1453 Larimer Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.osteriamarco.com/
- Phone: 3035345855
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Monday - Thursday 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Frank Bonanno & Jean-Philippe Failyau
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private and semi-private dining for parties up to 35 guests for seated events and up to 50 for standing receptions. Full restaurant buyouts are available for parties up to 200 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Emily Schwartz 3035251702
A word from Osteria Marco
Osteria Marco is a very social, artisan-style pizzeria in the heart of Larimer Square. The exposed brick dining room is lined with bottles from our exclusively Italian wine list, which features nearly one hundred labels priced under fifty dollars per bottle. We roast the lamb, pork and beef for our panini right in the dining room and craft the cheeses and charcuterie from or salumi bar in house. Osteria Marco has all the amenities of a fine-dining establishment--excellent service, beautiful food, fabulous surroundings--but priced for the more casual, social diner.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Osteria Marco - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Osteria Marco reviews from OpenTable diners
312 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (198)notable wine list (140)special occasion (123)neighborhood gem (113)good for groups (105)romantic (104)hot spot (90)great for lunch (69)great for outdoor dining (63)vibrant bar scene (39)late-night find (26)kid-friendly (16)great for brunch (10)scenic view (7)Show More
- Favorite Larimer Square restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/14/2014This has become our favorite Larimer Square place to eat. Everything is delicious, especially the homemade burrata- best I've ever had. They also have a great selection of Italian wines by the glass. All reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliciousGogginsDined on 9/14/2014I made a reservation for an early dinner on Sunday and was exceptionally pleased yet again. Whenever I'm downtown, this is my mainstay, particularly after Bonanno Brothers pizzeria closed in Park Meadows. This is seriously one of the best places to get a pizza in Denver and is hands down the best place to get a cheese plate. The burrata is incomparable. I love this place and I love their food.Special Features:
- Great place for Sunday brunchCNJNGoldenDined on 9/14/2014Excellent menu exceeded only by the preparation and presentation. The service staff is very attentive and waits the appropriate time between courses. Much to our delight, the food came delicately seasoned like it's country of origin and at the perfect temperature.Special Features:
- Wonderful meal!SusiqVIPDined on 9/13/2014We've been here a number of times and generally get the same things we love them so much but this time we listened to the waitress and got the calamari...OMG! Delicious! We didn't regret that choice!!! So good. It was really a salad with calamari on it. The dressing was amazing and my husband usually doesn't like vinegar dressings but he loved this. It had an orangey-citrus tone to the taste...yummy. I also had the bread pudding dessert...and I'd have it again...everything in fact!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okLMALADined on 9/12/2014I came here one other time and liked it much better the first time. This time I was not terribly impressed. They had changed the best salad, beets with arugula and goat cheese, and it wasn't good. Had the grilled artichoke which was hard and undercooked. Olives app should have been a mix of olives but it was one kind only and very salty. Pizza with house sausage lacked flavor. Short rib itself was OK but the polenta served with it was terrible. Service was very average. I might have to skip this place next time.
- GoodDenverGrrrrrlDined on 9/11/2014Not as stellar as usual - busy and the service was a little inattentive for a Thursday. Otherwise the food was very good. Other than a minor flaw of slow service, not a huge deal. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pizza in Mile High CityTRdiningVIPDined on 9/7/2014Came recommended and was definitely not a disappointment...simple ambiance but very complex yet subtle notes in the food sampled. The pizzas are a must and so is the calamari. Some of the best pizza I've had in a while. A perfect lunch or before the game spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatkurtcooksDined on 9/6/2014Osteria Marco has always been a fun and relaxing dinning experience . Upon arrival for our seven o'clock reservation we were promptly escorted to a cozy little table for two in the east dinning room. We were greeted by Megan with menus,wine list and water.Soon after we ordered a bottle of wine and our food. An appetizer of Burrata and crostini was the perfect way to start off our meal. Salads were next,with my wife choosing the panzanella my choice was the beet salad.Both were very large so, we ended up taking home about half.We also ordered the crab fonduta. It was delicious hot melding of crab meat and cheeses served with bread. It's rich!we finished with a Margaritta pizza that was almost as good as pizza in Italy .Special Features:
- Fun, not the bestMParpDined on 9/6/2014We've had superior experiences here in the past, but this time things fell just a little short. I will say that our server was top-notch—friendly, attentive, and available without being pushy. I had hoped that someone might acknowledge our anniversary as I'd put notes about this in our reservation through OpenTable, but maybe it didn't translate. The pizza wasn't as delightfully charred, crisp, and flavorful as we remembered, but the Burrata cheese and calamari were very good.Special Features:
- always a good mealLoveDenverrestaurantsDined on 9/6/2014My third time and the food and service were great.Special Features:
- Nice experienceKBarMVIPDined on 9/3/2014Both food and wine by the glass were very nice. House made pulled pork was terrific, braised artichoke was quite good. I viewed the calimari as a miss--flavor profile was sweet and kind of Asian rather than Mediterranean.Special Features:
- Great value, good foodNiniDined on 9/3/2014Our excellent waiter recommended two delicious appetizers that paired well together. Their house-made goat ricotta reminded us of our time in southern Italy. The spare rib was wonderfully tender and flavorful while the lamb meatballs were in a simple red sauce that tasted just like my Italian grandma's Sunday gravy. The margarita pizza was our only "disappointment." With shredded motzarella, it was far from traditional, however, our 6 year-old still gave it two thumbs up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pizza and wineKarenFVIPDined on 9/1/2014The antipasti of artichokes, panzanella and calamari were wonderful but the pizza was exquisite. The Mediterranean pizza was one of the best pizzas I've ever had, including pizza in Italy. The wine list is all Italian and we had a great verdicchio. Prices were a bit high but food was well worth it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was goodLolabrunchDined on 8/31/2014Makings of a good restaurant. Several things need to be better. I say closer to the tables next to me than I did my wife across the table. This kind of deserves a relaxed setting where you can enjoy your wine. Service was not good, a waitress poring wine for the table next to us actually had a napkin in her back pocket that dragged across our food. Our waitress messed up our order and we sat for 20 min between wine, antipasto and dinner. Good food bad experience.Special Features:
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014Always a great time here, great food and staff. Good beer and wine selection and the meat and cheese plate is the best.Special Features:
- love this place.LerxstDined on 8/30/2014Great little italian place in the heart of denver. Everything on the menu is delicious. Fantastic feel to the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- family outingkevoskiDined on 8/30/2014I visited the restaurant on a Saturday night with a party of 7. The service was outstanding and so was the quality of the food.I will return on my next visit to Denver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitress was grumpyNMNativeDined on 8/30/2014Osteria Marco was recommended by a friend -he said it was the best pizza ever!! We made a reservation for a late night dinner while in town. The food was pretty good - I'll give them that. But when our pizza came and it was not what we ordered, the waitress actually came to our table to explain that she had not made a mistake and even showed me the paper she had written our order on. I asked if perhaps she could have misunderstood the order since it was quite loud in the restaurant. She refused to take the blame and even invited us to leave the restaurant if we weren't happy. Wow! We weren't even that angry and a simple apology would have been enough to get us back on track. Too bad the delicious dinner was ruined by a grumpy wait person.Special Features:
- fantastic as alwaysJamielynnj21VIPDined on 8/30/2014another delicious meal at osteria marco! Delicious food, tried the fried green tomatoes for the first time and they were out of this world! Brought more first timers with us again and they all loved it as well.Special Features:
- Good FoodRandLDined on 8/29/2014Both the food and the service were good however not an easy place to talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy casualMuffinDined on 8/29/2014We were seated timely and upon arrival greeted with champagne for our anniversary celebration. Our water Ben was very friendly and attentive. We felt like anyone could enjoy an evening there, having been seated next to two couples but close to a fsmily with younger children. Our meal options were perfectly portioned and demonstrated great care and taste.:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but cold.Daughter2intownDined on 8/28/2014The food was very good and the service was fine as well. The air conditioning was set very low and it was very uncomfortable. I strongly suggest bringing a jacket or sweater. We did like the feel of the restaurant and the wine that we selected was very good at the suggestion of our server. It was a little pricey but I guess for downtown Denver it was pretty typical. We were able to find close parking and then a short walk to the restaurant. Net time we'll use the valet service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as alwaysFunwithFoodDined on 8/28/2014We have been here several times and never had a complaint. The service is always exceptional and the food superb. The fig pizza is one of my favorites and we both love the suckling pig, although we've never had anything we didn't like. The flavors are spot on and the wine recommendations are excellent choices to pair with the food. Fun for date night or with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingChrisDined on 8/25/2014Unfortunately our experience here was really disappointing. The food was amazing and the portion sizes were generous, great wine list as well. The staff, however, ruined what would have been a great experience. The only friendly employee was the girl who greeted us. The service at the bar was slow (waited 10 minutes just for a drink menu) and every interaction thereafter made us feel like we just weren't welcome. Rude, disinterested, snotty waitstaff who offered zero recommendations and could care less if we enjoyed our meal. I likely won't be back just based on how negative the whole experience was. Which is a shame since the food is really spectacular.Special Features:
- All was quite good!LovetoeatDined on 8/25/2014The tomato and basil soup is the best I have ever had. The pork was excellent and plentiful and the chocolate dessert was wonderful. My husband's dinner of Caesar salad, lamb meatballs and bread pudding was also superb. We will go back.Special Features:
- Dinner outmakesreservationsDined on 8/24/2014Great atmosphere - friendly, attentive staff and great food. Very enjoyable place to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekBowWowDined on 8/24/2014I asked for water, 3 empty glasses came then warm water arrived. Had to ask for ice. I ordered the pulled pork. I was very salty. Ordered coffee at the end and it arrived cold. Hot coffee finally arrived after 10 minutes later. Waitress told us they brewed individual pots of regular and decaf for each patron
- Never disappointsJ4abrahamDined on 8/24/2014One of our favorite restaurants in Denver, always great food, service and drinks!Special Features:
- Great snacks.. Pizza eh..OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The appetizers and small plates are good, but when it comes to their pizza you can do better for the hype. The pizza concept and variation of their pies are good, but use an over abundance of mozzarella and ends up weakening the structure of the slice. The cell definition of the crust is good, and the taste of pizza is fine, but the rigidity of the slice is that of a string when held out straight. Also very noisy even if placed into a corner table to the point where the server had to come next to each of us to hear out order. She even said sorry.
- Burrata!BcappsDined on 8/22/2014Definitely give this restaurant a try! Especially the burrata and ciccioli!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fooddiningout2Dined on 8/22/2014Appetizers are awesome I would recommend ordering lots to shareSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/21/2014had a great experience. Food was incredible. Homemade tonic made for a terrific G&T and the staff was amazing. Will definitely re-visit this location next time in Denver!Special Features:
- Fantastic AnniversaryOmnomnomfoodDined on 8/18/2014My boyfriend and I were welcome, even though we stopped by like 30 minutes early. Our waitress gave us each a glass of prosecco on the house because I had written on my reservation that it was our anniversary. We started with the meat and cheese plate, which was excellent. We added the burrata, which was the star of the plate. My boyfriend ordered a shrimp pizza with a bacon marmalade, and it was some of the best pizza I've ever had. Crisp crust, good cheese ration, nice plump shimp. My short rib was solid, but there was a lot of sweetness on the plate. The acidity and bitterness from the salad on top helped, but there was an overwhelming sweetness between the apple and cornbread and carrots. It was still a solid meal :)Special Features:
- Interesting ItalianMemoDined on 8/12/2014We tried Osteria's for the first time on a Tuesday evening. While it took the hostess a bit to seat us and admitting she had forgotten about us, the place overall was good. We tried the chefs assortment for the meats and cheeses, it's worth a try if you're a foodie of meats and cheeses. My favorite was the chicken parm panini, I believe it to be a must try. I'dSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Osteria DenverMiamiQVIPDined on 8/10/2014Great place! Excellent food, service- just all-around great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!swissmiss007VIPDined on 8/8/2014We joined another couple for dinner here and were very happy with our choice of restaurant. Two of us ordered the lamb meatballs with polenta. We both agreed it was an outstanding dish and I would certainly go back just to have that dish again! The two guys ordered pizzas and found them excellent as well. The restaurant has a great wine list with many excellent, reasonably priced choices. That is definitely a plus as we are often annoyed at restaurants with mostly expensive, overpriced wine choices. The only thing that was a bit disappointing was the caesar salad. It was good, but not great like all the other things that we ordered. Overall, we really loved this spot and we will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- Family VisitChachaDined on 8/8/2014I had family come in from out of town and brought them to Osteria Marco. They have traveled extensively and loved this restaurant. It reminded them of meals in Europe and we enjoyed our evening together. Great place to bring anyone to impress.Special Features:
- Osteria MarcoJennWDined on 8/7/2014As ALWAYS Osteria Marco exceeds expectations. They are my "go-to" :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BurrattaMonkeyfufuDined on 8/3/2014The burratta was and is the best thing on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect spot for a late lunchLuvRetirementVIPDined on 8/2/2014We wandered up too late to sit outside (our preference), but thoroughly enjoyed our spot in the lower level dining room. We shared a Caesar Salad and a margherita Pizza, which was perfect for lunch. Our server recommended the Carparzo Brunello which went perfectly with our meal. She was very nice and gave us all the time we needed. Definitely will return when next we are in Denver.Special Features: