Diners’ Choice Awards are based on where your fellow diners book, dine, and review. Only verified diners get to review restaurants on OpenTable, so our data doesn’t lie.
Offering quality and freshness with no shortcuts, our team prepares each dish from scratch.
We serve local produce and fresh Florida seafood every day. We also feature a full bar, an award winning wine list and homemade cakes and cheesecakes.
Mildred's is proud to say we serve Gainesville's best food! We are also in the Golden Spoon Hall of Fame for our dedication to great food and service year after year.
Reservations for lunch are not necessary.
-Mark's Prime Steakhouse Management Team
Right across street from Regal Cinemas in Celebration Pointe!
Indoor and outdoor patio (covered) seating available.
Give us any detail you are comfortable with for your special occasion! (Names, # of yrs for anniversary, Birthday, etc.) We love to make your day personal and memorable.
Our focus is on bringing things together—often unexpected things—to make something creative and authentic. We believe a sense of wonder is an integral part of every memorable dining experience in our space.
Enjoy a local, hand-selected 25-ounce Porterhouse ribeye perfectly dry-aged on-site. Taste an array of oysters from our own gulf waters up to the shores of New England and Canada. Choose a unique steak knife that reflects your personality. Quench your thirst for originality with a personalized Prime & Pearl Bourbon or Whiskey. Whatever you do, don’t eat ordinary.
Established in 1989, Shula's Steak House started with one goal in mind - to carry on the legacy of Coach Don Shula, one of the greatest coaches in NFL history. 30 years later, we've taken that goal and run with it. We're proud to offer the highest quality steaks, fresh-caught seafood, and tantalizing sides.
Inspired by Coach
Winners are a different breed. Winners work hard, winners value the small details, and winners never cut corners.
When Coach Don Shula opened the first Shula's Steak House in 1989, he took his winning formula to a whole new level. He wanted to provide the highest quality steaks in a warm, inviting setting. There's an ethos to excellence - it doesn't matter if you're coaching an undefeated football team, or grilling up a porterhouse - we make sure we live by it.
Open seven days a week for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Brunch is available Sunday from 11am-2pm.
Live Jazz Sundays and Wednesdays
Valet parking is FREE for all guests
- SCStephanieCvipNew York / Tri-State Area •6 reviews4.0Dined 4 days agoService and cocktails were very good! Soup could have been warmer but we didn’t say anything to our server. Bit pricey for what we had but enjoyed overallMore infoCovey Kitchen + CocktailsPrice: Moderate• American• Gainesville•4.1
- LLaniOrlando / Central Florida East •3 reviews5.0Dined 7 days agoPrime & Pearl is my new favorite place to eat in Gainesville. It’s on the higher priced side of restaurants in this area but I feel the prices are fair and well worth it when the food is this good. Oysters and the excellent steaks are hallmarks of this place, as the name suggests, but the menu is full of variety for all. There are some truly special menu items and the drinks are outstanding. A nice modern atmosphere.More infoPrime & PearlPrice: Expensive• Steakhouse• Gainesville•4.7
- OTOpenTable DinerOrlando / Central Florida East •1 review5.0Dined 7 days agoOur experience at Amelia’s was very nice! We ordered the Linguine Pesto and Tortellino Alfredo which were both delicious, as well as the Caesar Salad. Our server David was very kind and we got to choose a complimentary birthday dessert.More infoAmelia's Italian CuisinePrice: Expensive• Italian• Gainesville•4
- OTOpenTable DinerOrlando / Central Florida East •1 review5.0Dined on Dec 1, 2023Wonderful service from Brandon, steaks cooked to perfection (and we had a variety of cooking temps at our table), and food allergies were acknowledged and tended to with professionalism and care. Great dining experience!More infoMark's Prime Steakhouse and Seafood - GainesvillePrice: Expensive• Steakhouse• Gainesville•4.7
- OTOpenTable DinerOrlando / Central Florida East •9 reviews5.0Dined on Nov 25, 2023Mildred’s remains one of Gainesville’s finest restaurants. The service and food are impeccable. Do not miss the desserts! We are always a little confused by the 12% tip. We always add on to make it more like our typical 20%, but we don’t know if that’s enough.More infoMildreds Big City FoodPrice: Moderate• Contemporary American• Gainesville•4.8
A Guide to the Best Date Spots in Orlando
Conversations begin on Bumble but they get even deeper IRL. When it’s time to move from direct messaging to direct eye contact, find a table for two. And to make it super easy, OpenTable and Bumble are teaming up to help you find the best date spots in your city. Find a restaurant that fits your style, whether you want drinks on a patio or a special four-course meal, OpenTable can help you choose the cuisine, seating area, and even book unique experiences with nearby restaurants. Download the Bumble app to find your match, and check the list below to find your table.
The college town of Gainesville has a great variety of restaurants, ranging from casual American eateries to high-end establishments featuring gourmet offerings. The town's wide assortment of restaurants spans from Japanese places serving sushi and udon noodle soups to steakhouses offering up NY strip steaks and loaded baked potatoes. Gainesville also has a number of casual bars and grills serving up sandwiches and hamburgers. For those looking to make a change from low-key American eateries, the town also has Italian restaurants known for bruschetta, brick oven pizza, and specialty pastas like bucatini Amatriciana. As the home to the University of Florida, Gainesville has an abundance of bars and gastropubs featuring everything from buffalo wings and nachos during football season to farm-to-table salads, pastas, and steak sandwiches.
Frequently asked questions
The best reviewed restaurant in Gainesville is Mildreds Big City Food
- Cedar Keys National Wildlife Refuge
- Keystone Beach
- Wacca Station
- Colonial Square
- Curtis M Phillips Center For The Performing Arts
- Janes Railroad Station
- Ipco Station
- Devil's Den
- Cedar Key State Museum
- Steinhatchee Wildlife Management Area
- Hydro Railroad Station
- Ironwood Golf Course
- Millhopper Square
- Manka Railroad Station
- Northside Shopping Center
- Fountain Lakes Golf Course
- Hunters Run Golf Course
- Magnolia Lake State Park Historical
- Ridgeway Village Shopping Center
- Easton Newberry Sports Complex