Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Afghan Kitchen is the manifestation of a young boy’s dream. He roamed the streets of Kabul in his sandals and saw how hard his family worked to sustain themselves. In the times of war, they moved to different neighbouring countries until they finally came to Canada.
Afghan Kitchen presents you the vision of the young boy’s very own restaurant since he was six years old. Every corner of Afghan Kitchen is thoughtfully curated. Every dish uses mum’s recipe.
This is a family-owned and -run business that reflects the best of Afghan roots, traditions, and values. Afghan Kitchen is the taste of home.
The interior has a crisp, clean aesthetic that is enhanced by hardwood floors and the enlarged photos of historic Surrey that adorn the walls. There are five distinct dining areas on the top floor (including a cozy library) and a banquet facility downstairs. The cuisine is French with a splash of West Coast flare. A treat for new and seasoned guests alike are the signature dishes that are prepared and flambeed tableside.
The restaurant is family owned and operated since 1975. Since 1984 the restaurant has entered into a partnership with the family farm in Ryder Lake overlooking Chilliwack from the nearby mountains. The Old Surrey is well known for its free-range lamb and veal allowing customers to enjoy fresh organic ingredients.
The best patio views in the city.
Yes, we are open to the public! Everyone is welcome!
Dominion Bar + Kitchen is an inclusive cocktail lounge, and amicable dining experience without sacrifice. Echoing a culinary trilogy of exceptional service, quality fare and comfortable atmosphere, Dominion Bar + Kitchen sets the scene for you to meet a friend, fall in love, or close a deal. The choice is yours.
Conveniently located across from Guildford Town Centre Mall, we invite you to indulge in our lively and inviting culinary experience equipped with delicious food, hand-crafted cocktails, and curated wine and beer lists. We offer daily features, Happy Hour, and a late-night Happy Hour to satisfy your cravings at any time. During the summer months, step outside, unwind, and enjoy the sun on our delightful patio. Whether you're looking for a memorable dining experience, a place to relax after a long day, or a vibrant spot to gather with friends, we have you covered. Your table is ready. We can't wait to see you!
- BYBrianYVancouver / British Columbia •1 review5.0Dined 1 day agoWe were recommended by our friend and boy, are we glad we came. The food was amazing and our servers were attentive and friendly. It was an enjoyable evening from start to finish. Recommend the tableside Caesar salad and crepes suzette. We would definitely come back again.More infoOld Surrey RestaurantPrice: Expensive• French• Surrey•4.7
- OTOpenTable DinerVancouver / British Columbia •1 review5.0Dined 4 days agoDisappointed in my Gallo gallo choice, it was too much lettuce, I was expecting a bit more protein than just one egg for $22.More infoDuffey's Sports Grill at Northview GCCPrice: Moderate• Canadian• Surrey•4.6
- FFawnVancouver / British Columbia •5 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023Great service along with the food. Our server was on point with his suggestions of the Gruyère dip as that was a dish we all enjoyed and should become a regular option. If I have to point out one thing, it would be the music volume as I found it a tad noisier/louder than I would like, especially when I could not hear others at the table. Overall it was still enjoyed and will go again, soon.More infoThe Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Scott RoadPrice: Expensive• Steakhouse• Surrey•4.6
- JBJohanneBVancouver / British Columbia •2 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023It was a wonderful dinner the server was perfect in timing of salads appetizers to entrees great nightMore infoThe Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Morgan CreekPrice: Expensive• Steakhouse• Surrey•4.4
- MRMelindaRoseVancouver / British Columbia •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023Place is clean, food and drinks were delicious, good vibes. Our server Katelynn was excellent!More infoEarls Kitchen + Bar - GuildfordPrice: Expensive• American• Surrey•4.6
14 romantic restaurants for any kind of date night in Vancouver
Whether it’s on February 14 and you’re toasting love with everyone else or it’s just the two of you marking an anniversary, ocean-flanked Vancouver has you covered for romantic restaurants. A Silk Road-inspired spot with locations in Kits and Mount Pleasant regales couples with live music. In the Stadium District, a swanky hotel restaurant is a group hang hotspot thanks to extravagant, shareable desserts such as crème brûlée doughnuts and hot whiskey cake. In Fairview, a tiny but mighty bar with a solid tapas selection was made for no-pressure first dates. At these top Vancouver restaurants, romance isn’t just about candlelight and wine. Here are 14 romantic restaurants designed for you and your sweetheart to adore.
Celebrate your special occasions at these top 13 Vancouver restaurants
Vancouver’s breathtaking surroundings make it all the more exciting to go out for a celebratory meal. But beyond epic waterfront views, Vancouver’s thriving dining scene holds something for all kinds of celebrations. Whether it’s a top-notch Chinese meal in luxe interiors, eating flaky Moroccan pastries under a lantern-lit ceiling, or sharing a towering seafood platter in a city famous for its fresh catch, Vancouver offers plenty of options for a celebratory meal out. Read on for 13 Vancouver restaurants to book when you’re looking to ring in something special.
4 New Must-Try Restaurants in Vancouver
New restaurants have been opening at a pace faster than Vancouver has seen in recent years, making dining here more exciting than ever. Choose from additional locations of local favorites, an Alberta eatertainment import where you can eat and play at the same time, and an all-new concept serving ancient Peruvian fare in Mount Pleasant. Restaurants are also increasingly offering ways to give back, with one spot benefitting humanitarian relief in Ukraine and another folding gratuity into prices to provide fair salaries and benefits. No matter the cuisine or reason, these are the four must-book new spots around Vancouver.
Vancouver’s 11 Favorite Bars
Almost every restaurant will happily serve up drinks—alcoholic or booze-free—regardless of whether there’s a food order. But there are times when something extra special is necessary when it comes to what’s in the glass and the atmosphere. Raise a glass to these dozen Vancouver spots that all offer something standout in the drinks department, from the city’s most innovative cocktails to more casual haunts for game day.
Where to Dine Outside in Vancouver This Summer
With the end of spring showers, Vancouver’s sunny season is starting and restaurant patios, rooftops, and terraces are poised to welcome you back. The city’s temporary patio program—which kicked off in the summer of 2020 in response to the pandemic—has some changes for summer 2022, so you might not see as many temporary sidewalk and curbside patios as before. Here are some of Vancouver’s best outdoor dining spots, some open year-round. Get ready for afternoon tea, mountain and sea views, and the joys of being outside for cool cocktails, snacks, and meals from brunch to dinner at the city’s top spots for outdoor dining.
21 Restaurants That Define Vancouver Dining
Vancouver’s vibe may be relaxed and casual, but the city takes its food seriously. Sustainable seafood and local ingredients are on almost every Vancouver menu from restaurants focussing on international fare to those that serve the region’s iconic Pacific coastal cuisine. Vancouver’s greatest restaurants include newcomers such as Fable Diner’s third location in Yaletown as well as namesake restaurants from some of Canada’s most famous chefs such as Hidekazu Tojo and Vikram Vij. These must-visit restaurants are in Vancouver’s favourite neighbourhoods and within the city’s best hotels, welcoming both casual diners and those celebrating special occasions. These are the 21 Vancouver restaurants that symbolize the city’s impressive dining scene.
10 Vancouver Burgers To Add to Your Bucket List
You can get a burger pretty much anywhere, though getting a great burger is much more of a challenge. Whether you like your burger classic or creative, everyday or exceptional, Vancouver’s got you covered for burgers. These are ten of the city's best, from wagyu beef with black truffles to classic smashburgers.
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in Surrey is Charcoal and Woodz - Holiday Inn Cloverdale Surrey
The restaurants with the best service in Surrey are Charcoal and Woodz - Holiday Inn Cloverdale Surrey, Dominion Bar + Kitchen and Elisabeth's Chalet
The restaurants with the best ambiance in Surrey are Maharaja's Fine Dining, Charcoal and Woodz - Holiday Inn Cloverdale Surrey and Afghan Kitchen South Surrey
- Centre For Performing Arts
- Newton Wave Pool
- Sandman Suites Surrey - Guildford
- Breakaway Motel
- Guildford Golf Course
- Comfort Inn & Suites Surrey
- Newton Arena
- Fleetwood Arena
- South Surrey 2Bedroom
- Canadian Inn
- Grace Guest House
- Clydesdale Inn
- Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel
- Linda Vista Motel
- Best Western PLUS King George Inn & Suites
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Surrey
- Grouse Creek Motel
- South Surrey White Rock Indoor Pool
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Surrey East - Cloverdale
- Sungod Arena