Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
We hope to see you soon! We're open for Lunch and Dinner during the week and Brunch and Dinner on weekends.
Find us on Instagram & Facebook: @cafeeltapatiogv
Johnny’s is well known for their wood-roasted chicken, rotisserie-roasted pork, baby back ribs and real mashed potatoes. The menu also features steak and chops, fresh fish, pastas, salads and sandwiches. Specials are offered daily and include such favorites as charbroiled fresh fish, Chicken al Forno and Shrimp Fontinella. Johnny’s spacious bar offers a full wine list, a wide selection of beers on tap and an extensive martini list. Don’t forget to save room for dessert-the fresh baked Apple Pie with French vanilla ice cream and caramel is a favorite!
Today we're famous for our big juicy Hackneyburgers on Hackney's Dark Rye® and our one-of-a-kind Hackney';s Original French Fried Onions®. Prohibition may be over, but our beer selling days are not. Hackney's has an ever-changing list of tap beers along with a full-service bar that can whip up any cocktail you can think of.
Whether it’s your old college friends who you choose to hang with, or work colleagues that you are forced to, Chuck Lager America’s Tavern makes it better.
It’s time to build that next great story.
- OTOpenTable DinerChicago / Illinois •1 review5.0Dined 2 days agoDelicious food, prepared with care. Beautiful ambiance and warm, friendly service.More infoJibek Jolu GlenviewPrice: Expensive• Asian• Glenview•4.7
- HD2HappyDinersvipChicago / Illinois •31 reviews5.0Dined 6 days agoThis is the second time my husband and I have dined at Chuck Lager’s. A casual place with nice ambience. The menu offers creative salads and entrees, definitely not standard pub fare. Being pescatarian it’s sometimes difficult to work my way around a menu. The server readily changed out the chicken that came with the salad, for salmon. My husband enjoyed his burger and sweet potato fries. Great service and food at this second visit. In addition to our food, Chuck Lager’s features an array of coctails, beers and wine. There is a cozy bar area at the front of the restaurant with sports playing on multiple screens but preserves the feel of a comfortable bar setting. For the warmer months there’s an outdoor patio. The restaurant is spacious and one can only hope Chuck Lager’s fill tables to keep their doors open. Please consider putting Chuck Lager’s on your to-visit list. We’ll be back for sure.More infoChuck Lager American Tavern- GlenviewPrice: Moderate• American• Glenview•3.6
- AKAliKvipLos Angeles •6 reviews4.0Dined on Oct 30, 2023Nice place and good setting for family and good food selectionMore infoWagyu Restaurant, Inc.Price: Expensive• Japanese• Glenview•3.8
- LJLynnJvipChicago / Illinois •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023Myron Johnson was so great and made sure our family started the new year off wonderfully!More infoWildfire - GlenviewPrice: Moderate• American• Glenview•4.7
- JGJuanGChicago / Illinois •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023This was one of the best experiences I have had in a while. Everyone was very helpful, and they went above and beyond to make sure we had a wonderful time.More infoCooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Morton GrovePrice: Moderate• American• Morton Grove•4.6
Chicago’s 9 hottest restaurant openings of 2023
Chicago’s most thrilling restaurant debuts of the year include a nationally acclaimed South Indian spot and a Ukrainian spot from a James Beard Award-winning duo.
4 freewheeling, fun restaurant trends that emerged in 2023
Maximalism, a bigger focus on the bar, transportive meals, and other restaurant trends to know from the year gone by.
10 special occasion-worthy restaurants in Chicago
Chicagoans know that special-occasion meals come in all shapes and sizes. And even though many celebrations in this Midwestern sports town are centered around home team victories, championships aren’t the only reasons to party here. These Windy City restaurants transform a regular Saturday (or Monday or Tuesday) night into an unforgettable evening. Read on for a guide to the 10 best places in Chicago for celebrating special occasions right now.
LatinX-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These LatinX-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
6 new restaurants making a splash in Chicago right now
Chicago’s best new restaurants, ideal for your next brunch, lunch, or dinner, are home to some of the city’s hottest tables.
Black-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find Black-owned and -operated restaurants to support on Juneteenth, and everyday. Explore the spots in your area.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
Chicago’s 8 favorite bars
Chicago’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges and charming wine bars to tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
15 restaurants that define Chicago
Meet the best restaurants that define Chicago's dining scene, capturing its past and present while also imagining its future.
Women-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Woman-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their identity — explore spots to support near you.
The 11 Best Restaurants in Chicago for a Romantic Date Night
Whether it’s for that special February holiday or just because, the Windy City abounds with romantic restaurants. A sexy seafood spot in River North serves exquisite oysters and liquid nitrogen cocktails. In the West Loop, a Croatian Italian restaurant steered by a Top Chef winner has plenty of cozy corners for cuddling. A flamenco guitarist serenades diners at a 50-year-old fondue favorite in Lakeview. Chicago has plenty of options for your next date, whether you’re looking for a casual evening of quiet conversation or a show-stopping display of culinary wooing. Go ahead and put down that heart-shaped chocolate box and book a table at one of these 11 romantic restaurants instead.
9 Bucket-List Burgers in Chicago
Deep-dish pizza and loaded hot dogs might be what the Windy City is known for, but Chicago knows how to make a damn good burger. The city is jam-packed with restaurants presenting their takes on the ground meat sandwich. Think Venteux’s chuck patty topped with raclette and crispy shallots, Adorn’s dry-aged prime beef burger, or Blue Door Farm Stand’s vegan quinoa burger with mango chutney. Here are the best burgers you do not want to miss in Chicago.
What better place to try deep-dish pizza or an Italian beef sandwich than in the North Suburbs of Glenview? The mother of all Chicago exports, deep-dish pizza is probably what the area is best known for, and no two restaurants serve it the same way. The Italian beef sandwich is another regional specialty - it was developed in the area during the 1930s to serve guests at Italian weddings. You'll get thin slices of roast beef on a long Italian roll, laden with sauce, spices, and history. When you’re ready to move beyond the classics, treat yourself to Glenview’s lively Armenian scene with tender lamb kabob and honeyed paklava. Delicious barbecue, Greek cuisine, Korean tofu and so much more makes Glenview a food haven whether your taste buds lean more traditional or more exploratory.
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in Glenview is Wildfire - Glenview
- Golf Mill Park
- Station Golf Links of Glenview
- Willow Park South
- Central Park 60
- Kennicotts Grove Nature Preserve
- Ladendorf Park
- Willow Park
- Golf Milwaukee Plaza Shopping Center
- Elm Park
- Riverside Park
- Wilmette Golf Course
- Glenbrook Plaza Shopping Center
- Golf Glen Shopping Center
- Manor Park
- Jackman Park
- Sheraton Chicago Northbrook
- Ballard Park
- Millbrook Shopping Center
- Courtyard Chicago Glenview/Northbrook
- Dee Park