Make a free reservation
Restaurant experiences trending in Whittier
See what locals rave about in Whittier
- OTOpenTable Diner1 review5.0Dined 2 days agoThe Icehouse Minneapolis is the go to restaurant for great music and outstanding food and service. I have never had a bad experience here and I have been going since it opened. ￼More infoIcehouse$$$$• American• Whittier•4.6
- SWSaraWMinneapolis - St. Paul •4 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoAlways good experience - you can count on it! Dined twice in past week at Christo s, and wait staff both times have been so kind! Warmly greeted upon entering and leaving. Reasonably priced and parking is a much appreciated. So glad you are still on Nicollet!More infoChristos - Minneapolis$$$$• Greek• Downtown / North Loop•4.8
- FfoodieinstpaulMinneapolis - St. Paul •2 reviews4.0Dined on May 26, 2023I was surprised to need a reservation, as the restaurant was completely empty when we got there. The cashier and person behind the counter were friendly, but there were a few items that were "out" (which surprised me, since the restaurant was empty). Also, there was no water, and they had to go next door. (The dispenser was empty.) The food was fine. I was looking for Jerk Chicken, and this chicken wasn't fully seasoned. It was a little smokey, but not what I was hoping for. It tasted a bit bland and was more like pulled pork. It wasn't the "fire-grilled jerk chicken" that was advertised. (Maybe they gave me the pork by mistake...) I am sure the sauces are intended to supplement, but I wanted it to be better (and the sauces were more like bottled bbq sauce than Jerk sauce.) The curry vegetables and coconut rice/beans were delicious. It wasn't cheap. My entree was $18+. I just wanted it to have more flavor. The staff was sweet.More infoPimento Jamaican Kitchen & Rumbar$$$$• Jamaican• Downtown / Mill District•4.9
- SSStephenSMinneapolis - St. Paul •2 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Always an amazing meal, service, bar selections! We are always surprised at the value for what we are getting! (So much fresh and perfect food!) Make a reservation! (especially on the weekends!)More infoThe Copper Hen$$$$• American• Whittier•4.5
- OTOpenTable DinervipMinneapolis - St. Paul •6 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023A great way to start the new year! Love the sausage bread with the small batch house-made peanut butter. And the lemon ricotta pancakes are a favorite. Lovely guitar vocalist played during our visit. Happy New Year!More infoHell's Kitchen Minneapolis$$$$• American• Downtown / North Loop•4.4
Get inspired by our collections of the top restaurants in Whittier
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in Minneapolis
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
Whittier is one of the oldest neighborhoods in Minneapolis, Minnesota. It was settled in the 19th century and is home to a wide variety of ethnic restaurants. The Whittier neighborhood in Minneapolis is an eclectic mix of historic buildings and New World cuisine. For a casual meal, you can choose between an authentic Irish pub, fresh sushi, or a traditional American bar and grill for great sandwiches and cold drinks. For a more elegant dining experience, Whittier offers several upscale steakhouses to choose from. The chefs know how to age their beef slowly to achieve a tender cut before grilling it to perfection. International options include rustic Italian, spicy Thai, classic French, and much more.
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in Whittier is Icehouse