Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
California Dreaming has been serving the Charleston community since 1987. The large, open setting boasts floor to ceiling windows overlooking the Ashley River, providing a perfect backdrop to any event. The panoramic views can also be enjoyed on the wrap-around deck with bar, that is easily accessible by boat; additional restaurant features: online ordering with curbside pick-up. Awarded Best Waterfront Dining and Best Salad - City Paper, 2004-2021.
We are unable to accommodate parties of 7 or greater at this time.
3 for 20$
Rollback from 2011
1/7/21 through 1/17/21
Italian restaurant in Charleston SC, Charleston SC Italian restaurant, Italian restaurants near me, Best restaurants in Charleston SC, authentic Italian.
La Fontana offers lunch and dinner, as well as a pizza menu. As of right now, we are only doing large pizzas to go. Those in the mood for pizza will find many delicious options at La Fontana, such as the Bianca, margherita and meat lovers pizzas. Those looking for something more tradition might enjoy the spaghetti and meatballs, cheese manicotti or lasagna al forna with homemade sauce.
- OTOpenTable DinerSouth Carolina •1 review5.0Dined 1 day agoSeats were a little too close, but other than that great service and amazing food. Would come back. Waiter was amazing.More infoChurch and Union - Charleston$$$$Price: Moderate• American• Downtown Charleston•4.4
- GGGreekGourmetSouth Carolina •19 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoThe Anson is an old favorite of ours when we go to Gaillard for a concert. It’s at a perfect distance between our home and Gaillard and we always enjoy our pre-concert dinner there. The service is great and we enjoy a leisurely dinner that is perfectly timed for our walk. We always start with their generous cocktails-me a martini and husband a boulevardier. Last night we enjoyed she-crab soup, burrata baby beet salad, bucatini lobster, snapper, salmon, Sauvignon Blanc and concluded with a delicious chocolate dessert! Everything was flavorful and cooked to perfection with all the dish temps perfect. Since it was just a couple of days to my birthday, I received a dessert plate decorated with very yummy chocolate, whipped cream and fresh berries! I have not one negative thing to say about this wonderful restaurant! We always sit upstairs in the elegantly decorated dining room. Many thanks to The Anson for a truly memorable dinner!More infoAnson$$$$Price: Very Expensive• Southern• Downtown Charleston•4.8
- GMGMurphyGreater Boston •4 reviews5.0Dined 5 days agoThe meatballs might be the best we have ever had, they are a must try! Good wine list, Caesar salad was fantastic. We tried pretty much everything, as there were 5 in our party. The flat iron steak was amazing, the pork was tasty and the pasta was unbelievable, the red sauce was perfect, not acidic and stuck to the pasta. The only thing we wish we had was bread, to soak up all that yummy sauce! Dessert was delicious, we had 2 tiramisu, Gelato and a sorbet. It was a little loud, but everyone was having a good time so it was all good!More infoIndaco$$$$Price: Moderate• Italian• Downtown Charleston•4.8
- OTOpenTable DinervipNew York City •6 reviews5.0Dined 7 days agoI came in with a coworker for our wine contest and the whole evening from start to finish was amazing. Celia was our server and she was fantastic. The food was delicious as always PS. (I need the recipe for the tiger and the coconut because I’d give an arm to be able to make it at home ) 😍More infoO-Ku$$$$Price: Moderate• Japanese• Downtown Charleston•4.8
- AMAnneMWNew York City •3 reviews5.0Dined on Feb 19, 2024Excellent food. We loved it and the oysters, shrimp and grits, shrimp creole were all excellent.More infoThe Darling Oyster Bar$$$$Price: Moderate• Seafood• Downtown Charleston•4.8
12 quintessential date-night restaurants in Charleston
Charleston’s cobblestone streets and candlelit verandas scream romance, and that Lowcountry charm also defines its best date-night restaurants. Window seats and fried fish baskets take the edge off first-date nerves at an oyster bar. For dinner and dancing, there’s a multi-level hotspot with killer sunset views. Proposals mean a nautical dining room at a waterfront beauty. This guide pairs Charleston restaurants with romantic occasions from first dates all the way to milestone anniversaries. These are Charleston’s 12 best date-night restaurants.
Charleston’s 8 Greatest Restaurants
Together, these old and new restaurants offer a snapshot of the best of Charleston dining right now.
11 stellar special-occasion restaurants in Charleston
Charleston’s got a celebratory soul, and food is practically a religion here. Which explains why its special-occasion restaurants are forces to be reckoned with. While many of its most festive restaurants are in its historic downtown, surrounded by views of horse-drawn carriages and cobblestone streets, others are on some of the smaller islands, complete with stunning coastal views. Whether you’re ringing in a birthday, anniversary, promotion, or simply just because, the city’s thriving restaurant scene has the ideal spot. Read on for a guide to 11 special-occasion worthy restaurants in Charleston to book now.
The best places to grab a drink in Charleston
Charleston’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges to charming wine bars and tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
Charleston’s 9 best outdoor dining setups
Charleston’s best restaurants for outdoor dining come with breathtaking views, scenic streetside tables, and charming patios.
6 New Restaurants to Book in Charleston This Spring
What defines Southern hospitality more than a steaming communal table of Lowcountry boil or shrimp and grits? While those standbys, fueled by the bounty of the surrounding creeks and rivers, still form the soul of Charleston dining, the Holy City is expanding its culinary universe. These new restaurants, ranging from the city’s only food hall to an Indian fusion restaurant, pay tribute to Charleston’s history while increasing its global appeal.
Discover West Ashley
With all the old-world charm of days gone by, West Ashley is well-known for its beauty as well as hosting eateries that offer Southern dishes that can be found no place else. Diners can enjoy classics like fried green tomatoes, crab cakes, and classic BBQ sandwiches. You can also try shrimp and grits, Lowcountry fish and chips, or pappardelle with garlic and oil with a beer that was brewed locally. For more cultured palates, West Ashley offers fine dishes like seared foie gras, Atlantic striped bass, lobster thermidor, and duck "au poivre" with champagne or a vintage wine. Nearly every restaurant has their own signature hot sauce--some have an entire wardrobe of them. All the flavors of the South are there to savor and enjoy, down to the homemade cornbread topped with local honey that’s served with a smile.
Frequently asked questions
Celebrate special occasion at the best restaurants in West Ashley. Our customers recommend California Dreaming - Charleston - Priority Seating, Bearcat and The King Claw - Charleston
As of March 5, 2024 there are 9 restaurants in West Ashley. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find American, Sushi, Seafood, Italian, Contemporary American and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in West Ashley who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in West Ashley either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Charleston Downtown/Riverview
- The Harborage At Ashley Marina
- The Quadrangle Shopping Center
- Angel Oak
- Courtyard Charleston Waterfront
- Residence Inn Charleston Downtown/Riverview
- Motel 6 Charleston South
- Stono Ferry Golf Course
- Church Creek Plaza Shopping Center
- Village Square Shopping Center
- Gaud School Playground
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Charleston Riverview
- West Ashley Shoppes Shopping Center
- Best Western Sweetgrass Inn
- Citadel Mall Shopping Center
- Ashley Plaza Mall Shopping Center
- Orange Grove Plaza Shopping Center
- Caw Caw Interpretive Center
- Creekside Lands Inn
- Holiday Inn Charleston-Riverview