Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
A late night playground of mystery, elegance and ostentatious luxury. Only those who know will experience the pleasure of Casablanca Cocktail Club. Hidden beneath an understated façade, signalled by two red lights, lives an otherworldly den of unapologetic extravagance. Party every Friday and Saturday and on Sunday enjoy our decadent Drag night.
Open Friday (6pm), Saturday (5pm) & Sunday from 7pm
DJ's, Singers and Musicians from opening until late.
The best free range buttermilk fried chicken you've ever tasted! New to Edinburgh, Buck's is a rock’n’roll bar specialising in authentic buttermilk fried chicken, seriously addictive Nashville hot chicken, cocktails, beers and Bourbon.
Live music every Saturday night!
40% Off Selected Cocktails Monday - Wednesday weekly offers
The restaurant is themed around the culinary specialities of the southern regions of France offering hearty dishes such as Roquefort Cheese Soufflé, Fish Soup, Traditional Cassoulet and using the best of local produces as well as French ones. The wine list is extensive and is suitably representative of Languedoc, the largest of France's wine producing regions and has been awarded AA Notable Wine List for years.
Be ready to be transported to France as you come in, friendly and relaxed atmosphere mixed with chic yet casual surroundings.
Mixing an atmospheric Old Town setting with chic, contemporary looks, the restaurant reflects many of the city’s most defining features. With a humble facade nestled in the beautiful 17th century building, rich tones of bronze and marble cascade throughout the two tiers of Angels with Bagpipes.
Angels with Bagpipe’s kitchen has gained a glowing reputation in a city abundant with restaurants of the highest standards. Sourcing the best produce and ingredients, allowing the quality to shine through their elegant dishes. By blending innovative and traditional techniques, their menu is fresh and exciting throughout all seasons
Where cocktails embolden a palate-pleasing culinary menu. Where guests and locals meet and share stories. Unbound inspiration from every corner of Scotland, placed on every plate.
Commons Club Bar welcomes guests to join as walk-ins, no reservations.
Whiski Rooms has a reputation as being one of the best restaurants in Edinburgh, one of the best Whisky Bars in the world, the first Ardbeg Embassy in the UK, a whisky and gift shop, and a tasting room for daily whisky tastings.
Whiski Rooms is located off the Royal Mile in the city centre looking over Princess Street where you will experience traditional Scottish food.
The Tolbooth Tavern is a cosy traditional Scottish pub full of character and charm. The small exterior gives way to a spacious bar and mezzanine dining area. It boasts a fantastic spot along the Royal Mile.
Serving hearty home-cooked Scottish fayre using locally sourced produce, we are sure to keep you full before a full day on the tourist trail or join us for an evening exploring our fine whisky collection.
Our house favourites include Cullen skink, Tolbooth burgers, freshly landed Scottish fish n chips and our Tolbooth steak and sausage pie.
If you want to embrace dark history and immerse yourself in a spooky atmosphere, The Tolbooth Tavern is a must visit whilst in Edinburgh.
Join us for live entertainment Wednesday through Sunday until late.
Anybody who’s anybody will be there ;)
For large parties please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- OTOpenTable DinerLondon •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023We were sat on table overlooking another table which was weird. Everything else spot on!!More infoBread Street Kitchen & Bar — EdinburghPrice: Expensive• Contemporary British• New Town•4.1
- AEAntonEgoLondon •9 reviews4.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023The usual quality but surprised some of the signature Menu items were not available so early in the evening. When I go to a restaurant I expect all menu items to be available.More infoHawksmoor EdinburghPrice: Expensive• Steakhouse• Edinburgh•4.5
- SStephoDurham/County Durham •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Spot on staff were brilliant food was great and the atmosphere was greatMore infoHard Rock Cafe - EdinburghPrice: Moderate• American• New Town•4.5
- JBJennyBEdinburgh/Midlothian •2 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Full vegetarian menu and vegan options as well. Food was superb. I have recommended to my sister when she visits and hope to be back myself.More infoThe Ivy on the SquarePrice: Expensive• Contemporary British• Old Town•4.3
- DWDuncanWvipEdinburgh/Midlothian •29 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023One of our most enjoyable visits to Gaucho and a great way to bring in the New Year. Thank you to Craig and the manageress for the wonderful and attentive service. Look forward to our next visit again soon.More infoGaucho EdinburghPrice: Very Expensive• Steak• Edinburgh•4.5
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in Old Town is Downstairs at Donatellas - Karaoke Live Lounge
- National War Museum Edinburgh
- Royal Museum of Scotland
- Royal Mile
- National Museum of Scotland
- Usher Hall Edinburgh
- Royal Lyceum Theatre Edinburgh
- Museum of Edinburgh
- King's Theatre Edinburgh
- Scott Monument
- University of Edinburgh
- Writers Museum and Makars Court Edinburgh
- Holyrood Palace
- Edinburgh College of Art
- Museum of Childhood Edinburgh