Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
His philosophy served him well with his previous Sarasota businesses. Café Gabbiano located on Siesta Key was originated by the Migliaccio family in 2003 where is four sons grew in and out of the restaurant business.
A second venture in downtown Sarasota was opened and designed by Pietro in 2012 named Casantica, a small old house converted to a quaint homey restaurant. Both restaurants are now under new ownership.
Now, this small intimate place is where I can have fun serving and meeting new friends. Benvenuti.
We are the Zappaterreno Family and for more than 20 years we’ve owned, operated and crafted fresh comfort food our restaurant, Agriturismo La Mucca Ballerina in Rome, Italy. Chef Mario Zappaterreno and family's latest outpost.
At an early age, Chef Mario learned from his grandmother that the true Italian dining experience is more than just the food, it’s the combination of a welcoming environment where fresh homemade pasta and mozzarella, hand-picked vegetables and the right seasoning ingredients welcomes friends with open arms. Our Italian farmhouse style in downtown Sarasota is a true taste of Rome! Transport yourself to a agriturismo villa in Rome for the evening and enjoy the warm atmosphere and welcoming service + truly authentic cuisine.
For this simple formula of creating the fresh and flavorful food we loved growing up, our restaurant in Rome is successful... and to which I know bring to our new home in Sarasota.
We offer indoor and outdoor seating with sports bar and banquet space for small to midsize events.
We bring to life some of the most iconic dishes from the rich culture of India, with our unique twist.
We welcome you to indulge in this irresistible experience.
PLEASE NOTE WE CAN NOT ACCEPT RESERVATIONS FOR OUTSIDE DINING, PARTIES OVER 6, OR HOLIDAYS THROUGH OPEN TABLE. PLEASE CALL THE RESTAURANT IF YOUR TIME IS NOT AVAILABLE. THANK YOU!!! 941 966 5688
Mauro is from Naples, Tina was born in a little sicilian town near by Enna.
He began to learn everything about the southern cuisine by his experience in Naples since he was a child, from “Polipetti alla Luciana” to “Paccheri ai frutti di mare”. Furthermore he moved in Milan and he had the chance to learn the northern cuisine, from “Risotto ai funghi porcini” to “Polenta grigliata”, one of his favourite specialties!
From an ancient sicilian tradition, Tina learnt everything about the desserts by her grandmother and her mother, from “Millefoglie” to “Cannoli cake”.
We hope you enjoyed reading about us. but it would be great if you would have the chance to taste our fantastic dishes! It will be an amazing experience with no
Downtown Sarasota American Bistro serving traditional and contemporary dishes with an emphasis on healthy options. Savor made-from-scratch selections for breakfast, lunch and dinner prepared with fresh ingredients from regional farms.
Some of the specialities Dolce Italia has become famous for are the Napoletan Eggplant- a tender sautee eggplant with fresh tomatoes crowned with ricotte, the Trenne Dolce Italia- the signature pasta dish with creamy tomato sauce, fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, and mushroom.
- YYummyIndiana •6 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoExcellent food! We had a quiet dinner with gazpacho and wild mushroom bisque to start, followed by a pork chop and cobia. The finale were carrot cake ice cream and flourless chocolate cake. Everything was great!More infoIndigenousPrice: Expensive• American• Sarasota•4.8
- CCampbellvipCincinnati / Dayton •9 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 21, 2023La Mucca Ballerina always impresses! The best Italian food in the area, bar none. I would recommend La Mucca to anyone looking for incredible food, amazing atmosphere and a wonderful staff and family!More infoLa Mucca BallerinaPrice: Moderate• Italian• Sarasota•4.8
- EExcellentvipSouthwest Florida •132 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 1, 2023Always a great dining experience at Flavio Downtown Sarasota. Never disappointed in the food quality and service the numerous times my wife and I have dined here. Highly recommended!More infoFlavio Downtown SarasotaPrice: Moderate• Italian• Sarasota•4.5
- OTOpenTable DinervipTampa / Central Florida West •5 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 2, 2023Excellent food!! I can tell that a lot of love went into preparing these meals!! We can’t believe that this was our first time visiting this restaurant. We will definitely be back soon!!More infoMediterraneo Ristorante ItalianoPrice: Expensive• Italian• Sarasota•4.8
- SGSusanGTampa / Central Florida West •1 review5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Pleasantly surprised! We were celebrating my daughters first child and the new year! The food was outstanding. Everything was fresh and yummy.More infoMADEPrice: Moderate• Contemporary American• Sarasota•4.6
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in Tampa
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
Top Hispanic Owned and Operated Restaurants in the U.S.
September 15th to October 15th brings the celebration of National Hispanic Heritage Month in the United States, a time that honors the cultures of people whose ancestors came from Central and South America, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Spain. A big part of the cultural heritage that many Latinx people share in this country is food. To honor National Hispanic Heritage Month, below find Hispanic-owned and -operated across the U.S.
There are two times of year that define life in the Sarasota area: peak and off seasons. Population numbers may spike by about 20 percent in the peak season, and the change is evident as commercial activity ramps up. The local dining scene is especially susceptible to the changing seasons. Peak season is the best time to sample the diverse cuisine, which ranges from soul food at hole-in-the-wall diners to fusion menus in hip bistros. There are also plenty of fine dining options at white-tablecloth restaurants. Sip on a good wine while enjoying fresh cheeses or stop by the local pub to sample one of 50 different beers and chow down on thin-crust pizza. You're sure to get your fill of fresh seafood in this Florida town, or maybe you prefer vegetarian dishes featuring super foods like quinoa, goji berries, and sweet potatoes.
Frequently asked questions
- The Landing Shopping Center
- Island House Beach Resort 36
- Artisans World Marketplace
- Ringling Circus Museum
- Lido Beach Resort - Sarasota
- Gulf & Bay Club 204C by Vacation Rental Pros
- Gulf & Bay Club 102B by Vacation Rental Pros
- Island House Beach Resort 40A
- Pelican Plaza Shopping Center
- Midnight Cove ll
- The Ritz-Carlton - Sarasota
- Bay Isles Shopping Center
- Sarasota International Convention Center
- Hampton Inn & Suites Sarasota / Bradenton - Airport
- Casa Calm
- Bent Tree Golf And Country Club
- Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall
- Ca D Zan Mansion
- University Park Country Club
- Sarasota Commons Shopping Center