Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Massive wooden door, old bricks and rustic beams of Harrisonburg’s old City Produce Exchange building, the perfect setting for a memorable dining experience at The LOCAL Chop & Grill House. Our menu features fresh, hand-selected, LOCAL and seasonal foods prepared with a progressive flair.
Farm to Table is the mainstay of our eating philosophy. That’s why we work with community food producers to support organic, sustainable, LOCAL farms, and put the finest, freshest foods on the table for you. We’re serious about making choices that are environmentally sound, from the food we carefully hand-select to the aprons our kitchen and wait staff wear.
Please note the restaurant has it's own entrance and elevator located to the left side of the building.
Located within walking distance of many other downtown Harrisonburg attractions, we are the perfect place to pause for a conversational lunch or a lively dinner with friends.
We are Virginia's Beer Authority with the best local burgers, steaks, wings, and German-inspired fare, and the largest selection of craft beers in the burg!
We're proud to serve only pasture-raised, antibiotic, and hormone-free Virginia beef and strive to procure other local products when possible. With 100 taps, we're sure to have a beer for you!
Capital Ale House also serves brunch every Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Pppp3vipWest Palm Beach •41 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoOur first time. Terrific space, high ceilinged room with stage for musical performances they have during the week. Wonderful paintings and curios everywhere. Delicious food with unique preparations. Very friendly staff except for the grumpy receptionist. Don’t miss the carrot cake, you have never tasted anything like it.More infoClementinePrice: Expensive• American• Harrisonburg•4.6
- OTOpenTable DinerVirginia •1 review5.0Dined 3 days agoExcellent food and service. Friendly staff. Filet mignon was excellent. Duck fries yummy. Good margaritas. Pricey but worth itMore infoLocal Chop & Grill HousePrice: Very Expensive• Steakhouse• Harrisonburg•4.7
- OTOpenTable DinerVirginia •1 review5.0Dined 4 days agoGreat atmosphere, service was great. A little pricey for what it is.More infoRidge RoomPrice: Moderate• Contemporary American• Harrisonburg•4.6
- RHRickHvipNew York / Tri-State Area •6 reviews5.0Dined 6 days agoFood was excellent and well balanced with each other. The cocktails were excellent. The service was attentive and very helpful (attentive is more common than helpful). Charming place Would stay in Harrisonburg again just to eat thereMore infoJoshua Wilton HousePrice: Very Expensive• Contemporary French / American• Harrisonburg•4.8
- EPEPGourmetEl Paso •4 reviews4.0Dined on Nov 23, 2023The Red Lobster was very pleasant. Although on Thanksgiving, the staff was gracious and helpful. We were pleasantly surprised by this experience.More infoRed Lobster - HarrisonburgPrice: Moderate• Seafood• Harrisonburg•4.2
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in Virginia
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
In the heart of the beautiful Shenandoah Valley, Harrisonburg is close to Richmond and Washington, D.C. and the center of some of Virginia’s finest dining. In Harrisonburg, you can enjoy all your favorite classics from incredible soups and sandwiches to any cut of steak cooked just the way you like. You'll also find plenty of chicken, duck, and amazing trout fillets. For those who love the pub scene, there’s brilliant music at the bar and delicious favorites like low country jambalaya, creole chicken carbonara, and pork belly shrimp and grits served with fine ales and local beers. With international dishes and options for vegans, vegetarians, and those who eat gluten-free, Harrisonburg is a fun town with a wide array of culinary offerings for any taste.
Frequently asked questions
- Kiwanis Club Park
- Purcell Park
- Skyline Village Plaza Shopping Center
- Dayton Historic District
- Ramblewood Field
- Skidmore Fork Scenic Area
- Residence Inn by Marriott Harrisonburg
- Comfort Inn Woodstock
- Mountainside Villas at Massanutten by Kees Vacations
- Old Rag Mountain Hike
- Seneca Rocks Discovery Center
- Market Square East Shopping Center
- Motel 6 Harrisonburg
- Holiday Inn Harrisonburg
- Bryce Ski Area
- Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Harrisonburg
- Holiday Inn Express Harrisonburg
- Memorial Stadium
- Harmony Square Shopping Center
- Comfort Inn Harrisonburg