Saddle Ranch Chop House - Orange
20 City Blvd. West
Orange, CA 92868Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Saddle Ranch Chop House - Orange
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thesaddleranch.com/
- Phone: (657) 221-3136
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Johnny Mosquera
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Saddle Ranch Chop House offers a great catering menu for all occasions, parties, and events. Please contact us to find out more.
- Entertainment: A mechanical bull in the center of the dining room provides endless entertainment for riders and bystanders alike. Our outdoor patio features fire pits for roasting your own S'mores or enjoying a glass of wine by the fire and dozens of TV's are available for watching all of your favorite sporting events! We have everything from our Bull Contest on Mondays to Super Star Karaoke on Tuesday nights. Join us for bottomless Bloody Marys and Mimosas every day until 3:00pm or Happy Hour Monday thru Friday from 4:00pm-6:30pm.
A word from Saddle Ranch Chop House - Orange
Saddle Ranch Chop House is a destination restaurant where guests stay long after their plates have been cleared to enjoy a one-of-a-kind entertainment experience. Our concept is “Rock Meets Western”, which comes to life in every aspect of the construction, décor and operation of these unique restaurants, merging the feel of an Aspen ski lodge with the style of an old Western saloon. Every Saddle Ranch has a large outdoor patio with campfire pits for roasting s’mores or enjoying a glass of wine by the fire. Inside is a large, inviting bar and, of course, our signature mechanical bull providing endless entertainment to diners. Serving up home-style cooking and down-home hospitality, our staff will make your group feel like you are dining at a close friend’s table.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Saddle Ranch Chop House - Orange - Best Restaurants in Orange ›
Saddle Ranch Chop House - Orange reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (59)vibrant bar scene (42)hot spot (36)late-night find (30)special occasion (27)great for outdoor dining (25)great for lunch (24)fit for foodies (23)great for brunch (17)kid-friendly (16)neighborhood gem (9)romantic (3)scenic view (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014This was our second time eating here both occasion birthdays we really enjoyed the food and the ambiance is always lively the only downfall is smell when you walk in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & fun! Awesome service!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2014We went for my Granddaughters 13th Birthday, it was fun. We got to see people trying to ride a mechanical bull, the cotton candy at the end was a huge hit. Everyone from 4 to 57 enjoyed themselves!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The waitress was awsomereseDined on 11/21/2014The only thing I have an issue with is with my reservation. When one of my party guest arrived they would not let her sit because 80% of the party guest were not there. In the online reservation does not say anything about needing to have your 80% party guest with you. Also the host which was the manager was vey rude and did not even apoligized for not being told. I also had gotten a call earlier that day for my reservation confirmation. Josie from Saddle Ranch called me around 10:40am and I returned call right away and she said if I wanted to sit outside or inside, however she never mentioned anything about the 80% party guest needing to be there on arrival or else you can't sit. I would suggest if that is a polocy to mentioned it on the web site when doing reservations or when calling to confirm to mentione it. That just shows customers how un prepared a company can be and unprofessionilism from the own manager to not eve show some appreciation the customers businessSpecial Features:
- Unit LuncheonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014We had a wonderful time. We were celebrating a co-worker's birthday durning our lunch hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B+SarahDined on 11/16/2014Spent my birthday brunching at Saddle Ranch, and it was a pretty good experience. Food was great, bottomless mimosas were even better ;) Service wasn't the worst, but could have also been a lot better. I'd go back and give it another go, though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the experience at the saddle ranchnewthingsDined on 11/8/2014I made a reservation and still had to wait about 30mins... I don't even know why there's reservations .. but the waiter I had was EXCELLENT very helpful on the menu also threw out great reccomendations.. although I do not remember his name.. I wish I did! But overall it's a placed filled with exvitment.. especially for a night function with friends..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serviceBOMBdrinksDined on 11/8/2014love the fact there was no waiting my table was ready as soon as i came in instead of waiting 20 min and the waitress was great and good looking A+ using this service again..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- #firsttimernej247Dined on 11/7/2014I go to Costa Mesa Saddle Ranch a lot and have also been to Hollywood location...this being said, we did not have a great experience at the Orange location which was our first visit to this location. Ironically the poor service came from our server who claimed to work at CM location but was filling in there for the night. We ordered an app and our food at the same time. We confirmed that app would come out first and the server agreed she would. Some time later, our food starts to arrive and we thought our app would be too. Turns out she never put the app order in, she claimed she thought we were just asking about the app. but didn't really order it. Come on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/4/2014Overall experience was very good. One down fall was the price per plate. Little over priced for the plates that were served. I believe if the price per plate were dropped about 5$, it would be much better.Special Features:
- Good new spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Food was good service was great ambience was great mechanical bull was fun to watch. I have the ribeye that was cooked perfect and my friend had the filet that was tenderSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome timeDays23Dined on 10/25/2014This place was amazing. They were so accommodating to out large group, party of 20. The server was on top and ready to take our orders all night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a fun timemikeVIPDined on 10/25/2014the food, service, and atmosphere was everything as expected, we will go back another time, keep up the good workSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor servicedinnerwithfamDined on 10/18/2014Great concept very poor service. Service is the worst. Take your money and service elsewhere. Service is slow and if you need drink refills do expect any or go to the bar and get them yourself. Don't expect to get what your meal actually comes with.
- Great foodParkDined on 10/17/2014This place is very lively and the food portions are huge. Had the sampler platter and shared with wife.waitress was great.I would recommend this place to a friend .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Place to Saddle Up To!!LovelyRitaDined on 10/11/2014First time at Saddle Ranch. Very friendly and attentive staff!!! Received one of their HUGE cotton candy desserts on the house! Food was fantastic!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but.....OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2014Food is good but service seems very disorganized. Our waiter was very good where the worst thing was drink refills came a bit slow but nothing major. The big issue seemed to be in the kitchen and getting out food in a timely and correct manner. In the end the did take care of us and we will probably be back to give them another chanceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strange format for sureOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/3/2014With a name like Saddle ranch You would think it would be a western theme but it was far from it. We were shocked buy hole the entire staffs appearance Piercings, tattoos and grubby in general. Even the managers looks like gutter rats. Food was ok and service was Poor overall !
- The food thoughBosskDined on 10/1/2014The waitress was energetic and great help with deciding what to get on the menu! I got the steak mashed potatos and veggies which were all delicious. My friend got the rubbed ribs and fries which was also amazing! Their BBQ sauce for their ribs was absolutely amazing! Everything was cooked perfectly and tasted delicious. We had great service not only from out waitress but the manager came to the table unexpected and gave us the tower high cotton candy. Although I'm not a fan of cotton candy it was a nice Gester.. I've been craving the good since I've left literally!! I left my waitress double the tip I usually leaveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs Improvement3fordinnerVIPDined on 9/26/2014Food was tasty, but the service needs improvement.
- Where am I?bigbitesDined on 9/22/2014This is one confused restaurant.From the outside you see western themed decor complete with covered wagon and horses.There's even a mechanical bull ride inside.But you walk through the doors and you get the feeling you're in a Rob Zombie movie.Servers are dressed so bizzare.Cut off,holy,rolled up jeans shorts with fishnet stockings and high top Converse.Girls with multicolor hair and some wearing beanies pulled down to their eyes.I really don't understand what kind of image they're trying to portray.Seeme more like a biker bar than a western themed chop house. The service is the worst I have ever experienced and the food isn't very good either.Please spend your dining dollars somewhere else,this place is not worth visiting.
- OutstandingpurhicuppleDined on 9/20/2014Greeted by the owner, was assisted immediately even though part of my group had not yet arrived. We waited at the bar for the rest of my party and then were seated immediately. Food and drinks came promptly, food was excellent and drinks were strong. A little pricey, but the atmosphere and energy added to the great experience. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Dined here Friday night and the service was absolutely horrible. Waitress rarely came to the table to see if needed anything. She would walk right past our table without even stopping. We had to get her attention and stop her or she would walk right past us. Took almost 20 minutes to get another drink. Very unhappy.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/16/2014This was a better experience that the previous one where there were 8 of us on a Saturday night. We are all senior 60+. We were told it would be a 45 minute wait and after 2 hours of waiting we were told it would be another hour because we were such a large group. The only problem is that they let other younger groups just as large in. Needless to say we left. The food is good, but the alcohol is over priced for what you get.Special Features:
- Definite let downOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/6/2014Was hoping for the great Sunset Blvd. experience everyone talks about but instead poor service and food that was not well prepared. No one attempted to greet us or take our food order for close to 15 minutes. We tried to get the attention of the many servers and hosts that were walking around or just standing and chatting but no luck there. When we finally got our food, it was slightly warm, as if it had been sitting for a bit. I was looking forward to tasting the sweet potato casserole and in my first bite found a piece of edamame! Thank goodness it was that and not something worse! Unfortunately this place did NOT deliver. Not even the free thank you shot from the "owner" that we were given at the end of our meal. It tasted like water.
- J's ReviewGreatHotSpotDined on 9/5/2014Food and service were great! Will definitely return and recommend!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ViviDined on 9/4/2014Love the place. First time with friends from work... Everything was outstanding except for the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So much potential...NukeITDined on 8/31/2014Hate to say it but this place was a big Fail!!! Where do I start? Jumbo bufflo wings that are skinner then any model on a French Runway. A ribeye that could have been a breakfast ribeye at your local Denny's tough, chewy and over cooked. And how do you screw up cooking a baked potato?? Well they pulled it off. Undercooked hard in the center.
- birthdaychirrisDined on 8/28/2014We went to celebrate a birthday. Service very good, very attentive staff. Rode the bull. Had a great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Good service for a group but the food was very greasy. Fries were greasy and limp.Special Features:
- Horrible customer serviceAte2muchDined on 8/24/2014Our server never showed up.. Waited 20min, no drinks... Manager came and instead of asking for our drinks he went to look for the server! WALKED OUT AND LEFT... WILL NOT RETURN!!
- 2nd time aroundbirdaparadiseDined on 8/23/2014Second visit from N. CA this year, the food was as memorable as the first time, and although we did not get the waitress we had the first time...who was amazing and fun, the waiter and support staff were also great this time. We were celebrating special occasions on both visits, for us, eating outside is preferable due to the noise level inside. At our first visit this year, we dined outside in the evening, and really had no idea of the bull riding etc that was going on inside, we just knew it was a whole lot quieter outside than inside. Food is amazing, all of the wait staff we encountered were courteous, and quick to respond to requests. If you want a quieter atmosphere, eat outside, if you want the fun entertainment, eat inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014The service was extremely poor and inefficient. Having dined her before, I expected slow service, although hoped it would be better. Our waitress and her trainee failed to fulfill a simple requests and had to be flagged down multiple times as they failed to check on our table. The food is not worth the price, especially with the service they provide. The manager did check on us while we were eating and we informed him of our problems. He offered us a free dessert, even though it wasn't necessary. When the check came, we were charged for the dessert. Another manager corrected the mistake. I will not be dining here again as the quality isn't worth the price or my time. There are plenty of restaurants to choose from elsewhere.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Awesome food, great music, cool atmosphere, awesomely great placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was even worse the 2nd timeTPBRVIPDined on 8/12/2014I wrote a generally positive review the first time because although my entree was terrible, the manager apologized & removed it from the check, & offered to bring anything else. This time, we had 4 people in our party. The chicken tenders were dry and tasteless, the chili was bad, the vegetables were cold, dry and limp, & I was up most of the night with terrible nausea after eating just shrimp & half of the mashed potatoes. The manager was more defensive than apologetic when we sent the chili back, although the server apologized several times. I gave this place a second chance because of the good response to the food issue last time, but this was the last time we'll be eating at this restaurant unless the food quality improves.
- Awesome ServiceReviewerDined on 8/10/2014Food was fantastic and the service excellent. Our server Lizzie Mcquire was the best, friendly, interactive and had a great personality. Had a great conversation with John the general manager who came over, introduced himself and made sure we were enjoying our visit. John felt like a friend by the end of the conversation. The food was so tasty can't wait to go back! Couldn't ask for a better place to dine!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waited. ..jayyyyyDined on 8/10/2014Service took too long. Felt ignored. I was only paid attention to when I was alone with my sister. Parents weren't even acknowledged. Didn't get Cotton candy. Was only asked how we were doing ONCE. So sad because it was my first time. It could've been such a fun time... Just our luck.Special Features:
- not impressed with OrangeNLGriffithDined on 8/10/2014I have been to the Costa Mesa Saddle Ranch twice and the service was excellent! We chose the Orange location because we were going to get a massage afterwards. The service was slow the tables were not cleared for at least 20 minutes after we finished our meal the only reason our drinks kept coming is because we told the waitress to add another round when she delivered one. While in the restroom another group of 3 complained they waited 30 minutes to get a drink. We spoke with the Manager and he attitude was "ok thanks for sharing" I live in Orange but I'll drive to Costa Mesa before I'd go back to the Orange location.
- Not so Happy 30th Birthday!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014I have never visited a Saddle Ranch but heard good reviews from friends about the Hollywood location so I booked a reservation. I arrived at t 7:30pm for my 8pm reservation but was not seated until 9:30pm after everyone in my party complained to the staff we kept being told our table was being cleaned.finally we where seated in a small cramped booth and placed our drink orders which after 30 minutes came back wrong.We voiced our concerns with the owner who offered us a free bull ride and desert but I had already brought a cake that it took them about an hour to bring out stating they could not find it. We recieved our food which we ordered the same time as our drinks around 10:30pm and immediately asked for to go boxes and the check.
- Great Food but VERY NoisySoCalNativeDined on 8/9/2014First, it's hard to find - buried deep in an outlet mall. Though there were a lot of diners waiting for tables, we had made a reservation and were seated immediately. Unfortunately our table was pushed up to the railing of the mechanical bull! It wasn't in use when we sat down, but when it got going not only did people start screaming, they "bellied up" to our table - literally. I had to ask some to please take one step backward as their clothing was touching my plate!!! Other than that, the food was quite good, though a bit overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- notafanDined on 8/8/2014Great place if you just want to have drinks but was disappointed in the quality of the food. The chicken wings were dry. The veggies they served with the hummus were wilted and looked like leftovers from someone else's plate. The pits chips for the artichoke spinach dip were stale. Would only go back to have drinks.