Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
The Waters Edge at Giovanni’s is an award-winning steak house and event venue. We began more than 35 years ago as one of Stamford and Darien’s premiere Steakhouses, renowned for our Certified Angus Beef® steaks, select premium seafood and Italian specialties. Our in-house wine room provides a vast selection of premium wines that our professional staff will help you pair with your dinner.
We offer our guests a timeless experience in a genuine, warm atmosphere perfect for special occasions, corporate events, or even a family night out.
With decades of New York City Michelin Star restaurants and staple steakhouse experience The Ridges is proud to bring its impeccable service, ambiance and creative dishes to Stamford. Here at The Ridges we take pride in quality that we bring to the table, from the first ingredient to the last it is all hand picked and selected carefully to give you a meal to remember with all of your loved ones.
We invite you into our vibrant dining room decorated with table cloths and flowers. Our restaurant is for you to come and enjoy a world class meal, whether its a delicious delicate fish or a prime porterhouse for 2 in a sizzling plate while relaxing and laughing with your friends and family.
In the warmer seasons enjoy one of our signature cocktails outside at our Cabana Bar, while overlooking the docks and mouth of the Rippowam River as it flows into the Long Island Sound.
Our dining room and bar is perfect for a date night with your significant other, anniversary, a casual night out with friends, work dinner, the solo corporate traveller in town for business or a quick bite before grabbing a show at the movie theatre next door. Quiet enough to carry on a conversation and with enough atmosphere to keep it fun and engaging there’s something to suit everybody. From couples to large groups we cater to everyone. We want you to feel like family the minute you walk through our doors!
When we opened our doors in 2017 we had the honor of being voted best restaurant Stamford in the annual Gold Coast awards by our locals which was very humbling.
Drawing on fresh ingredients from over 40 local farmers, fishermen and purveyors, the restaurant features the best of what’s in season with an ever-changing menu plus produce grown and harvested right from The Village’s rooftop garden. At the center of its open kitchen lies a hearth oven used to roast meats, fish and vegetables, as well as to bake Neapolitan-style pizzas.
Sophisticated crafted small plates, gourmet brick oven pizza knowledgeable service, vibrant atmosphere. The restaurant itself is sleek and modern with an inviting bar offering extensive wine list and creative cocktails and full menu.
Italian fare. Conveniently located in downtown Stamford, across from
the Avon Theater, guests can enjoy a casual dining experience in the
restaurant's spacious outdoor seating, or choose to delight in the
whimsical decor in our two level location.
Arthur Avenue breads, homemade pastas, and the freshest seafood, meats
and produce delivered daily from our local vendors. Try one of our
signature pasta dishes and you'll see why we were voted "Best Pasta" in Fairfield County.
Whether your relaxing with a glass of wine or Martini at one of our
intimate bars, having a dinner meeting in our private dining or banquet rooms or just enjoying our great food, our professional staff will ensure you have a wonderful experience at Tutti Pazzi of Stamford.
- KOKevinONew York / Tri-State Area •19 reviews5.0Dined 6 days agoIt’s hard to overstate this. We had a reservation for 3:45 PM on Thanksgiving day, and when we arrived, they were running a little behind with the seating. Unlike any place else I’ve ever been, a hostess immediately brought us over two glasses of Prosecco to help ease the wait. About 4 PM when we got seated, the amazing food experience began. All the waiters are dressed in uniform, and our waiter, Jeremiah, was amazing. The whole experience is first class all the way. After the most delicious meal we have had in ages, he brought the check back and presented us witha capital Grille business card with his name on it. He told us that he hoped that we would be back, and when we came back, please ask for him, and he would be sure we were well taken care of. Again a totally first class experience all the way.More infoThe Capital Grille - StamfordPrice: Very Expensive• Steakhouse• Stamford•4.8
- UultimajvipNew York / Tri-State Area •40 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 21, 2023I have never been to an Albanian restaurant and I am glad this was my first experience. It felt very authentic - like when you go into a Chinese restaurant and everyone is Chinese. The decor is well done and clearly meant importing doors and other decor. The food was well prepared and very tasty. The service was friendly and quick yet they were happy to have us linger. I will be back.More infoÇka Ka Qellu - StamfordPrice: Moderate• Mediterranean• Stamford•4.5
- KAKarynANew York / Tri-State Area •8 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 14, 2023Great neighborhood restaurant. Has a vibe like a bar with great bar food selections and cool specialty drinks.More infoFlinders Lane Kitchen and BarPrice: Expensive• Australian• Stamford•4.7
- FfoodlovervipNew York / Tri-State Area •28 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 14, 2023Lovely experience. I didn’t have to shout over my table to be heard, and the food was outstanding as always.More infoDivina - StamfordPrice: Expensive• Italian• Stamford•4.6
- OTOpenTable Diner1 review5.0Dined on Nov 8, 2023Blackstones is the place to be If you're looking for the perfect spot for a dinner date. The whole experience was personalized, everyone knew we were there to celebrate our special occasion. The mouthwatering lamb chops and mac and cheese will exceed your expectations. The real magic happens when you cut into that juicy steak. The steak was so tender you could cut it with a fork! Absolute perfection. Most memorable moment, a written design on my dessert at the end. Service was flawless, we could not have had a better experience. Love this place. We will be back very soon. Thank you.More infoBlackstones Steakhouse StamfordPrice: Expensive• Steakhouse• Stamford•4.4
9 NYC restaurants that go hard on holiday decor
Holiday markets, ski chalets, and more ways to have a rollicking restaurant meal during the holidays in NYC.
Marcus Samuelsson’s most personal restaurant yet gives diners a glimpse into his life
Dishes on the menu, including a new lunch offering, nod to Samuelsson’s Ethiopian heritage and Swedish upbringing.
Where to drink in New York City right now
New York City’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges to tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near New York City
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
Frequently asked questions
As of November 29, 2023 there are 45 restaurants in Stamford. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find American, Steakhouse, Brazilian, Italian, Contemporary Mexican and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Stamford who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Stamford either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.
- Barrett Field
- The Philip Johnson Glass House
- Grand Central Fashion Plaza Shopping Center
- Ridgeway Plaza Shopping Center
- Stamford Town Center Shopping Center
- Town Center Shopping Center
- Luxury Apartments at Stamford Corners
- Stamford National Lione Little League Field
- Stamford CT Station - Metro North Train Station
- Woodway Park
- Whitney Museum of American Art At Champion
- Hubbard Heights Golf Club
- Fort Stamford Park
- Stamford Station
- Glenbrook Shopping Center
- Veterans Park
- Noroton Heights Shopping Center
- Mcguane Field
- Stamford Historical Society Museum
- Courtland Park