Make a free reservation
Restaurant experiences trending in Haymarket
Award winning restaurants in Haymarket
See what locals rave about in Haymarket
- BB4showdiningTampa / Central Florida West •55 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoGreat place with amazing atmosphere. There’s a great outdoor space in the rear, but I didn’t see it available on Open Table. There was at least one table we probably could have gotten, but the french door window was nice. Our server, Laurie was extremely professional efficient and friendly. Laurie provided us with a level of service we haven’t had in comparable restaurants. There was another woman bustling around cleaning up, setting tables and bringing water who impressed me to no end with her continuous energy. We had She Crab soup, coconut shrimp, salmon w/ couscous and the special scallops on grits. The food was prepared to perfection, having great flavor and they actually used fresh (seemingly just picked) thyme. Oooh la la. The price is respectable for an upscale establishment. The wine list had a good selection at reasonable pricesMore infoClaire's at the Depot$$$$• Contemporary American• Warrenton•4.8
- Ffcpdcop3423vipVirginia •162 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoGreat birthday dinner for my daughter! She loves the dessert!More infoBJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse - Virginia Gateway$$$$• American• Gainesville•4.1
- SSharonvipBaltimore / Maryland •1 review5.0Dined on May 26, 2023It was a great dining experience. We would go backMore infoOut Of the Blue$$$$• Seafood• Gainesville•3.9
- FDFamilyDiningWashington, D.C. Area •2 reviews4.0Dined on May 12, 2023We were seated right away and I’m assuming because we were a large party with kids, were seated towards the back patio door with not a great viewpoint/ambiance. The table was marble and looked spotted and not well cleaned. Took a wile to get drinks once we sat down. The waitress knew we were short one water, but still took a while to bring drinks. A spilled drink that I notified her of was only cleaned up when it started to migrate to the table next to us, even though I asked for napkins to assist with the spill when it happened (she was still taking our orders at that point). We didn’t order an appetizer but the main entrees took a LONG time to come out, even though 5 of them were basic kids meals and the other meals were sandwiches. I felt like tables around us that were seated after us got food faster than we did-not sure why. My sandwich was very good, but the ‘truffle fries’ served with it looked reheated and burnt, many of them in bits and pieces. Overall experience was just alright-would maybe try to dine in again. I felt like I had a better experience at the wine event I attended than when dining in.More infoOlde Dominion Tavern$$$$• American• Haymarket•4.4
- CChowskipvipWashington, D.C. Area •7 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Great food, great experienceMore infoFirebirds Wood Fired Grill - Gainesville$$$$• American• Gainesville•4.6
Get inspired by our collections of the top restaurants in Haymarket
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Washington D.C.
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in DC
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
18 restaurants that define dining in Washington, D.C.
Sample the tastes that are essential to Washington, D.C. by booking a table at one of the city’s 18 greatest restaurants right now.
Unique, Curated Restaurant Experiences in DC's Best Restaurants
After a year at home, Stella Artois and OpenTable bring you the dinner party you’ve been waiting for -- and the restaurant to host it. Welcome to your Dinner Party Out, unique and exclusive gatherings at DC’s best restaurants. Book your special experience, invite guests, and enjoy a family-style curated menu, Stella Artois pairing, and party favors to make the night out with friends so much more than it would be at home.
Discover the Top Women-Led Restaurants in the U.S. and Canada
There’s no better way to celebrate International Women’s Day than by paying a visit to one of these great restaurants — all helmed by women as chefs, managers, or owners. From running kitchens to managing multiple venues, these exceptional women are leaving their mark on the hospitality industry.
Top Hispanic Owned and Operated Restaurants in the U.S.
September 15th to October 15th brings the celebration of National Hispanic Heritage Month in the United States, a time that honors the cultures of people whose ancestors came from Central and South America, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Spain. A big part of the cultural heritage that many Latinx people share in this country is food. To honor National Hispanic Heritage Month, below find Hispanic-owned and -operated across the U.S.
12 of Washington, D.C.’s outstanding spots for celebrating special occasions
As a city that has seen countless graduations, engagements, and birthdays, Boston takes special occasions to another level. On the North End, a neighborhood with a deep-rooted Italian connection, ring in just about anything with decadent lobster agnolotti in a 19th-century row house. For a gathering with friends, head to the Back Bay, where an acclaimed chef serves up bountiful seafood platters, piled high with local oysters. If it’s a more intimate milestone you’re marking, grab a reservation at an elegant omakase spot in Chinatown. Book a table at one of these top 12 restaurants, equipped for any festivity.
Washington, D.C.’s 4 Best New Restaurants to Try
Washington’s dining scene is now better than ever, with both newcomers and beloved stalwarts making long-awaited (re)appearances. Whether you’d like to sip on glasses of frozé atop Navy Yard’s largest rooftop or feast on seafood boils from a laid-back bicoastal outpost, here’s where to dine out in D.C. right now.
9 romantic restaurants in Washington, D.C. for every kind of date
Washington, DC’s quaint neighborhoods, spectacular riverscapes, and burgeoning culinary scene all conjure romance. Whether you’re celebrating a proposal, an anniversary, or a long overdue night together, a charming perch is never hard to find in the nation’s capital. A Dupont Circle townhouse, made for intimate occasions, serves top-notch Mediterranean plates on its wisteria-clad patio. Korean and Southern flavors come together at a handsome Penn Quarter hotspot, sure to up the ante on any anniversary. Read on for a guide to 9 date-worthy restaurants in Washington, DC, ready to host your romantic night out.
Washington, D.C.’s Finest Bars: Where to Drink in the District
With over 170 nations represented in just 68 square miles, the District serves as a captivating destination for diners looking to sample flavors from across the globe—drinks included. As the city’s culinary scene thrives and expands, choosing where to grab a drink has never been so much fun. From unmarked doors that lead to stylish, subterranean social clubs to rooftop lounges with specialty cocktails and unmatched monument views, here are some of Washington, D.C.’s best bars.
Black-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in D.C.
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find Black-owned and -operated restaurants to support. Explore the spots in your area.
LatinX-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in D.C.
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These LatinX-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
Women-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in D.C.
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Woman-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their identity — explore spots to support near you.
Haymarket, once known as The Crossroads, (2) is a town with a rich selection of eateries you won't want to miss. (1) Haymarket is a great place to get seafood dishes like Oysters Rockefeller and Cajun Breaded Gator Tail starters, and fried catfish Po'Boys and Crab Imperial for the main attraction. Diners can enjoy beef brisket, smoked chicken, and pulled pork with home-style mac and cheese. For those eating healthy, there's a wealth of organic and vegan wraps and sandwiches here with lots of gluten-free options as well. If you're feeling adventurous, you can try the Chilean sea bass, Ahi Tuna steak, and Pecan Parmesan Crusted Rainbow Trout with a local wine or cocktail. (3)
Frequently asked questions
As of June 5, 2023 there is 1 restaurant in Haymarket. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find American and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Haymarket who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Haymarket either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.