St. John's Restaurants
Make a free reservation
Available for dinner now in St. John's
Outdoor dining in St. John's
Check out diners' favorite restaurants in St. John's
Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Our reservation policy has changed in order to support the best possible customer experience. We take 5pm reservations for seatings of 2-4 people, and two larger groups of 5+ Sunday through Saturday. We accept walk-ins and keep a wait list each night, so if we cannot accommodate your desired booking time after 5pm, you are welcome to come down and see us!
You can always contact us via email at email@example.com or by telephone at 702-722-7222. Our door is open and you are always welcome!
The Merchant Tavern pays homage to hard-working people who appreciate fine fare and spirits. Using fresh ingredients from local purveyors and some inspiration, we create dishes that will make you feel sated.
Enjoy our locally sourced ingredients at lunch, during a weekend brunch, or on a special night out with family and friends.
Please note our restaurant does not allow under age patrons after 8:30 pm.
See what locals rave about in St. John's
- MFMichelF1 review5.0Dined 1 day agoRealy good portion délicious. Italian ambiance. We realy enjoyed.More infoPiatto Pizzeria & Enoteca - St. John's Downtown$$$$• Italian• St. John's•4.8
- GSGlendaSAtlantic Canada •1 review5.0Dined 1 day agoExcellent meal , the pan seared cod was the best I have ever had! My husband had the beef tenderloin and thoroughly enjoyed it. Service was outstanding! Recommend to anyone who loves fine dining !!More infoMagnum and Steins$$$$• Canadian• St. John's•4.4
- LLovedit1011 review5.0Dined 1 day agoGreat place. Excellent food with wonderful service. Wait for food wasn’t long at all & it was hot and fresh when arrived. Place was quite busy so was a little noisy but that’s expected. Great value as well for food, would definitely return.More infoThe Merchant Tavern$$$$• Bistro• St. John's•4.6
- MMichelleAtlantic Canada •2 reviews5.0Dined 7 days agoDelicious food and drinks, with great service. The music was a little too loud but otherwise a very nice place.More infoLIV$$$$• Fusion / Eclectic• St. John's•4.8
- JLJustinLToronto / Ontario •2 reviews4.0Dined on May 30, 2023Taco Tuesday $5 tacos was a great deal! Best tacos in town!More infoCojones$$$$• Mexican• St. John's•4.7
Frequently asked questions
Healthy restaurants located in St. John's include The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - St. Johns, Portage and Piatto Pizzeria - Midtown St. John's
Restaurants with gluten-free options in St. John's are The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - St. Johns, Piatto Pizzeria - Midtown St. John's and Portage
Bottomless brunch in St. John's is available at The Merchant Tavern, Piatto Pizzeria - Midtown St. John's and The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - St. Johns
The most romantic restaurant in St. John's is The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - St. Johns
Restaurants in St. John's with a great view include The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - St. Johns, The Little Sparo and Cojones
- Inner Harbour
- Gander Golf Club
- Point Leamington Harbour
- Little Harbour
- Little Bridgeport Harbour
- Delta St. John's Hotel and Conference Centre
- Deer Harbour
- Bonavista Harbour
- Holiday Inn Express St. John's International Airport
- Black Island Harbour
- Memorial University of Newfoundland
- St. John's International Airport
- Jonathans Pond Provincial Park
- Super 8 St. John's
- Little Chance Harbour
- The Harbour
- Soldiers Pond Fishery Access Road Provincial Park
- Burtons Harbour
- St Clare's Mercy Hospital
- Signal Hill