Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Offering quality and freshness with no shortcuts, our team prepares each dish from scratch.
We serve local produce and fresh Florida seafood every day. We also feature a full bar, an award winning wine list and homemade cakes and cheesecakes.
Mildred's is proud to say we serve Gainesville's best food! We are also in the Golden Spoon Hall of Fame for our dedication to great food and service year after year.
Reservations for lunch are not necessary.
-Mark's Prime Steakhouse Management Team
Right across street from Regal Cinemas in Celebration Pointe!
Indoor and outdoor patio (covered) seating available.
Give us any detail you are comfortable with for your special occasion! (Names, # of yrs for anniversary, Birthday, etc.) We love to make your day personal and memorable.
Our focus is on bringing things together—often unexpected things—to make something creative and authentic. We believe a sense of wonder is an integral part of every memorable dining experience in our space.
Enjoy a local, hand-selected 25-ounce Porterhouse ribeye perfectly dry-aged on-site. Taste an array of oysters from our own gulf waters up to the shores of New England and Canada. Choose a unique steak knife that reflects your personality. Quench your thirst for originality with a personalized Prime & Pearl Bourbon or Whiskey. Whatever you do, don’t eat ordinary.
Open seven days a week for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Brunch is available Sunday from 11am-2pm.
Live Jazz Sundays and Wednesdays
Valet parking is FREE for all guests
Established in 1989, Shula's Steak House started with one goal in mind - to carry on the legacy of Coach Don Shula, one of the greatest coaches in NFL history. 30 years later, we've taken that goal and run with it. We're proud to offer the highest quality steaks, fresh-caught seafood, and tantalizing sides.
Inspired by Coach
Winners are a different breed. Winners work hard, winners value the small details, and winners never cut corners.
When Coach Don Shula opened the first Shula's Steak House in 1989, he took his winning formula to a whole new level. He wanted to provide the highest quality steaks in a warm, inviting setting. There's an ethos to excellence - it doesn't matter if you're coaching an undefeated football team, or grilling up a porterhouse - we make sure we live by it.
- EBElizabethBOrlando / Central Florida East •4 reviews5.0Dined 4 days agoI love this restaurant and I go there whenever I have a special occasion or out of town guests. The soup is especially delicious and so are the salad selections. Lots of entrees to choose from and wines to compliment them. Nothing like it in Gainesville.More infoMildreds Big City FoodPrice: Moderate• Contemporary American• Gainesville•4.8
- OTOpenTable DinerNew York / Tri-State Area •5 reviews5.0Dined 6 days agoThe dinner is was delicious as always the chef comes out to your table. Make sure everything is perfect. I never have a bad experience at prime and pearl!More infoPrime & PearlPrice: Expensive• Steakhouse• Gainesville•4.7
- OTOpenTable DinerOrlando / Central Florida East •1 review5.0Dined 6 days agoHidden gem restaurant, fine Italian dining with friendly hospitality. We always enjoy the quality of food and the attentive staff when visiting. Definitely a top ten in Gainesville. Go Gators!More infoAmelia's Italian CuisinePrice: Expensive• Italian• Gainesville•4
- MGMickeyGJacksonville / Northeast Florida •12 reviews5.0Dined 7 days agoExcellent service. Waiter and chef were very responsive to food allergy issues. Superb meal. Overall wonderful dining experience!More infoMark's Prime Steakhouse and Seafood - GainesvillePrice: Expensive• Steakhouse• Gainesville•4.7
- OTOpenTable DinerOrlando / Central Florida East •2 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 10, 2023Our server Athena was knowledgeable and efficient. She had a warm personality and knew exactly when to show up. Our food was outstanding. Scallops and steak for the win!!More infoShula's Steak House - GainesvillePrice: Very Expensive• Steak• Gainesville•4.3
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in Orlando
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
The college town of Gainesville has a great variety of restaurants, ranging from casual American eateries to high-end establishments featuring gourmet offerings. The town's wide assortment of restaurants spans from Japanese places serving sushi and udon noodle soups to steakhouses offering up NY strip steaks and loaded baked potatoes. Gainesville also has a number of casual bars and grills serving up sandwiches and hamburgers. For those looking to make a change from low-key American eateries, the town also has Italian restaurants known for bruschetta, brick oven pizza, and specialty pastas like bucatini Amatriciana. As the home to the University of Florida, Gainesville has an abundance of bars and gastropubs featuring everything from buffalo wings and nachos during football season to farm-to-table salads, pastas, and steak sandwiches.
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in Gainesville is Gator's Dockside - Gainesville
- Hunters Crossing Shopping Center
- Keystone Beach
- South High Springs Railroad Station
- Hilton University of Florida Conference Center Gainesville
- Catherine Taylor Park
- Magnolia Lake State Park Historical
- Hawthorne Square Shopping Center
- Shands At University of Florida
- Paynes Prairie Preserve State Park
- Maddox Field
- Westgate Shopping Center
- Lower Suwannee National Wildlife Refuge
- Comfort Inn University Gainesville
- Hydro Railroad Station
- Gainesville Railroad Station
- Archer Square Center
- Palmer Railroad Station
- Town Center Shopping Center
- Ben Hill Griffin Stadium
- The Market Place Shopping Center