Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Niwa provides an authentic yakiniku experience, featuring premium in–table smoke–free grills.
Prepare premium grade beef, seafood, vegetables and more at your own table while enjoying a wide selection of Japanese sake, beer, and craft cocktails. Eating at Niwa is always an exciting experience, perfect for dinner with family, or a fun night out with friends.
Located in the spirited, soulful + historical Boyd Hotel, circa 1908, in Deep Ellum, TX. Our culinary approach consistently embraces a menu that welcomes the simplest, most honest ingredients available. We are seasonally driven and are continuously strengthening our bonds with surrounding purveyors, cheesemakers, breweries, ranchers, wineries and farmers. We are always eager to share our fondness of quality driven products and we stay true to who we are while preparing food that makes us happy.
Reservations for 5 or more please contact us at (214) 752-7500.
National Anthem will feature a variety of riffs on classic new
American. The space yearns for food that touches vintage but with a modern approach. You can
expect elements of both coasts with a straight-forward Texas sensitivity, hopefully capturing the
vibes of a big-city, downtown dining room.
National Anthem is housed within the Magnolia Oil building located at the intersection of Commerce
Street, Jackson Street, and Cesar Chavez Boulevard. The building was originally built in 1920 by the
Magnolia Petroleum Company, later renamed Mobil Oil.
• The triangular architechture of the building is known as a “flatiron” design.
• The angles of the trianglular shape of Town Hearth and the Magnolia Oil Building are within 2
degrees of one another.
• From the rooftop patio, customers will have clean sight lines of Downtown, Uptown, Deep Ellum,
and the Farmer’s Market.
Komodo Dallas’ menu offers delicious takes on Southeast Asian dishes, all of which have been developed and interpreted with a global approach. The result is a unique dining experience, ranging from regularly rotating specials to house favorites such as Salmon Tacos, Miso Chilean Seabass Skewers, Peking Duck, and Daring Plant Based Kung Pao Chicken. A full sushi bar is also included, while bespoke custom cocktails deliver lively and exclusive beverage options.
La Neta, derived from the Mexican street slang for The Truth, is a modern approach on Mexican fare. The Truth is, everything you experience is unique, #UnapologeticallyUnique in fact. From our design to our food and beverage offerings, we remove you from your reality and immerse you in ours.
- OTOpenTable DinerHawaii •1 review4.0Dined 1 day agoCame to celebrate a birthday. Drinks and apps were amazing and the presentation was awesome. Food was good but half of our party was served 30 minutes after the rest so not sure what happened… overall a good time though.More infoVidorra - DallasPrice: Moderate• Mexican• Deep Ellum•4.1
- OTOpenTable DinervipTahoe / Reno Area •1 review5.0Dined 5 days agoWe sat at the bar and the bartender was amazing. Although our food took longer to arrive and was wrong, they quickly worked to fix and make sure we were satisfied. Would go back again.More infoThe Saint -DallasPrice: Very Expensive• Steakhouse• Downtown•4.5
- OTOpenTable DinerDallas - Fort Worth •1 review5.0Dined on Nov 30, 2023Such a fun experience! Their drinks are so good and the cuts of meat are really good! It’s a cute date night or celebration place! Also, really reasonably priced!More infoNiwa Japanese BBQPrice: Expensive• Japanese• Deep Ellum•4.8
- CTChenellTDallas - Fort Worth •2 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 29, 2023I went for taco Tuesday and the deal $20 unlimited tacos and $25 unlimited margaritas were a hit!! My waitress was great! I enjoyed my overall experienceMore infoLa Neta Cocina Y Lounge - DallasPrice: Moderate• Mexican• Deep Ellum•3.6
- JGJhaniforGvipDallas - Fort Worth •17 reviews5.0Dined on Oct 13, 2023We had a lovely experience. The food was delicious. We enjoyed the Barrata and cherries to start, then the Margherita pizza with the spaghetti and meatballs for the entrée. We have to return to try the desserts, which we didn't save room for on this visit. Savannah was very nice, helpful and professional. We will go back to see her and enjoy more great Italian food!More infoCane Rosso - Deep EllumPrice: Moderate• Pizzeria• Deep Ellum•4.6
Dallas’s 6 most exciting restaurant debuts of 2023
Dallas’s best new restaurants, ideal for your next brunch, lunch, or dinner, are home to some of the city’s hottest tables.
9 Dallas restaurants perfect for special occasions
Dallas is all about its special-occasion restaurants—they’re the city’s crown jewels, scattered throughout Downtown, Uptown, and the unassuming suburbs. Whether you’re celebrating a personal or professional win, an anniversary, or just the joy of making it through the year, Dallas’s neighborhood bistros, steakhouses, and growing number of luxe transplants from other cities can turn any meal into a special occasion. Read on for a guide to nine stellar celebration restaurants to book in the city now.
LatinX-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Dallas
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These LatinX-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Dallas
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
These 10 Dallas restaurants nail outdoor dining
Dallas’s best restaurants for outdoor dining come with breathtaking views, scenic streetside tables, and charming patios.
16 restaurants that define dining in Dallas
The restaurants on this list offer something for fine diners, barbecue lovers, and those who eat out for the good vibes.
Dallas’s 9 Favorite Bars
Maybe it’s Dallas’s long, hot summers, or perhaps it’s because residents love nothing more than to go out for dinner and drinks, but the city and its surrounding areas overflow with enticing watering holes. Dallas’s artisanal distilleries are winning awards and its craft beer scene is one of Texas’s best. The establishments on this list serve everything from local brews to Old World wines to Japanese whiskys. From iconic dives to fancy wine bars, from gastropubs to live music venues, from a sushi and cocktail lounge in the sky to a Mexican speakeasy, there’s something for every drinker.
10 Top Burgers in Dallas to Add to Your Bucket List
It’s no secret that the heart of Dallas is its restaurants. From the strip mall hidden gems of Frisco to the fine-dining spots in the Park Cities to the endless options on Beltline, this food-loving city only continues to expand its repertoire. So it’s no surprise that Dallas is home to some truly delicious burgers, where the city’s most creative chefs have all kinds of takes on the American classic — a jerk burger, a falafel burger, and a rattlesnake burger, to name a few. One upscale eatery slings a cheeseburger basket fit for kids (you’ll love the side of tater tots), but make no mistake — it appeals to the most sophisticated palates. A couple of restaurants have entire burger menus. Whether you like your burgers traditional with a slice of tomato and a little ketchup, or you’re of a “the-fancier-the-better” mindset, you’ll find your soulmate burger on this top ten list.
Discover Deep Ellum
Look no further than Deep Ellum for the coolest, hippest area in Dallas. In between the outdoor artwork and the tattoo parlors, Deep Ellum's restaurants range from funky to elegant. You can find Mexican, American, Chinese, Halal, Afghan, Japanese and even Thai rolled ice cream. There are award-winning restaurants featuring burgers, barbecue, and pizza. Those with a taste for beer will be happy with the eclectic collection of bars and local breweries. In addition to the bars, there are several coffee shops where you can take a break with a drink. Though the area is known for its late-night entertainment, especially live music, there are several quieter brunch options available. Are you in the mood for dessert? Try out locally made ice cream, doughnuts, or pies.
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in Deep Ellum is Niwa Japanese BBQ