Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Gallagher's Grill, located at 509 S Tyler St in Covington, La. Rated Four Stars by Tom Fitzmorris, "Mr Food". Serving USDA Prime and choice steaks, quail, lamb and the largest selection of fresh fish on the Northshore! Open for lunch Tuesday thru Friday and Dinner Tuesday thru Saturday.
Please call for reservations. Due to Covid - 19 restrictions online reservation will be suspended until further notice. 985-400-5668
Our hours of operation will be:
Sunday & Monday - closed
Tuesday - Thursday - 4 pm - 9 pm
Friday - 11 am - 9 pm
Saturday - 4 pm - 9 pm
Happy Hour - Tuesday - Friday 4 pm - 6 pm
1/2 price appetizers
1/2 price glasses of wine and specialty cocktails
If your preferred reservation time is not available through Open Table, please call the restaurant directly to check availability at (985) 276-4994.
Our dining experience is also available at the Bar. Bar seats are on a first come first serve basis.
- WZWhittneyZNew Orleans / Louisiana •3 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoOmg , the absolute best for my 1st time there & I WILL be back! 🔥😋The service was amazing! Did I mention AMAZING? Super cute atmosphere & very romantic/special occasion friendly ‼️The Staff made us feel sooo welcomed🥰‼️Hospitality so very much appreciated 💚food was A-1 😩when the waiter picked my food up to pack to go, the plate was still hot from it being served in the first place. I can really go on & on …don’t walk, RUN there 😍🔥‼️🖤More infoDesi Vega Steakhouse CovingtonPrice: Expensive• Steakhouse• Covington•4.8
- GCGaryCNew Orleans / Louisiana •9 reviews5.0Dined 1 day agoWe had a lovely dinner last night at Tavi. The food was delicious, the portions were plentiful and we were not rushed at all. Our waiter was very attentive. It was a wonderful evening; we will be back. Tavi is a great addition to the Covington restaurant scene.More infoTaviPrice: Moderate• Israeli• Covington•4.9
- OTOpenTable Diner1 review5.0Dined 1 day agoHighly recommend! The restaurant is beautiful with a simple elegance. Our server Nathan was fantastic, and other servers we observed and interacted with were great with their tables as well — all were attentive, kind, and friendly. The food was EXCELLENT. Everything we had was just perfect — presentation, temperature, and most importantly, taste. From the cocktails to the salad (roasted beet!) to the entree (salmon!) to dessert. We can’t wait to go back!More infoThe GloriettePrice: Very Expensive• French American• Covington•4.5
- VvmcnealNew Orleans / Louisiana •13 reviews5.0Dined 6 days agoMy birthday was extra special at Gallighers. Louis provided outstanding service going over and beyond to make me feel special. The food was amazing! I had sautéed popamno topped with lump crab meat and my husband had soft shell crab which he said was one of the best he’d ever had. With potatoes au gratin. Complimented me with a desert for my birthday. Very nice atmosphere. We love this special place for any special occasion.More infoGallagher's GrillPrice: Very Expensive• Steakhouse• Covington•4.9
- Ddlmphs58Memphis / West Tennessee •8 reviews5.0Dined on Sep 22, 2023Delicious as always! Thank you Gina and Tyler for your excellent service and genuine hospitality!More infoDel Porto RistorantePrice: Expensive• Contemporary Italian• Covington•4.9
The best places to grab a drink in New Orleans
New Orleans’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges to charming wine bars and tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
These 10 New Orleans restaurants nail outdoor dining
New Orleans’s best restaurants for outdoor dining come with breathtaking views, scenic streetside tables, and charming patios.
14 restaurants vital to New Orleans
Together, these old and new restaurants offer a snapshot of the best of New Orleans dining right now.
9 romantic restaurants for date night in New Orleans
New Orleans’s restaurants have hosted lovers and trysts for more than 300 years. Couples looking for romance are sure to find it in the Big Easy, whether it’s in the embrace of a velvet-clad hotel lounge or an intimate, family-owned neighborhood joint. Butter up your beau with a steak and martini at an iconic Mid-City steakhouse. Tuck into a tasting menu fit for royalty at a Japanese jewel box in the Central Business District. There’s a table for every kind of date across this festive city. Read on for a guide to 9 New Orleans restaurants ready to host your next romantic occasion.
Celebrate your special occasions at these top 13 New Orleans restaurants
New Orleanians tend to mark time by food seasons rather than the standard calendar flip. The hottest months belong to frozen daiquiris and technicolor snoballs. Spring brings families and friends together over spicy spreads of boiled crawfish. In a city that puts food and drink at the center of its life and not just the center of the table, eating and drinking is always a special occasion. When it comes to celebrating a birthday, graduation, or just feeling alive in the Big Easy, the stage is set with buckets of seafood, cocktails shaken and stirred in James Beard Award-winning bars, and grand dining rooms that have hosted generations of milestone events and special occasions. These are the 15 best restaurants to book across the Crescent City for many different celebrations.
4 Must-Book Restaurants in New Orleans
New Orleans’s restaurants are the beating heart of this festive city, and to say they’ve had a tough few years would be putting it mildly. The good news is that hospitality is calling again, and nobody does it better than the restaurateurs, chefs, servers, and bartenders that call the Big Easy home. Superior service continues to set New Orleans’s restaurant scene apart. Among the standouts, there’s a brand-new izakaya helmed by a meticulous executive chef who spent time in Japan and a Mid-City tapas bar that churns out a one-of-its-kind, afterhours brunch for the midnight munchies. Book one, book all, and be warmly welcomed at these four new restaurants, representing the best of New Orleans right now.
Discover the Top Women-Led Restaurants in the U.S. and Canada
There’s no better way to celebrate International Women’s Day than by paying a visit to one of these great restaurants — all helmed by women as chefs, managers, or owners. From running kitchens to managing multiple venues, these exceptional women are leaving their mark on the hospitality industry.
With its French, Southern, and Caribbean influences, New Orleans truly has its own unique flavors and food culture. From Cajun and Creole dishes to soul food and French fare, the Covington area reflects these rich flavors that are steeped in Southern history. Gumbo and jambalaya are staples in Covington, as are rich dishes filled with creole seasonings and local proteins such as Andouille sausage and Gulf shrimp. What some call Gumbo's "spiced up cousin" is Crawfish Étouffee, a spicy Cajun favorite in the region. If you prefer to vary your dining options, you will also find excellent American, Italian, and Greek food here.
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in Covington is Don's Seafood Hut of Covington
- Dean Lee State Forest
- Hilton Garden Inn Covington/Mandeville
- Insta Gator Ranch
- Goodyear Park
- Division of Saint John Historic District
- Saint Tammany Parish Fairgrounds
- Lumberjack Stadium
- Mississippi Agricultural And Forestry Experiment Station
- Super 8 Covington
- Comfort Suites Mandeville
- Bogue Chitto National Wildlife Refuge
- Pearl River County Game Refuge
- Ucm Museum
- Walkiah Bluff Water Park
- Cassidy Park
- Country Inn and Suites by Carlson Covington
- Staybridge Suites Covington
- Bogue Falaya Park
- Avenue B Baseball Park
- Best Western Northpark Inn