Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
The best seafood as well as great steaks, burgers and more. We offer the freshest raw and chilled seafood. Additionally, you will find options for those looking for chicken, vegan, or gluten free fare. A family friendly restaurant, Saltwater offers a children's menu for those under 12. Join us in one of our four dining rooms or out on Litchfield's largest porch and patio.
The restaurant is open for lunch and dinner and features “American Tavern Food” with Craft Beers and Cocktails made with local spirits. We look forward to seeing you!
- PSPamSNew York / Tri-State Area •2 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoWe enjoyed our entire experience at Arethusa al Tavolo and will continue to recommend it to our friends and family. It may be the best restaurant in Connecticut. Worth the hour drive, even on a cold winter night.More infoArethusa al TavoloPrice: Expensive• Contemporary American• Bantam•4.8
- KAKathleenANew York / Tri-State Area •4 reviews5.0Dined 6 days agoAnother fabulous dinner at Saltwater Grille! My husband and I had a very enjoyable evening and a wonderful dinner. Our waitress was very pleasant and accommodating, as always. The food was delicious, ambience pleasant. The tavern room is very cozy on a chilly fall evening. Couldn't ask for more!!More infoThe Litchfield Saltwater GrillePrice: Expensive• Seafood• Litchfield•4.5
- OTOpenTable DinerNew York / Tri-State Area •5 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 23, 2023The two of us went for Thanksgiving evening, and the restaurant had very few people in it, which enhanced the ambience and made the service seem more personalized, and the place was delightfully quiet.More infoMockingbird Kitchen and BarPrice: Moderate• American• Litchfield•4.6
- BSBeatrizSNew York / Tri-State Area •2 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 11, 2023Great food and location is easy to find. I will definitely recommend to my friends and family. Loved it.More infoda Capo - LitchfieldPrice: Moderate• Italian• Litchfield•4.4
- HWHollyWvipNew York / Tri-State Area •8 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 10, 2023Highly recommend MP Tavern. Great ambiance, above average pub style food, excellent service.More infoMarket Place Tavern - LitchfieldPrice: Moderate• American• Litchfield•4.2
The 13 best new NYC restaurants of 2023
NYC’s most thrilling openings of the year include an Italian American maximalist paradise and a one-of-a-kind Filipino omakase spot from a Top Chef alum.
4 freewheeling, fun restaurant trends that emerged in 2023
Maximalism, a bigger focus on the bar, transportive meals, and other restaurant trends to know from the year gone by.
Where to drink in New York City right now
New York City’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges to tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near New York City
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
Frequently asked questions
As of December 1, 2023 there are 8 restaurants in Litchfield. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find American, Italian, Seafood and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Litchfield who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Litchfield either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.
- Oxbow Park
- Above All State Park
- Joe Ruwet Playground
- The Yankee Pedlar Inn
- Birge Park Shopping Center
- Patterson Park
- Kasznay Shopping Center
- Pleasant View Park
- Mohawk State Park
- Elise Besse Park
- Alvord Park
- Tapping Reeve House And Law School
- John Toro Sports Complex
- Goshen Historic District
- Days Inn - Torrington
- Action Wildlife Foundation
- John A Minetto State Park
- Litchfield Hills
- Milton Center Historic District
- Burr Pond State Park