Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Check our website for details on the events during the summer, as well as our Facebook page. We have many wonderful, rotating specials therefore consult our online menu regularly.
- RLRichardLvipChicago / Illinois •131 reviews5.0Dined 4 days agoWhat a great meal at Bella Via last night! We had dinner with friends in order to catch up and all aspects of the meal were nearly perfect (except for the heat not working when we first arrived). The food was excellent! Two orders of Pollo Marsala, one order of Veal Marsala and one order of Pistachio-crusted Salmon. We all loved our meals! Service by Gustavo was excellent. We were never pushed. So glad we picked Bella Via for our catch-up dinner!More infoBella Via Ristorante and BanquetsPrice: Moderate• Italian• Highland Park•4.7
- BblueskiesvipChicago / Illinois •26 reviews5.0Dined 4 days agoMiramar was lovely. The service, from the valet outside to the welcome at the door to the charming and attentive wait staff was simply the best. Each dish was prepared beautifully. We enjoyed escargot, pate and the bistro salad before our entrees of spinach crepes and skate. The bread was excellent and we used it to mop up some of the rich flavors. We had some fine wine and tasty toffee for dessert. Overall this was a wonderful evening. It was our second time at Miramar but it will not be our last. A terrific authentic French bistro.More infoMiramarPrice: Moderate• French• Highwood•4.8
- SLShariLvipChicago / Illinois •2 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 27, 2023I am a longtime resident of Deerfield and prefers sushi to any other food. I went to sushi Badaya when the old owners, several of them ran, managed this restaurant. The new owners, though they may not be that new have turned it around. The food is outstanding. The service is great and when I go there, the tables are full.More infoSushi Badaya RestaurantPrice: Expensive• Sushi• Highland Park•4.9
- KWKristiWChicago / Illinois •2 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 23, 2023We had a great time and I very much appreciated the staff put us at a corner table and didn't rush us when I shared I was there with a dear friend and we had a lot to talk about. It was a little loud but the fact that we were seated at a corner really helped and I think anywhere else we would have been rushed way ahead so I was really impressed with that. Outstanding food!! Outstanding service.More infoDisottoPrice: Moderate• Italian• Highwood•4.6
- RRobtChicago / Illinois •1 review5.0Dined on Nov 19, 2023I first visited in 2021 for my birthday with my family and loved the entrees. I went back in 2023 with a date. The cozy and quiet environment was perfect. The owner suggested doing a sampling where we tried all of the items on the appetizer menu. I'll be back soon to dig back into the entrées.More infoCafe DachaPrice: Moderate• Eastern European• Highland Park•4.8
Chicago’s 9 hottest restaurant openings of 2023
Chicago’s most thrilling restaurant debuts of the year include a nationally acclaimed South Indian spot and a Ukrainian spot from a James Beard Award-winning duo.
4 freewheeling, fun restaurant trends that emerged in 2023
Maximalism, a bigger focus on the bar, transportive meals, and other restaurant trends to know from the year gone by.
Chicago’s 7 hottest restaurant openings of 2023
Chicago’s best new restaurants, ideal for your next brunch, lunch, or dinner, are home to some of the city’s hottest tables.
10 special occasion-worthy restaurants in Chicago
Chicagoans know that special-occasion meals come in all shapes and sizes. And even though many celebrations in this Midwestern sports town are centered around home team victories, championships aren’t the only reasons to party here. These Windy City restaurants transform a regular Saturday (or Monday or Tuesday) night into an unforgettable evening. Read on for a guide to the 10 best places in Chicago for celebrating special occasions right now.
LatinX-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These LatinX-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
Black-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find Black-owned and -operated restaurants to support on Juneteenth, and everyday. Explore the spots in your area.
LGBTQ-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
OpenTable gives restaurants the ability to celebrate their identity on their restaurant profile—making it even easier for you to find LGBTQ-owned and -operated restaurants to support from coast to coast. Book a table at one of these spots to dine out (and proud!) for Pride month and beyond.
Chicago’s 8 favorite bars
Chicago’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges and charming wine bars to tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
Asian-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support Near Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Asian-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their heritage — explore spots to support near you.
15 restaurants that define Chicago
Meet the best restaurants that define Chicago's dining scene, capturing its past and present while also imagining its future.
Women-Owned and -Operated Restaurants to Support in Chicago
Celebrate the diversity of the restaurant industry! These Woman-owned and -operated restaurants are proud to share their identity — explore spots to support near you.
The 11 Best Restaurants in Chicago for a Romantic Date Night
Whether it’s for that special February holiday or just because, the Windy City abounds with romantic restaurants. A sexy seafood spot in River North serves exquisite oysters and liquid nitrogen cocktails. In the West Loop, a Croatian Italian restaurant steered by a Top Chef winner has plenty of cozy corners for cuddling. A flamenco guitarist serenades diners at a 50-year-old fondue favorite in Lakeview. Chicago has plenty of options for your next date, whether you’re looking for a casual evening of quiet conversation or a show-stopping display of culinary wooing. Go ahead and put down that heart-shaped chocolate box and book a table at one of these 11 romantic restaurants instead.
9 Bucket-List Burgers in Chicago
Deep-dish pizza and loaded hot dogs might be what the Windy City is known for, but Chicago knows how to make a damn good burger. The city is jam-packed with restaurants presenting their takes on the ground meat sandwich. Think Venteux’s chuck patty topped with raclette and crispy shallots, Adorn’s dry-aged prime beef burger, or Blue Door Farm Stand’s vegan quinoa burger with mango chutney. Here are the best burgers you do not want to miss in Chicago.
Discover Highland Park
Highland Park is a great suburb in Chicago, Illinois that sits right by Lake Michigan. Because the neighborhood has an upscale shopping district, finding restaurants with great food is simple. Chicago is known for its iconic deep dish pizza, which Highland Park has an abundance of. The pizza here ranges from classic Chicago deep dish to thinner variations that are a little bit lighter on the dough. French, Greek, and Mexican food are also readily available in Highland Park, especially within the shopping district. Restaurants range from lively pubs to romantic bistros to family-friendly casual dining establishments. All are a great way to enjoy a meal in Highland Park.
Frequently asked questions
As of December 10, 2023 there are 10 restaurants in Highland Park. Filter by “outdoor dining”, “romantic” or “dog friendly”.
On OpenTable we support all cuisines. Find Italian, American, Eastern European, Brewery, Venezuelan and more. Use our filters to find exactly what you’re looking for and make your reservation today.
Yes! We partner with restaurants in Highland Park who deliver with Uber Eats, Postmates, ChowNow, Toast, Olo.
Yes, you can also see restaurants near you offering takeout.
Yes! OpenTable provides free, convenient and trusted options to book the best restaurants in Highland Park either on OpenTable or directly with the restaurant.
Yes, we partner with a third party to bring back menu information for restaurants near you.
- Snyder Park
- Laurel Park
- Chicago Botanical Garden
- Idlewild Park
- Moraine Park
- Cumnor Court Park
- Rosewood Park
- Sunset Valley Golf Club
- Moroney Park
- Chicago Botanic Garden
- Highland Park Country Club
- Manot Park
- Sunset Woods Park
- Roger Williams Park
- Ravinia Park
- John F Kennedy Park
- Briergate Golf Club Historical
- Devonshire Park
- Lincoln Park
- Lincoln Place Park