- CColinBath/Somerset •4 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoAbsolutely love Maison. My wife and I hadn't been in months and yet the staff somehow remembered us and provided exceptional service. The food was top notch - truly delicious - and the atmosphere was just right. 10/10 we love this place and will be back many many times in the future.More infoMaisonPrice: Expensive• French• Downtown Charleston•4.8
- NNonameSouth Carolina •1 review5.0Dined 3 days agoThe cocktails are unique, beautifully served and absolutely delicious. The pasta tastes so fresh and has great flavor combinations that just make you want to continue eating! Would absolutely recommend for a casual evening or date night.More infoGale RestaurantPrice: Moderate• Italian• Downtown Charleston•4.7
- CMCynthiaMvipAtlanta Metro •121 reviews5.0Dined 4 days agoThe heirloom carpaccio was outstanding. The screaming corn was so great as well! The shrimp po-boy what can I say, amazing as always and our sweet sweet waitress was the best!More infoRappahannock Oyster Bar - CharlestonPrice: Moderate• Seafood• Downtown Charleston•4.6
- LBLindsayBSouth Carolina •1 review5.0Dined 7 days agoWe had an amazing dinner on the patio. The view was beautiful! The restaurant had a laid back but still upscale vibe. We had great non-alcoholic cocktails, which had their own section on the menu, so that was a nice touch as someone that doesn’t drink much. The food was great and came out quickly! The pumpkin pasta dish was great. The area is beautiful and definitely worth walking around before or after dinner if you have the time.More infoThe KingstidePrice: Moderate• Seafood• Daniel Island•4.5
- SVSandraVNew York / Tri-State Area •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Everything was great. The server was fantastic. But we wanted to sit outside in the enclosure and the noise level was beyond so we went back in. Also no parking and adding $17 to park made it a bit expensive. But overall was a special time.More infoTavern & TablePrice: Moderate• American• Mount Pleasant•4.5
The best places to grab a drink in Charleston
Charleston’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges to charming wine bars and tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
Charleston’s 9 best outdoor dining setups
Charleston’s best restaurants for outdoor dining come with breathtaking views, scenic streetside tables, and charming patios.
Charleston’s 8 Greatest Restaurants
Together, these old and new restaurants offer a snapshot of the best of Charleston dining right now.
8 romantic restaurants in Charleston for every kind of date
Romance fills Charleston’s cobblestone streets, candlelit verandas, and fiery sunsets. That signature Lowcountry charm also distinguishes the city’s best date-night restaurants. At an oyster bar on King Street, window seats and fried fish baskets take the edge off first-date jitters. For a transportive evening complete with lamb kebabs and anise cocktails, couples hit one of the area’s only Lebanese restaurants. A classic steakhouse in a restored bank makes an elegant backdrop for an unforgettable proposal. There’s a table for every kind of date night in one of the South’s most scenic cities. Read on for a guide to 8 Charleston restaurants ready to host your next romantic occasion.
Celebrate your special occasions at these top 14 Charleston restaurants
Celebrating is what Charleston does best, and food is practically a religion in the Holy City. Most festive restaurants in this historically complex, cobblestone town serve cuisine that’s heavily influenced by the locale. The past is infused in every bite: vibrant Gullah Geechee culture, kept alive by descendants of West Africans who were brought to America’s southeastern coast as enslaved people, is well-represented in dishes rich with okra, grits, rice, and collards. Seafood—specifically, shellfish—graces practically every menu. Whether your reason for celebrating is a birthday, anniversary, promotion, or simply just because, the city’s thriving restaurant scene has the ideal spot. These are the 14 best restaurants in Charleston to ring in any special occasion.
6 New Restaurants to Book in Charleston This Spring
What defines Southern hospitality more than a steaming communal table of Lowcountry boil or shrimp and grits? While those standbys, fueled by the bounty of the surrounding creeks and rivers, still form the soul of Charleston dining, the Holy City is expanding its culinary universe. These new restaurants, ranging from the city’s only food hall to an Indian fusion restaurant, pay tribute to Charleston’s history while increasing its global appeal.
Discover Daniel Island
Daniel Island is a vibrant location with traditional neighborhoods, a spectacular coastal view, and a thriving downtown filled with great restaurants. You can enjoy delicacies like parmesan-and-basil-encrusted salmon, lavender-and-honey-marinated pork tenderloin, or succulent lamb-and-beef meatballs over linguini with fine vintage wines and beautiful island views. What could be better than a fine meal starting with a charcuterie plate and jumbo lump crab cakes? Follow it up with tarragon shallot salmon, Mediterranean penne pasta, or pork Milanese and an IPA-style draft beer and you’ll have yourself a dining experience to remember. Save room for dessert because the white chocolate banana bread pudding, triple chocolate cake, and peanut-butter-cup pie are not to be missed. With a smattering of international fare and local bars, Daniel Island is a paradise for those who love food.