Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
We'll be sending out the secret code the afternoon of your reservation, we look forward to seeing you!
Every WEEKEND you get the best of both worlds. Starting out with Dueling Pianos, Classic Cocktails, Great Eats. Then the Best DJs upstairs and we keep you singing and dancing all night long! Did we forget to mention how much FUN you are going t
HopCat was founded on the principles of bringing local craft beer a bit closer to the communities we love. We’re known for our award-wining Cosmik fries, which are beer battered, sprinkled with our signature cracked black pepper seasoning, and served with a side of warm cheese sauce. From burgers to tacos, our menu offers a range of delicious options.
We live the craft lifestyle - beer, cocktails and even craft food made from scratch. With a dedication to local breweries, sustainability and community engagement, HopCat offers craft beer and great food in a vibrant atmosphere for an inclusive, unforgettable experience.
- KKenya1 review5.0Dined 3 days agoThe service and food was beyond amazing! It was very busy but still was able to get a table and great service! We had a group of 8, and was all taken care of! Will definitely be returning.More infoMesa Tacos and TequilaPrice: Moderate• Mexican• Royal Oak•4.2
- OTOpenTable DinerDetroit / Eastern Michigan •2 reviews5.0Dined 4 days agoI would love to come here again. The waitress was very attentive and timely. Anything we needed resolved she did. Very friendly greeter and love the vibes.,More infoJohnny's SpeakeasyPrice: Moderate• Speakeasy• Royal Oak•4.8
- MMichelleDetroit / Eastern Michigan •3 reviews5.0Dined 4 days agoGreat service by waitress and hostess and other staff were all nice and helpful, outdoor and indoor ambience is nice and food was tasty, though I wasn't a huge fan of the cheese dip everything was awesome. Great experience for our first time.More infoAlchemiPrice: Very Expensive• Farm-to-table• Royal Oak•4.4
- OTOpenTable DinerPhoenix / Arizona •3 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoExcellent experience! So delicious and service was just WONDERFUL! Penne pasta with grilled chicken was absolutely delicious as my friends order of spaghetti & meatballs was also spot on! Bruschetta as an appetizer was also a winner! I highly recommend this restaurant!More infoD'Amato's Restaurant & Goodnite Gracie Martini BarPrice: Moderate• Italian• Royal Oak•4.7
- PPasifaeDetroit / Eastern Michigan •50 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023New Year’s Day lunch with friends. Ample cups of delicious clam chowder, along with shared shrimp tacos and exceptional French fries. We would assuredly return. The place is small. Reservations recommended. As mentioned to my friends, this is more than just oysters but they can enjoyed here too. With full bar, service is great, and menu has diverse options. Connecting to Ale Mary’s, we liked their colorful holiday decor better and stopped in for a peek. Nice lunch!More infoTom's Oyster Bar Royal OakPrice: Moderate• American• Royal Oak•4.3
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in Detroit
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
Discover Royal Oak
Well-known as the home of the Detroit Zoo, Royal Oak is a busy suburb of Detroit. Many people of German, Irish and Polish descent live in the community, which is reflected by its many pubs, microbreweries, and busy sports bars. Some of the local specialties include hot dogs topped with sauerkraut, bratwurst, and fish and chips. Surprisingly, Royal Oak has also attracted many new immigrants from Southeast Asia, including India. You can find many Indian buffets and small, family-owned restaurants with a variety of spicy dishes such as lentils, curried lamb, and tandoori chicken. The downtown area of Royal Oak has many performance venues and galleries along with rooftop bars, bakeries and coffee shops that attract visitors on the weekends.
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in Royal Oak is Oak City Grill
The restaurants with the best service in Royal Oak are Oak City Grill, Johnny's Speakeasy and D'Amato's Restaurant & Goodnite Gracie Martini Bar
The restaurants with the best ambiance in Royal Oak are Johnny's Speakeasy, Three Cats Restaurant and D'Amato's Restaurant & Goodnite Gracie Martini Bar
- Mark Twain Park
- Green Eight Shopping Center
- Stagecrafters Baldwin Theatre
- Exchange Club Park
- Felker Field
- Rackham Golf Club
- Varrier Playground
- Sherwood Square Shopping Center
- Realtor Park
- Marks Park
- Red Run Golf Club
- Maxwell Park
- Royal Oak Music Theatre
- Dondero Park
- Peterson Playground
- Rackham Golf Course
- Lawson Park
- Arthur Playground
- Whittier Park
- Hardstein Playground