Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Jack Stack Barbecue originated in Kansas City in 1957, by Russ Fiorella in a traditional storefront barbecue, with a modest selection of 5 or 6 items. Jack Fiorella, the eldest son, worked with his father until 1974 when he decided to branch off and start Fiorella's Jack Stack of Martin City.
To stand out in the competitive KC barbecue scene of the mid 1970's, Jack and Delores, began cooking with Gourmet Hickory Wood and created the most extensive barbecue menu in the country. The menu included Certified Angus Beef steaks, tender chicken, award-winning lamb ribs, and mouth-watering sides like Hickory Pit Beans and Cheesy Corn Bake.
Whether it's dinner with the family, date night or a special celebration, we can't wait to serve you up the MCBC experience.
- MMichaelvipNew Mexico •43 reviews5.0Dined todayTruely fantastic! Best prime rib I have had in years (and I’ve had a few this month). Service was outstanding from host to table, delivery and manager follow up. Our server had a wonderful and larger table next to our 4 top, it never seemed like she was rushed or underwater. She handled it all with grace in what could be a challenging time. The staff was a well oiled machine and produced memorable service and food, thank you to all at the Shawnee Hereford House. First visit and looking forward to next time in town.More infoHereford House - ShawneePrice: Moderate• Steakhouse• Shawnee•4.4
- Wwilson15Kansas City / Kansas •15 reviews4.0Dined 2 days agoThis was our first time here and we really enjoyed the food. The service was a little slow, and our server kept taking our drinks before we were fully done with them, which was a little annoying. Other than that, we really enjoyed it. We will go back.More infoGrand Street - LenexaPrice: Moderate• American• Lenexa•4.7
- RGRoseGoodevipKansas City / Kansas •10 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoGreat service and food. Loved the guitar player walking around the room. Played great music.More infoWandering Vine at The CastlePrice: Expensive• American• Shawnee•4.8
- OTOpenTable DinerKansas City / Kansas •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023Food is out of this world goodMore infoRed Door Woodfired Grill - LenexaPrice: Moderate• American• Lenexa•4.8
- MGMichaelGKansas City / Kansas •6 reviews4.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Pizza was okay, service was outstanding, and the Chiefs won. Overall a great afternoon. Thank you.More infoMartin City Brewing Co. Pizza & TaproomPrice: Moderate• Pizzeria• Lenexa•4.7
When you think of the Kansas City metro, the first thing that comes to mind is barbecue. Lenexa does have its share of KC barbecue that melts off the bone and doesn't even need sauce. You can also enjoy a number of cosmopolitan cuisine in this neighborhood. Enjoy chicken or beef shawarma for lunch, then walk a few blocks for authentic Thai chicken satay when you're ready for dinner. The neighborhood is famous for its food festivals in summer, so plan for larger crowds and excellent outdoor eating. Lenexa is relatively quiet otherwise, and the restaurants tend not to be crowded.
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in Lenexa is Grand Street - Lenexa
- Embassy Suites Kansas City/Olathe
- Wild Bill Hickock Park
- 3 2 Baseball of Johnson County
- Indian Trails Pool
- Na Nex Se Park
- Kickapoo Park
- The Golf Club of Kansas
- Blue Valley Northwest High School And District Stadium Complex
- Falcon Ridge Golf Course
- Harmony Park
- The Theatre In The Park
- Electric Park
- Bois D Arc Park
- Tamarisk Park
- Sar Ko Par Trac
- Country Hill Shopping Center
- Little Mill Creek South Park
- Ad Astra Pool
- Ad Astra Park
- Falcon Valley Golf Course