- WLWilliamLVancouver / British Columbia •3 reviews5.0Dined todayWe went for our 49th Anniversary for dinner and were treated to an excellent steak meal, excellent service in a wonderful surroundings. I don't think I need to say more - wonderful.More infoChairman’s Steakhouse$$$$Price: Very Expensive• Steak• Calgary•4.8
- SsstannvipHawaii •11 reviews5.0Dined todayDelicious share plates in a warm cozy environment.More infoTen Foot Henry$$$$Price: Expensive• Contemporary Canadian• Calgary•4.8
- OTOpenTable DinerVancouver / British Columbia •6 reviews5.0Dined todayFood was delicious! I really like their restaurant model which is sharing. The waiter said the entire menu is based off sharing. I ordered the prime rib and it had an “American cut” or “English cut”. The English cut is where it was thinly sliced into 3 pieces whereas the American cut is the one slab of meat. This way it was easier for me to cut and be able to share it with my family. Will definitely be going here again!More infoMAJOR TOM$$$$Price: Expensive• Continental• Downtown•4.7
- SSteffaniCalgary / Southern Alberta •3 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoI think this is my new favourite restaurant! The steak tartare might just be the most flavourful thing I’ve ever eaten, and I’m not a huge pasta person but I’ve been craving the ravioli since we had it and already can’t wait to go back and have both of these dishes again. The ambiance and decor is gorgeous and service super friendly. Honestly I’m going back as soon as I can and I’ll be dreaming about it until then!More infoBarbarella$$$$Price: Moderate• Italian• Calgary•4.6
- JBJohnBCalgary / Southern Alberta •1 review5.0Dined 4 days agoFantastic evening. Receptionist greeted us with a smile and we were seated promptly along with congratulations wishes for our Anniversary dinner. We had our favourite Server, David, who provided great service and good conversation. We were not rushed and David really made our evening special with great food and wine. Thank you and we will definitely return.More infoThe Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Calgary South Pointe$$$$Price: Expensive• Steakhouse• Calgary•4.6
Calgary's Award-winning Restaurants
Discover award winning restaurants in Calgary.
These Are the 14 Best Calgary Restaurants for Celebrating Special Occasions
Even though the COVID-19 pandemic has altered how we celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, and other special occasions, most of us are still inclined to mark milestones with some kind of food. Some people are choosing to gather at home with a lavish take-out spread ordered from a favorite restaurant, while others are getting together with small groups of close friends or family to savor a good restaurant meal. Calgary is full of restaurants ideal for celebrating life’s special occasions, whether you’re looking for a luxurious multi-course tasting menu or beers over a fully loaded pizza. While the pandemic has limited how many revelers can come to the table, most of the city’s celebratory restaurants are open for business and ready to help diners feel like they’re escaping the weight of the world, even for a couple of hours or so. These Calgary restaurants are all worthy of hosting small celebrations.