Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Because we rely on the bounty of the Santa Cruz farming community, our menu changes frequently and features a wide array of specials. La Posta’s all-Italian wine list includes autochthonous varieties from small producers, by-the-glass and by the bottle.
La Posta adheres to the Monterey Bay Seafood Watch Program and is a certified City of Santa Cruz Green Business.
We are so thankful for the incredible support from our customers and community.
We will continue to adjust our service based upon best practices for keeping our staff and community safe.
We do have first come tables available in the lounge as well as bar seats.
Come by and see if there is a table or seat for you.
Owners Brett and Elan Emerson are husband and wife team who previously owned Contigo, San Francisco. They are known for hospitality, authentic service and delicious, memorable dishes.
*Winner Best New Restaurant, Best Small Plates, Best Tapas Bar, Best Spanish Restaurant North America*
Chef Brett Emerson has been featured in Wall Street Journal, Bon Appetite, Time Out, Financial Times, Via, Plate Magazine and more.
Alderwood Santa Cruz is a seasonally-driven restaurant (Michelin Guide recommended) by Executive Chef Jeffrey Wall serving coastal, wood-fired cuisine with French undertones. We are inspired by the Central Coast region and its world-renowned farms. Our goal is to bring you a dining experience that blends sophistication and comfort with our unyielding passion for graceful hospitality, and a menu that reflects California’s abundant produce and the best regional purveyors.
Please enjoy the beautiful wood-fired hearth ambiance, our passion to quality, service standards, and an undying strive to create the best experience imaginable. Thank you from the entire team for being our beloved guests. Chef Jeffrey Wall and Chris Jones.
Laili Restaurant "BEST MIDDLE EASTERN RESTAURANT", Good Times 2023, Voted #1
Rich Mediterranean Flavors with a Unique Afghan Twist in the Heart of Downtown Santa Cruz.
Currently taking reservations for lunch and dinner, walk-ins welcome too.
Dine in our elegant, secluded, off street patio. Visit our website for event information.
The atmosphere at the bar is lively, while booths offer diners a more intimate experience making Süda the perfect place for a casual meal with friends or a night out with someone special. We are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner so you can enjoy fresh food whenever your heart desires.
- CYCraigYvipSan Francisco Bay Area •20 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoVery special neighborhood restaurant. Crispy cauliflower to start, excellent, followed by local beet salad. Portions generous. Culminated with the filling truffle raviolis. Topped it with the light pecan pie with pomegranate in the whipped cream topping. Set for the evening!More infoGabriella CafePrice: Very Expensive• Italian• Santa Cruz•4.6
- OTOpenTable DinerLas Vegas •1 review5.0Dined 6 days agoThe hot chocolate was amazing and all the food tasted great. The service was beyond excellent.More infoChocolate the RestaurantPrice: Moderate• Californian• Santa Cruz•4.6
- FDFourDinersvipCalifornia Central Coast •65 reviews5.0Dined 6 days agoOne of the nicer restaurants in the downtown Santa Cruz area. Our party of four diners were very impressed with the selection, quality, and reasonableness of price. Desserts were awesome. We sat out on the patio under heat lamps which worked well.More infoLailiPrice: Moderate• Mediterranean• Santa Cruz•4.7
- WwatermossvipCalifornia Central Coast •30 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 20, 2023It’s pricey but worth every bite. The cocktails are fabulous. Popovers to die for with the cured ham jam and butter. Ate so many of the appetizers plus a Cesar salad didn’t have room for an entree. Can’t wait to go back and try the rest of the menu.More infoAlderwood Santa CruzPrice: Very Expensive• Contemporary American• Santa Cruz•4.6
- KPKatharinePSan Francisco Bay Area •14 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 18, 2023We really enjoyed our dinner at Oswalds tonight. We were seated in one of their wallside tables which was quieter and cozy. The waitstaff was attentive but not overbearing. The food was delicious. Oh and my cocktail was delicious too.More infoOswaldPrice: Expensive• Contemporary American• Santa Cruz•4.7
4 freewheeling, fun restaurant trends that emerged in 2023
Maximalism, a bigger focus on the bar, transportive meals, and other restaurant trends to know from the year gone by.
The 10 best new San Francisco restaurants of 2023
San Francisco’s most thrilling restaurant debuts of the year include an acclaimed Thai gem and a buzzy trattoria from an award-winning hospitality group.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in San Francisco
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near San Francisco
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in the Bay Area
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
Frequently asked questions
As of December 1, 2023 there are 22 restaurants in Santa Cruz. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find Contemporary American, Californian, Italian, Mediterranean, American and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Santa Cruz who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Santa Cruz either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.
- Frederick Street Park
- Lighthouse Field State Beach
- Grant Park
- Pacific Avenue Historic District
- Santa Cruz Surfing Museum
- Cowell's Beach
- Pasatiempo Golf Course
- Howard Johnson Inn - Fisherman's Wharf-Santa Cruz
- West Cliff Drive
- L H Selman Ltd Glass Gallery
- Trescony Park
- University of California At Santa Cruz
- Pleasure Point Beach
- Santa Cruz Downtown Historic District
- Rockview Drive County Park
- Davenport Roadhouse Inn
- Neary Lagoon Park
- Santa Cruz Harbor Beach
- Sunny Cove Beach County Park
- Santa Cruz Small Craft Harbor