Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Jack Stack Barbecue originated in Kansas City in 1957, by Russ Fiorella in a traditional storefront barbecue, with a modest selection of 5 or 6 items. Jack Fiorella, the eldest son, worked with his father until 1974 when he decided to branch off and start Fiorella's Jack Stack of Martin City.
To stand out in the competitive KC barbecue scene of the mid 1970's, Jack and Delores, began cooking with Gourmet Hickory Wood and created the most extensive barbecue menu in the country. The menu included Certified Angus Beef steaks, tender chicken, award-winning lamb ribs, and mouth-watering sides like Hickory Pit Beans and Cheesy Corn Bake.
Whether it's dinner with the family, date night or a special celebration, we can't wait to serve you up the MCBC experience.
- S2StepCoastal North Carolina •12 reviews5.0Dined 4 days agoI always enjoy my visits to Hereford House in Shawnee. This time, we ordered the pulled pork sandwich and the country fried chicken. Both meals were superb! Drinks were always full, and employees checked on us throughout the meal. I'll be back!More infoHereford House - ShawneePrice: Moderate• Steakhouse• Shawnee•4.4
- OTOpenTable DinerKansas City / Kansas •2 reviews4.0Dined 7 days agoVery classy atmosphere, we had a trainee for service so it might be why we didn’t have attentive servers. The food was good but not sure the price was worth it. Overall, I would go back but maybe for happy hour, seemed like the bar was hopping!More infoGrand Street - LenexaPrice: Moderate• American• Lenexa•4.7
- OTOpenTable DinerKansas City / Kansas •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023Food is out of this world goodMore infoRed Door Woodfired Grill - LenexaPrice: Moderate• American• Lenexa•4.7
- MGMichaelGKansas City / Kansas •6 reviews4.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Pizza was okay, service was outstanding, and the Chiefs won. Overall a great afternoon. Thank you.More infoMartin City Brewing Co. Pizza & TaproomPrice: Moderate• Pizzeria• Lenexa•4.7
When you think of the Kansas City metro, the first thing that comes to mind is barbecue. Lenexa does have its share of KC barbecue that melts off the bone and doesn't even need sauce. You can also enjoy a number of cosmopolitan cuisine in this neighborhood. Enjoy chicken or beef shawarma for lunch, then walk a few blocks for authentic Thai chicken satay when you're ready for dinner. The neighborhood is famous for its food festivals in summer, so plan for larger crowds and excellent outdoor eating. Lenexa is relatively quiet otherwise, and the restaurants tend not to be crowded.
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in Lenexa is Grand Street - Lenexa
- Falcon Ridge Golf Course
- Embassy Suites Kansas City/Olathe
- Mullen Park
- Na Nex Se Park
- Indian Trails Pool
- Wild Bill Hickock Park
- The Golf Club of Kansas
- Kickapoo Park
- 3 2 Baseball of Johnson County
- Harmony Park
- The Theatre In The Park
- Suburban Extended Stay Hotel
- Oak Valley Park
- Sar Ko Par Trac
- Super 8 De Soto Lawrence
- Little Mill Creek South Park
- Country Hill Shopping Center
- Ad Astra Pool
- Ad Astra Park
- Post Oak Park