- Ron Bushby
Executive Sous Chef- Connor Woodburn
- OTvipNashville •7 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoThe food was sooo good! We split the fig salad, tagliatelle pasta and the apple cheesecake and each dish was perfect! The Christmas decor made the night so festive and the wood-burning fireplace was a cozy addition. The bartender also made a very tasty old fashioned!More infoGeistPrice: Expensive• American• Germantown•4.7
- TJTarpleyJSan Francisco Bay Area •8 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoI think Emmy's serves up the best pizza in town. Love the Detroit Style that you cut with a knife (of course you can use your fingers, too). I often feel that when I order a pizza I get this giant piece of round dough with 2,500 calories. Guilt trip. Emmy's pizza is a little smaller but still plenty to share with another. I feel like I've eaten pizza but not stuffed myself. But maybe that's just me.More infoEmmy Squared Pizza - GermantownPrice: Moderate• Pizzeria• Germantown•4.8
- NnoneAtlanta Metro •6 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoVery prompt service. There was a coupon on the website for complimentary French Onion Soup and they honored it for our table of 4-was supposed to be just for one. It was so good! and we appreciate the service We split 2 entrees between the 4 of us...I know we are not the most favorite type of customer, but they were warm and welcoming and did not show any type of disappointment. We'll be back, if they will have us! PS Any chance of getting valet parking back? even if just for Sat nightsMore infoGermantown CafePrice: Moderate• American• Germantown•4.7
- SGSusanGMinneapolis - St. Paul •3 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 27, 2023We had the most amazing dinner at City House! What some would consider a simple dinner, pizza and a salad, turned out to be outstanding with your amazing chefs! Thank you!More infoCity HousePrice: Expensive• Italian• Germantown•4.8
- DCDedraCNashville •5 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 5, 2023Sonny's is my happy place especially on beautiful days with nice weather. The ginormous porch swing is so soothing. Loved the DJ on Sunday. The vibe was great.More infoSonny's Patio Pub and RefugePrice: Moderate• American• Germantown•4.7
Where to drink in Nashville right now
Nashville’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges to charming wine bars and tried-and-true neighborhood escapes
Nashville’s 9 best outdoor dining setups
Nashville’s best restaurants for outdoor dining come with breathtaking views, scenic streetside tables, and charming patios.
9 restaurants that scream “Nashville”
Whether you’re native to the city, a transplant, or a tourist, make sure to visit the nine places that help make Nashville great.
11 top date night restaurants in Nashville
As the home of country music, Nashville is the place to plan a pitch-perfect date. Whether you’ve been married for a decade or just swiped right, there’s a romantic restaurant for you. Take a sushi rolling class together at a pan Asian place in the Gulch. For a more glamorous evening, opt for dinner at a seasonal American spot in a historic Melrose movie theater. No matter where you land, these spots will make date night sing. Read on for a guide to Music City’s 11 most romantic restaurants to book right now.
Nashville’s 5 Best New Restaurants to Try
Nashville’s sensational food scene now stretches far beyond local specialties such as hot chicken and barbecue. These days, Music City’s restaurants are defined by innovative, one-of-a-kind experiences—frunch, anyone?—and open kitchens galore. Sample decadent Neapolitan fare in Chestnut Hill and Barcelona-style tapas downtown, then cap your night out at a modern-day supper club and entertainment mash-up in The Gulch. These are the five Nashville restaurants to book right now.
Germantown represents one of Nashville's newest up-and-coming areas. With the proliferation of young professionals drawn to affordable renovated housing, Germantown has become a new hot spot for hip bars and hit restaurants for visitors and locals alike. Visitors can enjoy delicious burgers at American-style grills. Germantown also offers a number of seafood restaurants as well as steakhouses. You will also find hip vegetarian places and local cuisine purveying Southern Comfort food and playing live bluegrass music. Nashville is one of the best cities in the United States for live music, which means that there are live concerts to be found at many of these restaurants and bars. Enjoy everything from alternative country to intimate singer-songwriter sessions while eating a meal or having a drink.
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in Germantown is Brooklyn Bowl - Nashville
- Lock One Park
- Millennium Maxwell House
- Rucker Avenue Park
- Rodeway Inn Nashville
- Knights Inn - Nashville Downtown
- Red Roof Inn Nashville - Music City/Downtown
- Pyramid Arena
- Trinity Hills Park
- Clarion Hotel Downtown Nashville - Stadium
- Howard Johnson Downtown/Opryland
- Econo Lodge Nashville
- Quality Inn Nashville
- Americas Best Value Inn Near Downtown Nashville
- Apple Annie's Inn
- Morgan Park