Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
- LMLaceyMIowa •4 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoWe ate here around 7pm and it was a great vibe inside of the restaurant. Not very nosy and the staff were so nice. Our waiter Skip was phenomenal. He was immensely informative about dishes, drinks, and the overall of 801 itself. He answered any questions we had and was so friendly. He got everything we needed when we needed it and the food was perfect and delicious. I will definitely go back and ask for Skip. 10/10 we loved our experience. Thank you Skip!!More info801 Chophouse – Des MoinesPrice: Very Expensive• Steakhouse• Downtown Des Moines•4.8
- OTOpenTable DinerIowa •2 reviews5.0Dined 6 days agoIt was great first visit! Reserved via OpenTable and told them it was date…so they brought us champagne on the house. They make a great dirty martini too! Foodies will like the food options…House made Ricotta cheese is a must! Hostess was full of personality as was the waitress. A waitress working other tables made eye contact and smiled. We commented about how it is rare for that type of interactive service! The style of the interior was great. I will go back just for the bar area.More infoMulberry Street TavernPrice: Expensive• American• Des Moines•4.6
- OTOpenTable DinerIowa •1 review5.0Dined on Nov 23, 2023We had an absolutely wonderful time enjoying the delicious Thanksgiving meal! Such friendly service as well. We will definitely be back again!More infoProudfoot & BirdPrice: Very Expensive• Global, International• Des Moines•4.7
- BWBrandonWIowa •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023The breakfast and service was outstanding! This place never disappoints.More infoFreskoPrice: Moderate• Farm-to-table• Des Moines•4.7
- OTOpenTable DinervipChicago / Illinois •2 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023New Year’s Day hangover breakfast for 15 of us! Had a great time excellent great service and very accommodating staff. Drinks were good, breakfast food was great! Would go again.More infoTupelo Honey - Des MoinesPrice: Moderate• Contemporary Southern• Des Moines•4.3
Discover Downtown Des Moines
Des Moines, nestled deep in the heartland of Iowa, is a surprisingly great place to find new American cuisine. Native-born Iowans and recent immigrants have combined their cultures to create fusion flavors like Polynesian pizza and Asian tacos from the highest quality ingredients. Downtown Des Moines has steakhouses that have high-quality Midwestern beef sitting right next to some of the heartland's best produce. Whether you prefer modern takes on pizza, seafood or pub food, head down East Court Avenue or Locust Street to try some incredible restaurants. Along the river, you can find bars and brewpubs for spending a casual night out.