Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Mauro is from Naples, Tina was born in a little sicilian town near by Enna.
He began to learn everything about the southern cuisine by his experience in Naples since he was a child, from “Polipetti alla Luciana” to “Paccheri ai frutti di mare”. Furthermore he moved in Milan and he had the chance to learn the northern cuisine, from “Risotto ai funghi porcini” to “Polenta grigliata”, one of his favourite specialties!
From an ancient sicilian tradition, Tina learnt everything about the desserts by her grandmother and her mother, from “Millefoglie” to “Cannoli cake”.
We hope you enjoyed reading about us. but it would be great if you would have the chance to taste our fantastic dishes! It will be an amazing experience with no
His philosophy served him well with his previous Sarasota businesses. Café Gabbiano located on Siesta Key was originated by the Migliaccio family in 2003 where is four sons grew in and out of the restaurant business.
A second venture in downtown Sarasota was opened and designed by Pietro in 2012 named Casantica, a small old house converted to a quaint homey restaurant. Both restaurants are now under new ownership.
Now, this small intimate place is where I can have fun serving and meeting new friends. Benvenuti.
PLEASE NOTE WE CAN NOT ACCEPT RESERVATIONS FOR OUTSIDE DINING, PARTIES OVER 6, OR HOLIDAYS THROUGH OPEN TABLE. PLEASE CALL THE RESTAURANT IF YOUR TIME IS NOT AVAILABLE. THANK YOU!!! 941 966 5688
Some of the specialities Dolce Italia has become famous for are the Napoletan Eggplant- a tender sautee eggplant with fresh tomatoes crowned with ricotte, the Trenne Dolce Italia- the signature pasta dish with creamy tomato sauce, fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, and mushroom.
PLEASE NOTE*** for parties of 5 and over, we ask that you call in in order for us to better serve the group's needs.
Our outdoor seating is all first come first serve- we apologize for any inconvenience
Downtown Sarasota American Bistro serving traditional and contemporary dishes with an emphasis on healthy options. Savor made-from-scratch selections for breakfast, lunch and dinner prepared with fresh ingredients from regional farms.
We are the Zappaterreno Family and for more than 20 years we’ve owned, operated and crafted fresh comfort food our restaurant, Agriturismo La Mucca Ballerina in Rome, Italy. Chef Mario Zappaterreno and family's latest outpost.
At an early age, Chef Mario learned from his grandmother that the true Italian dining experience is more than just the food, it’s the combination of a welcoming environment where fresh homemade pasta and mozzarella, hand-picked vegetables and the right seasoning ingredients welcomes friends with open arms. Our Italian farmhouse style in downtown Sarasota is a true taste of Rome! Transport yourself to a agriturismo villa in Rome for the evening and enjoy the warm atmosphere and welcoming service + truly authentic cuisine.
For this simple formula of creating the fresh and flavorful food we loved growing up, our restaurant in Rome is successful... and to which I know bring to our new home in Sarasota.
- MDMidwestDocKansas City / Kansas •10 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoThree of us out for a quiet birthday dinner. Service was outstanding, carefully curated menu and excellent wine list. Our first time dining here, certainly won’t be the last.More infoIndigenousPrice: Expensive• American• Sarasota•4.7
- AGAmazingG9Tampa / Central Florida West •20 reviews5.0Dined 3 days agoLovely location - have dined here many tines. Great service, wonderful food - always enjoyable.More infoFlavio Downtown SarasotaPrice: Moderate• Italian• Sarasota•4.5
- DDDragonDivaPhiladelphia / New Jersey Suburbs •7 reviews5.0Dined on Sep 22, 2023Everything we have ever eaten at Bavaro’s has been absolutely delicious and prepared accordingly to our order request! Our go ~ to favorites…The Italian Chop Salad is exceptional, the Pizza’s are delicious and the appetizers are as well. Hostess and wait staff are kind, efficient, attentive and give so much great service always with a smile! There is music most evenings that is with very talented musicians. This is a place not to miss, you will become a regular!More infoBavaro's Pizza Napoletana & Pastaria-SarasotaPrice: Moderate• Italian• Sarasota•4.6
- MMMicMSvipWashington, D.C. Area •3 reviews5.0Dined on Sep 11, 2023Our first time at this lovely restaurant. The food and service was excellent. We will definitely be going back.More infoLa Mucca BallerinaPrice: Moderate• Italian• Sarasota•4.7
- OTOpenTable DinervipTampa / Central Florida West •5 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023Excellent food!! I can tell that a lot of love went into preparing these meals!! We can’t believe that this was our first time visiting this restaurant. We will definitely be back soon!!More infoMediterraneo Ristorante ItalianoPrice: Expensive• Italian• Sarasota•4.8
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in Tampa
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
Top Hispanic Owned and Operated Restaurants in the U.S.
September 15th to October 15th brings the celebration of National Hispanic Heritage Month in the United States, a time that honors the cultures of people whose ancestors came from Central and South America, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Spain. A big part of the cultural heritage that many Latinx people share in this country is food. To honor National Hispanic Heritage Month, below find Hispanic-owned and -operated across the U.S.
There are two times of year that define life in the Sarasota area: peak and off seasons. Population numbers may spike by about 20 percent in the peak season, and the change is evident as commercial activity ramps up. The local dining scene is especially susceptible to the changing seasons. Peak season is the best time to sample the diverse cuisine, which ranges from soul food at hole-in-the-wall diners to fusion menus in hip bistros. There are also plenty of fine dining options at white-tablecloth restaurants. Sip on a good wine while enjoying fresh cheeses or stop by the local pub to sample one of 50 different beers and chow down on thin-crust pizza. You're sure to get your fill of fresh seafood in this Florida town, or maybe you prefer vegetarian dishes featuring super foods like quinoa, goji berries, and sweet potatoes.
Frequently asked questions
- Sarasota Opera
- South Lido County Park
- St Armands Circle
- Heritage Oaks Golf And Country Club
- South Lido Park
- Colonial Village Shopping Center
- The Hotel Indigo - Sarasota
- Sarasota Jungle Garde
- SRQ Airport
- Island House Beach Resor 13N
- Sarasota Jungle Gardens
- Sarasota International Convention Center
- Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach
- University Park Country Club
- Lido Beach
- Calini Beach Club
- Hyatt Place Sarasota/Bradenton
- Comfort Suites - Sarasota / Clark Station
- Bent Tree Golf And Country Club
- Palm Bay Club G88 by Vacation Rental Pros