Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Come see our special wood fired oven imported from Naples Italy!
Tuesdays | 12pm-2pm
Wednesday - Saturday | 12pm-2pm
Tuesday-Saturday | 5pm-7:30pm
Located on the second floor of the Berkeley City Club, a Julia Morgan Historic Hotel, Julia's boasts a beautiful over-sized fireplace, and ornate details true to Morgan's iconic Moorish Gothic architectural design.
Julia's offers an innovative, creative, contemporary approach to your dining experience and is inspired by local, organic, and seasonal ingredients.
Our diverse wine list complements our menu featuring wines carefully selected from regions around the world.
Along with a revamped interior and exterior that includes salvaged wood and upgraded kitchen equipment, AKEMI features an updated menu spotlighting fresh ingredients and well-crafted flavors while retaining customer classics such as our sushi rolls.
AKEMI is the new name we bestow upon the beauty that is good food with good people in a good place.
For outdoor reservations please call the restaurant.
Reservation ONLY available for indoor dining.
“We are thrilled to be a neighborhood restaurant serving our community. We have a great pizza oven and create custom Neapolitan style pizzas. Diners should come hungry and ready to enjoy freshly made pasta, meatballs, steak, lamb, seafood, salads and house made desserts all of which feature seasonal ingredients. We also have a wide selection of wine, beer and espresso drinks.:
Ajanta has been voted best Indian restaurant in the entire San Francisco Bay Area by Zagat Guide from 2009-2014. We were also voted best Indian restaurant in the Bay Area A-List contest from 2009-2011 and 2013. In addition, we have received top reviews in several publications, including the East Bay Express, Diablo Magazine, and the Contra Costa Times. We are also included in Michelin Guide.
Our elegant dining hall features art inspired from the famous Ajanta caves in India.
Live music Brunches, New York style Pizza, unique Entrees and our famous Sicilian Lemon Almond Pistachio Cake are just a taste of what you will find at Babette. Warm and knowledgeable staff will make you feel like part of the family.
Executive Chef Matt Gandin creates earthy, modern interpretations of dishes from throughout Mexico, with emphasis on Oaxaca and neighboring coastal regions. We offer an “all-Mexican” list of craft cocktails, house-made sangritas paired with our curated collection of agave spirits, and a diverse selection of local beer and wine on tap.
Also please note that Comal charges a 20% service charge in lieu of tips.
Proof of vaccination REQUIRED to dine indoors. PLEASE have valid verification ready upon arrival.
Thank you for your cooperation
Holidays break, from the 1st and we will reopen Friday 6th for dinner. Happy new year
Passione is bringing a little piece of Italian small village life to you, here in Berkley. Our mission at Passione Emporio is to create a neighborhood restaurant that has the same feel of community and quality as old village Emporios. We source only the best local ingredients and craft them with traditional Italian recipes to make delicious food, with vegan options, along with an authentic array of Italian and locally sourced food and wine.
Our rotating wine bar offers a selection of Italian, Californian and European wines and beers with Prosecco at the center of the list to accompany Italian salami and cheese plates during happy hour.
- SSuzannaroseannaSan Francisco Bay Area •17 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoWe were delighted! It started with being seated in a cozy corner, perfect for our 3-some. We had an appropriately attentive and friendly waiter. The food was all around excellent! My companions had pizza and commented on how thin and delicious the crust was and how perfect the toppings. I had halibut that was exceptionally succulent and cooked just right. We were part of the pre-theater crowd and the wait staff made sure we were finished in plenty of time. The atmosphere is pleasant and sophisticated and the noise level is low enough to encourage easy conversation. I'll be back!More infoRevival Bar+KitchenPrice: Expensive• Californian• Berkeley•4.3
- BTBillTvipSan Francisco Bay Area •5 reviews4.0Dined 5 days agoThe Spaghetti with meatballs and the lasagne were very good!!More infoHeroic Italian - BerkeleyPrice: Moderate• Italian• Berkeley•4.4
- FDFDenCalifornia Central Coast •2 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoFood was very good. Loved every plate we ordered. Definitely be backMore infoLucia's BerkeleyPrice: Moderate• Italian• Berkeley•4.7
- OTSan Francisco Bay Area •1 review5.0Dined on Nov 17, 2023Magical experience with spectacular views. I had a party of 4 celebrating my daughter's birthday. We were greeted by Grace and her sweet smile. Food was 🔥, service was on point and staff was professional and nice. Will definitely relive again.More infoStudy Hall Rooftop LoungePrice: Moderate• Californian• Berkeley•4.5
- WHWalterHYosemite / Mammoth Lakes •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023desserts were a little deficient, but everything else terrificMore infoZINOPrice: Expensive• Mediterranean• Berkeley•3.8
San Francisco’s 10 most exciting restaurant debuts of 2023
San Francisco’s most thrilling restaurant debuts of the year include an acclaimed Thai gem and a buzzy trattoria from an award-winning hospitality group.
4 freewheeling, fun restaurant trends that emerged in 2023
Maximalism, a bigger focus on the bar, transportive meals, and other restaurant trends to know from the year gone by.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in San Francisco
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near San Francisco
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in the Bay Area
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
Frequently asked questions
- The Museum of Paleontology
- Claremont Canyon Regional Preserve
- Berkeley Aquatic Park
- RedAwning The Berkeley Bungalow
- Fourth Street
- Garber Park
- North Field
- Shorebird Park
- Shattuck Avenue
- John Hinkel Park
- Knights Inn Berkeley
- Marina Inn
- Posen Station Historical
- Hotel Shattuck Plaza
- Super 8 - Berkeley
- Michigan Park
- Telegraph Avenue
- Summit Booster Station El Cerrito Pumping Plant
- Witter Rugby Field
- Chabot Recreation Center