- DWDavidW1 review5.0Dined 3 days agoOn our anniversary trip and we had a lot of people recommend going here. Glad we made it our last meal of the trip and went out with a BANG! From the fresh rolls with homemade garlic butter to our perfectly cooked surf and turf grilled shrimp/filet …everything was nothing less than amazing. I wish they would bottle and sell the homemade cocktail sauce. Different than anything I’ve had, but it had me hooked! Highly recommend and definitely a spot we will be going to every year we come back!More infoHot Fish ClubPrice: Moderate• Seafood• Garden City/Murrells Inlet•4.8
- JFJamesF1 review5.0Dined 6 days agoI was really surprised with the prices and the large portions I got for the price. A beautiful dining room and quite. Wait staff was “Top Notch”. I will return on my next visit to Myrtle Beach.More infoCalifornia Dreaming - Surfside BeachPrice: Moderate• American• Myrtle Beach•4.5
- JDJudyDSouth Carolina •3 reviews5.0Dined on Jul 11, 2023We had a reservation, walked in, took us right to our table. Waitress Jenna was there within minutes, took our drink orders, after we got them asked about appetizers, we ordered the grouper bites and raw oysters, which were both very, very good. She waited til we were done, took our dinner order was there within 15 minutes. The lobster Mac was out of this world, the scallops were really delicious, and our friends got the gingered grouper which they loved. We brought a cake for my birthday, they kept it cold til we were ready, brought it out with plates and silverware, had a candle in it. Everything was absolutely delicious!!! We would thoroughly recommend it! Oh at it's right on the Marsh!More infoInlet Provision Company Bar and RestaurantPrice: Moderate• Tapas / Small Plates• Murrells Inlet•4.2
- GgregSouth Carolina •5 reviews4.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023Very quaint and good food. Good area of town. We would go again.More infoTupelo Honey - Myrtle BeachPrice: Moderate• Contemporary Southern• Myrtle Beach•4.5
- RHRichardHNew York / Tri-State Area •5 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023We make it a point to book a table at Gulfstream Cafe especially for holidays. We dined there most recently for thanksgiving dinner and New Year’s Day brunch. Both were excellent in terms of the food and the service. They do a great job!More infoGulfstream Cafe - Priority SeatingPrice: Moderate• Seafood• Garden City/Murrells Inlet•4.5
The best places to grab a drink in Charleston
Charleston’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges to charming wine bars and tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
Charleston’s 9 best outdoor dining setups
Charleston’s best restaurants for outdoor dining come with breathtaking views, scenic streetside tables, and charming patios.
Charleston’s 8 Greatest Restaurants
Together, these old and new restaurants offer a snapshot of the best of Charleston dining right now.
8 romantic restaurants in Charleston for every kind of date
Romance fills Charleston’s cobblestone streets, candlelit verandas, and fiery sunsets. That signature Lowcountry charm also distinguishes the city’s best date-night restaurants. At an oyster bar on King Street, window seats and fried fish baskets take the edge off first-date jitters. For a transportive evening complete with lamb kebabs and anise cocktails, couples hit one of the area’s only Lebanese restaurants. A classic steakhouse in a restored bank makes an elegant backdrop for an unforgettable proposal. There’s a table for every kind of date night in one of the South’s most scenic cities. Read on for a guide to 8 Charleston restaurants ready to host your next romantic occasion.
Celebrate your special occasions at these top 14 Charleston restaurants
Celebrating is what Charleston does best, and food is practically a religion in the Holy City. Most festive restaurants in this historically complex, cobblestone town serve cuisine that’s heavily influenced by the locale. The past is infused in every bite: vibrant Gullah Geechee culture, kept alive by descendants of West Africans who were brought to America’s southeastern coast as enslaved people, is well-represented in dishes rich with okra, grits, rice, and collards. Seafood—specifically, shellfish—graces practically every menu. Whether your reason for celebrating is a birthday, anniversary, promotion, or simply just because, the city’s thriving restaurant scene has the ideal spot. These are the 14 best restaurants in Charleston to ring in any special occasion.
6 New Restaurants to Book in Charleston This Spring
What defines Southern hospitality more than a steaming communal table of Lowcountry boil or shrimp and grits? While those standbys, fueled by the bounty of the surrounding creeks and rivers, still form the soul of Charleston dining, the Holy City is expanding its culinary universe. These new restaurants, ranging from the city’s only food hall to an Indian fusion restaurant, pay tribute to Charleston’s history while increasing its global appeal.
Discover Garden City/Murrells Inlet
The history of Murrells Inlet is rich and diverse. Native American tribes, Spanish explorers, English colonists, and even pirates have called Murrells Inlet home. Today it is a quiet but colorful fishing village perfect for relaxing and watching the colors of the sky at sunset. If you're hungry for seafood, restaurants here serve the best in the area. Carefully prepared scallops and mussels, crispy crab cakes, and salmon piccata may tempt you. Or try their southern favorites: shrimp and grits, seafood and corn chowder, or lobster pot pie. And who can resist their crab or lobster grilled cheese? If you’re in the mood for something more “down to earth,” a bacon, egg and cheeseburger aims to please. Whether you’re in the mood for excellent seafood or more land-based deliciousness, Murrells Inlet is always the place to be.
Frequently asked questions
The most romantic restaurant in Garden City/Murrells Inlet is Gulfstream Cafe - Priority Seating
- Inlet Crossing Shopping Center
- Tpc of Myrtle Beach
- Indigo Creek Golf Club
- Garden City Pier
- Surfside Beach Resort
- Heron Point Golf Club
- Myrtle Beach State Park
- Marlin Quay Marina
- Garden City Inn
- Indian Wells Golf Club
- Waters Edge Resort
- Royal Garden Resort
- Blackmoor Golf Club
- Sandpebble Beach Club by Patton Hospitality
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Murrells Inlet
- Marty's Merry-Go-Round
- Atalaya Towers