Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
The Waters Edge at Giovanni’s is an award-winning steak house and event venue. We began more than 35 years ago as one of Stamford and Darien’s premiere Steakhouses, renowned for our Certified Angus Beef® steaks, select premium seafood and Italian specialties. Our in-house wine room provides a vast selection of premium wines that our professional staff will help you pair with your dinner.
We offer our guests a timeless experience in a genuine, warm atmosphere perfect for special occasions, corporate events, or even a family night out.
Our dining room and bar is perfect for a date night with your significant other, anniversary, a casual night out with friends, work dinner, the solo corporate traveller in town for business or a quick bite before grabbing a show at the movie theatre next door. Quiet enough to carry on a conversation and with enough atmosphere to keep it fun and engaging there’s something to suit everybody. From couples to large groups we cater to everyone. We want you to feel like family the minute you walk through our doors!
When we opened our doors in 2017 we had the honor of being voted best restaurant Stamford in the annual Gold Coast awards by our locals which was very humbling.
With decades of New York City Michelin Star restaurants and staple steakhouse experience The Ridges is proud to bring its impeccable service, ambiance and creative dishes to Stamford. Here at The Ridges we take pride in quality that we bring to the table, from the first ingredient to the last it is all hand picked and selected carefully to give you a meal to remember with all of your loved ones.
We invite you into our vibrant dining room decorated with table cloths and flowers. Our restaurant is for you to come and enjoy a world class meal, whether its a delicious delicate fish or a prime porterhouse for 2 in a sizzling plate while relaxing and laughing with your friends and family.
In the warmer seasons enjoy one of our signature cocktails outside at our Cabana Bar, while overlooking the docks and mouth of the Rippowam River as it flows into the Long Island Sound.
Drawing on fresh ingredients from over 40 local farmers, fishermen and purveyors, the restaurant features the best of what’s in season with an ever-changing menu plus produce grown and harvested right from The Village’s rooftop garden. At the center of its open kitchen lies a hearth oven used to roast meats, fish and vegetables, as well as to bake Neapolitan-style pizzas.
Italian fare. Conveniently located in downtown Stamford, across from
the Avon Theater, guests can enjoy a casual dining experience in the
restaurant's spacious outdoor seating, or choose to delight in the
whimsical decor in our two level location.
Arthur Avenue breads, homemade pastas, and the freshest seafood, meats
and produce delivered daily from our local vendors. Try one of our
signature pasta dishes and you'll see why we were voted "Best Pasta" in Fairfield County.
Whether your relaxing with a glass of wine or Martini at one of our
intimate bars, having a dinner meeting in our private dining or banquet rooms or just enjoying our great food, our professional staff will ensure you have a wonderful experience at Tutti Pazzi of Stamford.
Sophisticated crafted small plates, gourmet brick oven pizza knowledgeable service, vibrant atmosphere. The restaurant itself is sleek and modern with an inviting bar offering extensive wine list and creative cocktails and full menu.
- TTravelervipNew York / Tri-State Area •57 reviews5.0Dined 4 days agoEric was our server and he was very attentive per usual. The food was very good per usual. We always enjoy a nice dinner at the Capital Grille.More infoThe Capital Grille - StamfordPrice: Very Expensive• Steakhouse• Stamford•4.8
- ACAliceCvipSan Francisco Bay Area •12 reviews5.0Dined 4 days agoGreat experience. We came on a Wednesday evening for a business dinner. Our waiter was very attentive but not overbearing. Our drinks were well served. Appetizers were tuna tartare, calamari and charcuterie board. The tartare and calamari were excellent Main entrees included salmon(my dish which was excellent) strip steak (elegantly presented) and chicken (scarpiello style). Everyone enjoyed their entrees and the sides of creamed spinach, Brussel sprouts and lobster Mac and cheese were decadent. None of us could fathom dessert but it looked delicious.More infoBlackstones Steakhouse StamfordPrice: Expensive• Steakhouse• Stamford•4.4
- Ffrancism1 review5.0Dined on Sep 12, 2023Great staff, food was very good. The dessert was excellentMore infoFish Restaurant + BarPrice: Expensive• Seafood• Stamford•4.5
- DSDinaSNew York / Tri-State Area •5 reviews5.0Dined on Sep 8, 2023It’s always a great experience. The food is delicious and the staff friendlyMore infoÇka Ka Qellu - StamfordPrice: Moderate• Mediterranean• Stamford•4.7
- JJoelNew York / Tri-State Area •7 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Great meal…was very busy but service was still great!More infoHudson SocialPrice: Moderate• American• Stamford•4.6
‘Best new chef’ Paola Velez brings a delightful Afro-Latino pop-up dinner to NYC
Poalo Velez is the pandemic pop-up queen, best known for her work behind Bakers Against Racism. She’s now back with her newest pop-up.
The New York Times names its 50 favorite restaurants for 2023
Among the favorites this year are Keralan comfort food spot Thattu in Chicago and the cafe-by-day, restaurant-by-night Comfort Kitchen in Boston.
Where to drink in New York City right now
New York City’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges to tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near New York City
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
Frequently asked questions
As of September 24, 2023 there are 45 restaurants in Stamford. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find American, Steakhouse, Brazilian, Italian, Pizzeria and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Stamford who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Stamford either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.
- Sleepy Hollow Park
- Stamford Amtrak Station
- Luxury Apartments at Stamford Corners
- Waterside Park
- Hilton Stamford Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
- Revonah Manor Historic District
- South End Historic District
- Dyke Park
- Springdale Station
- Latham Park
- Cove Island Park
- Americas Best Value Inn - Stamford
- Glenbrook Shopping Center
- Stamford Museum
- Cummings Park
- Hubbard Heights Golf Club
- Courtyard Stamford Downtown
- Lione Park
- Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa