Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Il Palio was named after the race held each summer in Siena, Italy. Created with a passion, the restaurant has been exquisitely designed and beautifully finished with materials from all over the world. No stone was left unturned and time was not a factor in finding exactly what was required to make the "vision" a reality. The atmosphere created is one of quiet comfort in surroundings reminiscent of an Italian villa. The friendly and courteous staff, the outstanding food, and the efficient service all contribute to the ambiance felt by those who visit the restaurant. Il Palio's fine Tuscan cuisine is a pleasing combination of the highest-quality ingredients and the caring preparation by chefs who take pride in the dishes they present. Like the race in Siena, Il Palio is creating lasting impressions.
Distinctively situated overlooking the Housatonic River and our award-winning golf course, Monty’s River Grille brings fine dining to new heights. You’ll be sure to enjoy the comfortable, rustic interior with windows that beautifully frame the landscapes, or the picturesque outdoor patio with spectacular seating and panoramic views.
Our menus created by Chef Matt Adkins feature a Contemporary American menu, comprised of the freshest and most flavorful sustainable ingredients. Here you will find culinary innovation and expertise from some of the most experienced chefs and culinary professionals in the area.
Whether you are here for a round of golf or sipping a mimosa at Sunday Brunch, you’ll always be welcomed with impeccable service and gracious hospitality.
- EBEricBvipNew York / Tri-State Area •40 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoA menu with nice variety. Excellent/friendly serviceMore infoChaplinPrice: Expensive• Seafood• Shelton•4.6
- BJBryanJvipNew York / Tri-State Area •13 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoOutstanding restaurant. Had not been before. Was a date for me. Stunningly decorated for holidays. Hostess, waiters, all staff very very fast and polite/good. Food was exceptional as well. I would go many many more times. Everything was a great experience. Only complaint i had is that there was a large table (8) in our upstairs room that were beyond rude in terms of their noise level... they treated the room like it was a private party and they were incredibly and rudely loud. Restaurant probably should have told them to tone it down a bit (they all seemed pretty drunk), but otherwise this restaurant was exceptional in all ways.More infoIl PalioPrice: Expensive• Italian• Shelton•4.9
- LALittleANew York / Tri-State Area •24 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoThe restaurant is nestled in the corner of a small plaza. The interior was very nice. They have a very good menu, wine list, and specials. The food was great, the portions are big, and it's priced right. The only little negative is that we wished the wait staff was more attentive. Never came back to check on us once the meals were delivered. And it wasn't at full capacity when we dined.More infoLa FortunaPrice: Moderate• Italian• Stratford•4.7
- OTNew York / Tri-State Area •1 review5.0Dined 5 days agoBurgers & Brews night is the BEST! Highly recommend!!More infoMonty's River GrillePrice: Expensive• Contemporary American• Shelton•4.6
- ASAlanSvipNew York / Tri-State Area •22 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Always anxious going out to eat on a Holiday. MP put that to rest as soon as we entered. We were 4 for Brunch on New Year's Day, and as usual MP was great. From the young people taking care of us to the food and drink selections, to the fact that we were not rushed, to the absence of jarring music, which allowed us to visit, all was well. We have been here several times since it opened, and will return. It's a destination for a special occasion or just a night out. Thanks to all!More infoMarket Place - SheltonPrice: Moderate• American• Shelton•4.4
4 top Brooklyn restaurants take on girl dinner with this new event series
Creative plates from top restaurants meet sips from a cult, Italian female winemaker for a series of the ultimate girl dinners.
The 13 best new NYC restaurants of 2023
NYC’s most thrilling openings of the year include an Italian American maximalist paradise and a one-of-a-kind Filipino omakase spot from a Top Chef alum.
Where to drink in New York City right now
New York City’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges to tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near New York City
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
- Huntington Village Center Shopping Center
- Plaza On The Green Shopping Center
- Red Root Park
- Hilton Garden Inn Shelton
- Courtyard Shelton
- Mischa Brook Park
- Orange Derby Shopping Center
- Osborne Homestead Museum
- Valley Shopping Center
- Abraham Nichols Park
- Ansonia Landing Shopping Center
- Nike Recreation Fields
- Caldor Shopping Center
- Nelligan Park
- Ansonia Mall Shopping Center
- South Side Plaza Shopping Center
- Woodside Plaza Shopping Center
- Highland Golf Course
- Great River Golf Club
- Nichols Farm Historic District