- OTOpenTable Diner1 review5.0Dined 1 day agoService was excellent, food was excellent. Will be backMore infoPrimal Cut SteakhousePrice: Expensive• Steakhouse• Tinley Park•4.6
- MBMargieB1 review5.0Dined 3 days agoBeautifully decorated, our server, David, was most accommodating and the food was fresh, vibrant and artistically presented! I would highly recommend!More infoLa Voute BistroPrice: Expensive• French American• Homewood•3.9
- PCPhilipC1 review5.0Dined on May 14, 2023Mother’s Day buffet was excellent. Great selection, variety, and everything was the highest quality. Our kids especially loved the giant dessert table, which easily had 50 options.More infoThe OdysseyPrice: Very Expensive• American• Tinley Park•4.5
- ASAlisonSSan Francisco Bay Area •4 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023Went for dinner on New Year's Day. Service was top-notch. Our waiter was attentive, helpful and entertaining. Cocktails were delicious; highly recommend the crawfish fritter appetizer. The batter was perfect, and the sauce was a perfect complement. I had the crawfish risotto. The spice was there but not overpowering. Huge serving -- had plenty for lunch today. Others at the table had the red fish, catfish, and fried chicken and everyone was completely satisified. For dessert, try the key lime pie -- the texture is soft and creamy. I'm not a huge pie fan but I love this!More infoMaple Tree InnPrice: Moderate• Creole / Cajun / Southern• Homewood•4.8
- KKen10Chicago / Illinois •2 reviews4.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023I love Redstar! The menu is great! Prices are reasonable and the energy is always good, whether you are with a group or alone a time will be had!More infoRed Star Kitchen + BarPrice: Moderate• American• Matteson•4.1
The New York Times names its 50 favorite restaurants for 2023
Among the favorites this year are Keralan comfort food spot Thattu in Chicago and the cafe-by-day, restaurant-by-night Comfort Kitchen in Boston.
4 dishes to try at Chicago’s River North Mexican gem Tzuco
Famed chef Carlos Gaytán’s restaurant just turned four and it’s the perfect excuse to go to this Chicago restaurant spotlighting Mexican regional cooking.
LatinX-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These LatinX-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
6 new restaurants making a splash in Chicago right now
Chicago’s best new restaurants, ideal for your next brunch, lunch, or dinner, are home to some of the city’s hottest tables.
Black-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find Black-owned and -operated restaurants to support on Juneteenth, and everyday. Explore the spots in your area.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
Chicago’s 8 favorite bars
Chicago’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges and charming wine bars to tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
Celebrate your special occasions at these 12 top Chicago restaurants
The Windy City has endless options when it comes to transforming a regular Saturday night into an unforgettable evening. Though many celebrations in this Midwestern sports town are centered around home team victories, championships aren’t the only reasons to party. Ring in a birthday at a cevicheria on a bustling West Loop rooftop. Toast a relationship milestone at a MICHELIN-starred, Korean American gem in Avondale. These are the 12 best restaurants in Chicago for celebrating special occasions right now.
15 restaurants that define Chicago
Meet the best restaurants that define Chicago's dining scene, capturing its past and present while also imagining its future.
Women-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Woman-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their identity — explore spots to support near you.
The 11 Best Restaurants in Chicago for a Romantic Date Night
Whether it’s for that special February holiday or just because, the Windy City abounds with romantic restaurants. A sexy seafood spot in River North serves exquisite oysters and liquid nitrogen cocktails. In the West Loop, a Croatian Italian restaurant steered by a Top Chef winner has plenty of cozy corners for cuddling. A flamenco guitarist serenades diners at a 50-year-old fondue favorite in Lakeview. Chicago has plenty of options for your next date, whether you’re looking for a casual evening of quiet conversation or a show-stopping display of culinary wooing. Go ahead and put down that heart-shaped chocolate box and book a table at one of these 11 romantic restaurants instead.
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in Chicago
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
9 Bucket-List Burgers in Chicago
Deep-dish pizza and loaded hot dogs might be what the Windy City is known for, but Chicago knows how to make a damn good burger. The city is jam-packed with restaurants presenting their takes on the ground meat sandwich. Think Venteux’s chuck patty topped with raclette and crispy shallots, Adorn’s dry-aged prime beef burger, or Blue Door Farm Stand’s vegan quinoa burger with mango chutney. Here are the best burgers you do not want to miss in Chicago.
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in Matteson is Red Star Kitchen + Bar
- Indiana Park
- Hecht Park
- Marquette Park
- Flossmoor Commons Shopping Center
- Balmoral Park Race Track
- Balmoral Woods Country Club
- Lincoln Mall Shopping Center
- Arcadia Park
- Thornwood Mall Shopping Center
- Thorn Creek Forest Preserve
- Memorial Park
- The Center Shopping Center
- Algonquin Park
- Bicentennial Park
- Klawitter Park
- Crete Park
- Matteson Plaza Shopping Center
- Central Court Plaza Shopping Center
- Pierce Park
- Keokuk Park