Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Plate Restaurant offers an elevated, vibrant, stylish dining experience. With modern Italian cuisine in an upscale, setting, Plate sets itself apart with handmade pasta, fresh handmade bread and a 100% scratch kitchen. Created by Restaurateur Christian Joseph in 2014, the first iteration of Plate was destroyed in a fire. Reopening in 2019 at a new location, its bigger and better than ever! With an emphasis on the guest experience and hospitality, any evening you spend at Plate is sure to be special. Christian was mentored by Restaurateur Valter Nassi from Monte San Savino, Italy. Christian's grandfather Constantino Lucido immigrated from Frosinone, Italy to New York in 1948. Christian is passionate about Italian culture, food, and wine. His passion shines through in providing a dining experience unlike any other in the area.
Jack Stack Barbecue originated in Kansas City in 1957, by Russ Fiorella in a traditional storefront barbecue, with a modest selection of 5 or 6 items. Jack Fiorella, the eldest son, worked with his father until 1974 when he decided to branch off and start Fiorella"s Jack Stack of Martin City.
🥇 𝐁𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐬 in America by Thrillist 2017-2020
Stock Hill checks all the boxes — but also thinks outside of them. As part of Kansas City’s chef-driven food scene, Stock Hill embraces𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺. Serving creative interpretations of nostalgic steakhouse staples, our culinary team, led by Chef Jacob Hilbert, uses the 𝙝𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙚𝙨𝙩-𝙘𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙗𝙚𝙧 𝙘𝙪𝙩𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙢𝙚𝙖𝙩 with impeccable flavor, sourced from the Midwest’s finest ranches.
𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐊 𝐈𝐒 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓.
From artisanal sides to handcrafted cocktails, every aspect of our menu is 𝙙𝙚𝙨𝙞𝙜𝙣𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙖𝙣 𝙪𝙣𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙖𝙗𝙡𝙚, uniquely-Stock Hill experience. Whether you're celebrating a special occasion, treating a client to dinner, or simply enjoying a night out with friends, we're here to make it a meal to remember.
- MHMikeHvipKansas City / Kansas •10 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoIt was a wonderful evening, good friends, excellent food and one of the best servers we ever experienced. Jevene our server, was just outstanding, and made the special occasion, complete…More infoOcean Prime - Kansas CityPrice: Very Expensive• Seafood• Kansas City•4.8
- RRatissia91Chicago / Illinois •2 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoOmg this was the best experience I’ve had at a restaurant in a long time!!! When I say everything was a 10/10 I’m not over exaggerating, this past weekend I was celebrating an engagement, birthday and the Beyoncé concert and the staff just made it a beautiful celebration! Our server had such a beautiful spirit, giving us great recommendations to was such a joy to be around, I can’t remember her name I think it was Selena . This was my first time in KC and I will be back, Gram and Dun will be my first stop.More infoGram & DunPrice: Moderate• Contemporary American• Plaza / Brookside•4.6
- KKKellyK1 review5.0Dined 4 days agoBeautiful space with amazing cocktails, along with really nice presentation.More infoPrime Social - Kansas CityPrice: Expensive• Cocktail Bar• E. Kansas City•4.7
- JLJLoveKansas City / Kansas •38 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Capital Grille gave us the special touches to celebrate our anniversary. From the hearts on the table to the anniversary dessert we felt special. The food was amazing as always.More infoThe Capital Grille - Kansas CityPrice: Very Expensive• Steakhouse• Plaza / Brookside•4.8
- KMKarenMvipKansas City / Kansas •67 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Always a guaranteed good meal! Love the gnocchi no matter what the current seasonal options they offer. Definitely ask for bread before the meal it's sooo good!! I generally add on the recommended wine offering for whatever meal I'm ordering as I have never been disappointed with the pairing.More infoCooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Kansas CityPrice: Moderate• American• Kansas City•4.5
Brookside is a quieter area of Kansas City, but don't overlook it if you want to try some incredible meals from all around the world. For example, you'll find many Italian restaurants in the area that serve delicious lasagna Bolognese and other classics. There are also plenty of sushi joints for residents and visitors who just can't get enough of this popular dish. Gyro fans will be in luck too because Greek restaurants are popular places to grab a quick bite. For those who want something a little more traditional, there are great barbecue stops that serve pulled pork dishes. Make sure to stop at one of the many bakeries in the area as Brookside and Kansas City are renowned for having some of the best cinnamon rolls in the nation.
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in Kansas City Plaza is Thai House - Kansas City
- Stanley H Durwood Soccer Stadium And Recreational Field
- Kernoodles Park
- One Hundred Three Square
- Courtyard Kansas City South
- 4 Acre Motel
- Minor Park
- Santa Fe Village Shopping Center
- Swope Park
- Fairyland Park
- Tower Park
- Wornall Village Shopping Center
- Sunnyside Park
- Brookside Tennis Court
- Swope Parkway Shopping Center
- Courtyard Kansas City Country Club Plaza
- Blenheim Park
- Romanelli Shopping Center