Saddle Ranch Chop House - Orange
20 City Blvd. West
Orange, CA 92868Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Saddle Ranch Chop House - Orange
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thesaddleranch.com/
- Phone: 6572213136x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Johnny Mosquera
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Saddle Ranch Chop House offers a great catering menu for all occasions, parties, and events. Please contact us to find out more.
- Entertainment: A mechanical bull in the center of the dining room provides endless entertainment for riders and bystanders alike. Our outdoor patio features fire pits for roasting your own S'mores or enjoying a glass of wine by the fire and dozens of TV's are available for watching all of your favorite sporting events! We have everything from our Bull Contest on Mondays to Super Star Karaoke on Tuesday nights. Join us for bottomless Bloody Marys and Mimosas every day until 3:00pm or Happy Hour Monday thru Friday from 4:00pm-6:30pm.
A word from Saddle Ranch Chop House - Orange
Saddle Ranch Chop House is a destination restaurant where guests stay long after their plates have been cleared to enjoy a one-of-a-kind entertainment experience. Our concept is “Rock Meets Western”, which comes to life in every aspect of the construction, décor and operation of these unique restaurants, merging the feel of an Aspen ski lodge with the style of an old Western saloon. Every Saddle Ranch has a large outdoor patio with campfire pits for roasting s’mores or enjoying a glass of wine by the fire. Inside is a large, inviting bar and, of course, our signature mechanical bull providing endless entertainment to diners. Serving up home-style cooking and down-home hospitality, our staff will make your group feel like you are dining at a close friend’s table.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Saddle Ranch Chop House - Orange - Best Restaurants in Orange ›
Saddle Ranch Chop House - Orange reviews from OpenTable diners
141 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (79)vibrant bar scene (61)late-night find (55)hot spot (51)great for outdoor dining (49)special occasion (47)great for lunch (32)great for brunch (28)fit for foodies (24)kid-friendly (24)neighborhood gem (20)romantic (6)scenic view (6)notable wine list (5)Show More
- Definite let downOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/6/2014Was hoping for the great Sunset Blvd. experience everyone talks about but instead poor service and food that was not well prepared. No one attempted to greet us or take our food order for close to 15 minutes. We tried to get the attention of the many servers and hosts that were walking around or just standing and chatting but no luck there. When we finally got our food, it was slightly warm, as if it had been sitting for a bit. I was looking forward to tasting the sweet potato casserole and in my first bite found a piece of edamame! Thank goodness it was that and not something worse! Unfortunately this place did NOT deliver. Not even the free thank you shot from the "owner" that we were given at the end of our meal. It tasted like water.
- J's ReviewGreatHotSpotDined on 9/5/2014Food and service were great! Will definitely return and recommend!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ViviDined on 9/4/2014Love the place. First time with friends from work... Everything was outstanding except for the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So much potential...NukeITDined on 8/31/2014Hate to say it but this place was a big Fail!!! Where do I start? Jumbo bufflo wings that are skinner then any model on a French Runway. A ribeye that could have been a breakfast ribeye at your local Denny's tough, chewy and over cooked. And how do you screw up cooking a baked potato?? Well they pulled it off. Undercooked hard in the center.
- birthdaychirrisDined on 8/28/2014We went to celebrate a birthday. Service very good, very attentive staff. Rode the bull. Had a great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Good service for a group but the food was very greasy. Fries were greasy and limp.Special Features:
- Horrible customer serviceAte2muchDined on 8/24/2014Our server never showed up.. Waited 20min, no drinks... Manager came and instead of asking for our drinks he went to look for the server! WALKED OUT AND LEFT... WILL NOT RETURN!!
- 2nd time aroundbirdaparadiseDined on 8/23/2014Second visit from N. CA this year, the food was as memorable as the first time, and although we did not get the waitress we had the first time...who was amazing and fun, the waiter and support staff were also great this time. We were celebrating special occasions on both visits, for us, eating outside is preferable due to the noise level inside. At our first visit this year, we dined outside in the evening, and really had no idea of the bull riding etc that was going on inside, we just knew it was a whole lot quieter outside than inside. Food is amazing, all of the wait staff we encountered were courteous, and quick to respond to requests. If you want a quieter atmosphere, eat outside, if you want the fun entertainment, eat inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014The service was extremely poor and inefficient. Having dined her before, I expected slow service, although hoped it would be better. Our waitress and her trainee failed to fulfill a simple requests and had to be flagged down multiple times as they failed to check on our table. The food is not worth the price, especially with the service they provide. The manager did check on us while we were eating and we informed him of our problems. He offered us a free dessert, even though it wasn't necessary. When the check came, we were charged for the dessert. Another manager corrected the mistake. I will not be dining here again as the quality isn't worth the price or my time. There are plenty of restaurants to choose from elsewhere.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Awesome food, great music, cool atmosphere, awesomely great placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was even worse the 2nd timeTPBRVIPDined on 8/12/2014I wrote a generally positive review the first time because although my entree was terrible, the manager apologized & removed it from the check, & offered to bring anything else. This time, we had 4 people in our party. The chicken tenders were dry and tasteless, the chili was bad, the vegetables were cold, dry and limp, & I was up most of the night with terrible nausea after eating just shrimp & half of the mashed potatoes. The manager was more defensive than apologetic when we sent the chili back, although the server apologized several times. I gave this place a second chance because of the good response to the food issue last time, but this was the last time we'll be eating at this restaurant unless the food quality improves.
- Awesome ServiceReviewerDined on 8/10/2014Food was fantastic and the service excellent. Our server Lizzie Mcquire was the best, friendly, interactive and had a great personality. Had a great conversation with John the general manager who came over, introduced himself and made sure we were enjoying our visit. John felt like a friend by the end of the conversation. The food was so tasty can't wait to go back! Couldn't ask for a better place to dine!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waited. ..jayyyyyDined on 8/10/2014Service took too long. Felt ignored. I was only paid attention to when I was alone with my sister. Parents weren't even acknowledged. Didn't get Cotton candy. Was only asked how we were doing ONCE. So sad because it was my first time. It could've been such a fun time... Just our luck.Special Features:
- not impressed with OrangeNLGriffithDined on 8/10/2014I have been to the Costa Mesa Saddle Ranch twice and the service was excellent! We chose the Orange location because we were going to get a massage afterwards. The service was slow the tables were not cleared for at least 20 minutes after we finished our meal the only reason our drinks kept coming is because we told the waitress to add another round when she delivered one. While in the restroom another group of 3 complained they waited 30 minutes to get a drink. We spoke with the Manager and he attitude was "ok thanks for sharing" I live in Orange but I'll drive to Costa Mesa before I'd go back to the Orange location.
- Not so Happy 30th Birthday!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014I have never visited a Saddle Ranch but heard good reviews from friends about the Hollywood location so I booked a reservation. I arrived at t 7:30pm for my 8pm reservation but was not seated until 9:30pm after everyone in my party complained to the staff we kept being told our table was being cleaned.finally we where seated in a small cramped booth and placed our drink orders which after 30 minutes came back wrong.We voiced our concerns with the owner who offered us a free bull ride and desert but I had already brought a cake that it took them about an hour to bring out stating they could not find it. We recieved our food which we ordered the same time as our drinks around 10:30pm and immediately asked for to go boxes and the check.
- Great Food but VERY NoisySoCalNativeDined on 8/9/2014First, it's hard to find - buried deep in an outlet mall. Though there were a lot of diners waiting for tables, we had made a reservation and were seated immediately. Unfortunately our table was pushed up to the railing of the mechanical bull! It wasn't in use when we sat down, but when it got going not only did people start screaming, they "bellied up" to our table - literally. I had to ask some to please take one step backward as their clothing was touching my plate!!! Other than that, the food was quite good, though a bit overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- notafanDined on 8/8/2014Great place if you just want to have drinks but was disappointed in the quality of the food. The chicken wings were dry. The veggies they served with the hummus were wilted and looked like leftovers from someone else's plate. The pits chips for the artichoke spinach dip were stale. Would only go back to have drinks.
- Awesome Experience!!stepht2Dined on 8/5/2014Came to Saddle Ranch to celebrate my Birthday. Had an awesome time! Staff was very accommodating for our large party. Service was fast and food was good! You even get a free Bull Ride if it's your Birthday! Had a ton of fun..so did my 5 and 7 year old niece and nephew. We will be BACK!! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good experienceTPBRVIPDined on 8/3/2014Three of our four dishes were very good. The one that wasn't, they immediately took off our bill, apologized, and offered something else..plus the manager came by. Glitches happen with food, it is their response to a problem that is most important to me, and they handled it beautifully...I couldn't have asked for more. Try the chicken nachos, but bring a friend...huge plate!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Service EverDisappointedDined on 8/1/2014The service was the worst that I have ever experienced at a restaurant and the management's lack of care or concern was even more bother some. Will never return, I will actually recommend that people do not go there.
- I would not recommend this placemonkeybiz562Dined on 7/28/2014We thought this would be a great place to celebrate a bday. It took 5 min to be greeted by anyone. A girl offered to be our server because nobody else was. It took 40 min from the time we sat down until we received our food on a Monday night. They weren't slammed. They don't have bussers? Our table was full of dishes until the end of the meal. The mac n cheese and Prime rib were very bland. We were told they were out of baked potatoes, but the table that came in after us got received them and the fries were old. We were very thirsty because we had to wait so long for the server to come and check on us and refill our drinks. It really was a BIG dissappointment. This was our first and last time coming here.Special Features:
- Higher prices but large portions.foodielifeDined on 7/28/2014Prices were a little higher than I'd like but the portions were huge. The ribs was literally falling off the bones. Would probably only come back for Happy Hour, which unfortunately ends at 6:30p.m.Special Features:
- Need better A/C.....very HOTOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014It was very hot in there my party of 10 was all sweating all night.....the service was very slow we waited a very long time to get our check ,we had to ask for it twice and never brought us the biscuits or muffins until after we asked for them after our food was finally served... Food was really good but service was very slowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time will be my last timeidislikethisstakeplace4Dined on 7/25/2014I did not enjoy being at this place. They took forever and they confused my order, took so long to get it and whats worse is they were training others and didnt ask if i needed anything. What i also was innapropriate , seeing a manger discuss a guest problem in front of everybody. Very horrible way to handle a guest complaint.Special Features:
- 50/50birthdaygirl46Dined on 7/25/2014I brought my family for the first time for my birthday in the beginnng it was great no issues everything seem to be fine. 3/4 of dinner we had not seen our waitress. All of us needed driks were mty. 15 turns to 20 minutes so I had to get up and did my families refils. The manager walked by and I advised him that I am having to do my own refrills and laughed it off. So that just really upset me seeing he truly didnt care. Finally another waitress came and introduced herself said I previous waitress left home for the day. Unbelievable.Special Features:
- Can't countMarie123456789Dined on 7/24/2014I guess what really made me mad was we paid with cash for the bill and then we waited around for our rest of the money for like 30mins to leave tip. She then came back asking if we needed anything else I said the money and she was O I thought that was my tip??? Really an 18buck tip the bill was only 40 bucks 15% is 6 bucks.
- BrunchbrunchloverDined on 7/20/2014Brunch at the Saddle Ranch was disappointing. We sat outside. The outdoor pot stoves were on. It created for an extremely HOT environment. We even tried to change seats twice but could not get away from the heat. The menu had sticky pink stuff all over it. The chair was even dirty that I sat on. I had to ask the server 3 times for water. My mimosa came out warm and was mainly juice NOT champagne. When the food came out, my breakfast sandwich had the cheese on the side...never asked for it on the side! It was okay. Overall, not impressed.
- Alt7576Dined on 7/19/2014Place was fun! The service ruined it especially for the amount of money we spent, if was not for the manager who came to our servers aid, we would have got up and left. I normally never say anything because I dont like to get people in trouble but it was bad. Also we rode the bull which was a blast but the girl who signed us up to do it was really pushy. We had to tell her several times we would do it when we are ready but she kept coming to our table asking if we were ready yet. It was just very annoying. The food was good but again we spent a ton of money and the service we recieved was so poor not so sure if I will go back.Special Features:
- Great placetwirl23Dined on 7/19/2014The food was so yummy! Our server was terrific. Paid just the right amount of attention. The manger was awesome as well! She was out working the floor and spending a few minutes talking to all the tables. I'm really particular about service and I have to say that the staff was all very nice and clearly well trained. Really good atmosphere. Fun place to go with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014We had 9 pm reservations, checked in, guy told us it would be a few minutes, 25 minutes later i asked him what was going on and he called someone over his headpiece and said 'you never sat the party of 8.' We got seated about 5 min later. Service was ok, nothing exceptional. Food was fair, nothing stood out as really good. It was good for our big group, we were celebrating a bday, fun ambience and mostly bar scene as the night progressed. I wouldnt go back or recommend the place.Special Features:
- EEhhh!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014The food was ok. The drinks were bomb dot com. Not a very family friendly restuarant more of a fun night with friends kind of vibe. The waitress was very friendly but I felt forgotten at times which was kind of frustrating I felt she payed more attention to her coworkers at the bar that were drinking than the actual customers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy in OrangeGuyin714Dined on 7/14/2014We tried to go on a weekend and it was a three hour wait. Used opentable for a Monday night reservation and it was fast. Food is on the better side of ok but nothing we had really stood out. Desserts look really cool here. Huge cotton candy and the cook your own s'mores looked fun. Have drinks and watch people ride the mechanical bull. It was great how the operator knew just what angle to put certain people wearing revealing clothes. Haha my wife and I could not stop laughingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great specialsdadorkknightDined on 7/13/2014Everyone loved the bottomless mimosas. We were there for the world cup and though the game went into over time. They still kept the promotion going. We were in a less noisy corner, but there were alot of flies. The food was great, especially the sloppy joe's.Special Features:
- Loved this placeLovetodineoutDined on 7/12/2014There were 4 in our party and we were so impressed with the food and the great service. We loved how everyone helped each other out so they shared the service responsibility to make sure everything was great. The food was excellent, especially the beef dip, the barbecued ribs, the cornbread and the mini biscuits. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food; questionable serviceGoodFoodnServicePleaseDined on 7/12/2014The place was busy, but they have a lot of servers so it seemed like it shouldn't be a problem. After our server took our drink order she disappeared for a long period before finally bring drinks. Was very helpful when taking our dinner order, but after disappearing again came back to notify us that some other server was going to be taking over our station. She didn't introduce us to the new server, just complained about management and left. New server shows up, does a great job getting drinks refilled, but when our dinners show up, one was missed; The baby back ribs. Manager came over to apologize and expedited the order, but didn't comp anything. We just had one diner eating their meal after we were all done.Special Features:
- Jack Daniel's sauce wanna beOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Please don't call it Jack Daniel's sauce when it's nowhere close to the original!!!! Everything else was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceDineDined on 7/10/2014The service was great until I asked for the check, after that I did not see my server anymore. After 10 min of waiting someone else brought our check, and no one came to collected after that. Thank God I payed cashSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Re12345Dined on 7/9/2014Great Food, Fun Environment, Good First Date Restaurant. The Block Location was great, you have the movies and shops to walk around after eating your belly full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Good First ExperiencemchavezDined on 7/8/2014We had a great experience at the Saddle Ranch. Good atmosphere, great service, good noise level for toddlers and kids, really good food, very friendly staff and appears to have potential for a good night life. I good recommend them for a good dinner on a weeknight, haven't been there on a weekend so I cant comment. Definitely worth a shot, might fit your needs. We're definitely going back...... with friends this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeDebsDined on 7/8/2014Vanessa our waitress took amazing care of us. We keep coming back cuz the food is great and the ambiance is chill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.