6001 Winter Haven Rd NW
Albuquerque, NM 87120Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kitchinaabq.com/
- Phone: 5055037327
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: John Haas
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: M'Tucci's Kitchina will be catering off-site parties.
A word from M'Tucci's Kitchina
M’Tucci’s Kitchina is a friendly, comfortable, lively Italian restaurant, passionate about our food and making your dining experience one to remember. We strive to produce serious food, in a warm environment It’s a place for people to gather, eat, talk, laugh and meet their neighbors. Kitchina is a celebration of the sweet life. We want our guests to know our restaurant as a place they want to be for pure enjoyment and wonderful Italian food. It’s relaxed, and creatively designed. We are open every day for lunch starting at 11AM. The kitchen closes at 10PM on weekdays and 11PM on Friday and Saturday. We close the kitchen at 9PM on Sunday. We have a full bar, a very interesting wine selection and everything is moderately priced. Our bar stays open later than our kitchen if there are people who want to hang out for a while.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
M'Tucci's Kitchina - Best Restaurants in Albuquerque ›
M'Tucci's Kitchina reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (37)fit for foodies (29)special occasion (18)great for lunch (14)good for groups (14)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (6)romantic (6)hot spot (6)great for outdoor dining (5)notable wine list (4)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Fantasticg2InAbqDined on 9/17/2014Inventive, delightful, and always delicious. Every item on the menu is a hit.Special Features:
- Definitely worth the trippipesmokeVIPDined on 9/12/2014The server was fantastic. My wife thought her fish dish was average. My dish was above average. There needs to be better specials than the usual pork. It is time to change up the menu. If not, the decline will begin.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2014Couldn't wait to go back a second time! The atmosphere is bright and cheerful and the service good with excellent oversight by the owners. My pork Bolognese was the best I've had anywhere, including Italy. The Gorgonzola salad was generous with crisp lettuce and the dressing creamy and zestful. I can usually pass on desserts, but not here with the Italian Twinkie and the Italian Moon Pie.Special Features:
- kitchen not preparedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014had reservation at 7pm on a Saturday, and ran out of chicken! How does that happen? Several in party thought food was so-so, but couple months ago food was excellent. Might have to try one more time, but poor experience this time
- Real Italian FoodBJinNMDined on 8/30/2014With delicate flavors and excellent homemade pastas, M'Tucci's Kitchina is a great find in a strip mall on a highly traveled main road on the West Side of Albuquerque. I had the seafood cannelloni which was light and flavorful. BJ had the spaghettini with wild mushrooms and truffle oil. The portions were sensible, leaving enough room for an appetizer of baked Brie with apples and strawberries. We had room for dessert but had that at home. The bread was also delicious but you have to ask for it at $3 with enough for four people. The cost was very reasonable. Conversation was easy since the noise level was well below what we find in the average restaurant. There was outdoor seating. Service was excellent and the owners came out to talkSpecial Features:
- Great, as usualAnnDDined on 8/29/2014This is one of our favorites in town. The food is always consistently great. We like to sit at the bar to eat and the bar staff is wonderful. We finally had dessert, the Twinkie, out of this world.Special Features:
- blueboy011Dined on 8/22/2014We were a group of eight which may have had some bearing on the fact that the two orders Swordfish arrived only luke warm and quickly turned cold. Others at the table seemed delighted with their entrees and vowed to return to M'Tucci's again. We all sampled the meatballs and sausages and I believe either of those will be my entrée choice in future.Special Features:
- Noise LevelSusanLarryDined on 8/16/2014I enjoyed the food very much, however, the noise level was very high. It was hard to hear across the table. So many restaurants do not do anything to alleviate the noise. Having an acoustical ceiling and maybe some soft wall hangings might help.Special Features:
- M'Tucci's breadOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014Appetizer of a sliced tomato on a bed of arugala with a dollop of buratta was too expensive! It would have been a good dining experience except for one major gaffe. We wanted bread with our appetizer and the waitress told us the bread basket comes with 5 pieces but there were six of us so she had us order two servings of bread. SERIOUSLY???? They charge for bread at an Italian restaurant?? And with 6 people paying for meals (around $200), couldn't the waitress have thrown in one more lousy piece of bread!!!???? It left a terrible impression on us and all 6 of us said we would hesitate going back. Amazing how one cheap mistake changes the whole experience. This waitress was good otherwise but she should have used her head-Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nyerDined on 8/8/2014Excellent food, great service .... best Italian restaurant in Albuquerque!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ABQ is lucky having this restaurantfoodiemissingDCDined on 7/26/2014I loved the grilled lamb chops, rubbed with coffee. Garlic potatoes perfect - not too salty or garlicky - just tasty. my companion was not as keen on the saffron seafood risotto but I thought that too was delicious. terrific cucumber 'pasta' salad.Special Features:
- Great experience every time!JulesDined on 7/25/2014We have enjoyed our meal every time we've dined! We have celebrated a birthday and Valentines Day at M'Tucci's and dinners with friends! We will keep coming back! Best Italian spot in Albuquerque!Special Features:
- AnonReviewerAnonreviewerDined on 7/22/2014M'tucci's has wonderful food, energy, and a fun, eclectic ambience. I'm so glad there's still somewhere you can feel the owner's committment to excellent food and customer experience - unlike chain restaurants. It's not too loud, so you can actually hear the conversation with your dinner companions. This place is alive (and did I forget to mention that the food is fabulous!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly Surpised!40sRfabulousDined on 7/12/2014After being totally forgotten about after we were seated and had to ask the hostess to send someone to our table it tuned out to be an amazing meal. My boyfriend got the half rotisserie chicken. I got the ribbon pasta with chicken and mushrooms. Both were amazing!! Service is disorganized (we never got a waiter until we asked after 10 minutes of sitting and waiting), had to wait for our waiter to tend to us after we finished our meals, and our cappuccino we ordered with dessert didn't arrive till our dessert was finished. Maybe additional training needed, maybe more staff? Food made up for it and we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently fabulousJAMDDined on 7/11/2014This is a great locally owned reataurant with fresh homemade food. They are always friendly and the service is prompt but the atmosphere is never rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italiang2InAbqDined on 7/6/2014On the West side, this is the only place to go for Italian. Good food, great place to meet friends and enjoy fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long waitFoodjunkieDined on 7/5/2014We were a large group, 10, and it took quite awhile to get our food. Our orders were all correct. I had seen a photo of a dessert that said "Happy Birthday" on it. I assumed they would give a dessert for our birthday person. When I told the waiter it was his 20th Birthday and what could be done for him he said"Tell him Happy Birthday". Other high end restaraunts give a complimentary dessert. So a bit of a disappointment. The food was good and portions were fine. I ordered a full grilled vegetable salad and it was big enough to share with 3 other people. My husband had the seared duck breast and it was the best duck I have had in Albuquerque. My daughter had the pappardelle with chicken and mushrooms. It too was delicious. Dessert was great.Special Features:
- Good foodChowtimeDined on 6/28/2014The food is great! The happy hour vodka drinks are a great change from the norm. I would suggest anything with polenta or the Xmas pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food!ayakoDined on 6/27/2014This place is one of our favorite restaurants. What's great is it is only 3 minutes from our house! The only drawback is marinara sauce was quite salty in my opinion, the rest is outstanding!Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014I didn't like Kitchina and although I live in Taylor Ranch, would not recommend it. For one, it is VERY loud with terrible acoustics. Feels like a warehouse. I used to be married to an Italian and was a northern Italian gourmet cook at one time. Food was just average and somewhat disappointing. Nothing to write home about. I really cannot select anything from category 2.Special Features:
- Great Resturantbadkins42Dined on 6/19/2014We have eaten at M'Tucci's several times and have never been disappointed. The food is excellent and the service is outstanding. This is a our go to place when we want a great meal.Special Features:
- fun, reasonably priced dinner spotbarryVIPDined on 6/17/2014Name ought to be KITCHina - eclectic doesn't get it. The menu follows along - a bit of Italian in a SW setting. The waiter is a kick and a character and his recommendations terrific. i loved the mista salad; my wife the roasted veggie; our friends split the strawberry and roquefort salad -everyone quite pleased. The fish special was terrific as always; two of us were quite happy with our individual pizzas; my wife once again enjoyed her roasted half-chicken. Desserts - moon pie and tira misu were excellent and the Van Rixel Brothers' offerings excellent as always. The food was good; the setting just fine; we had a good time, a very satisfactory dinner and thought it was reasonably priced for value received. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner ReviewWinemakerDined on 6/16/2014We were looking for a nice place to have our anniversary dinner and this fit the bill. The atmosphere and service were very good. The food was excellent . Well stocked full bar. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- jimgoodfellaDined on 6/14/2014Finest northern Italian food in albuquerque. Quality impeccable. This is authentic Italian food. Creative dishes. It is my new fave. From the appetizer to the main course and finishing up with the desert. Hey albuquerque give this place a try and you too would be hooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Excellent...pipesmokeVIPDined on 6/13/2014Want the best Italian and other food. This is the place! Reservations are a mustSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suzanne's BirthdayJohnDined on 6/7/2014Last year we came to Kitchina for the first time and by the time we finished dinner Suzie said that this is where she wanted her birthday party. Months and months go by and finally this Saturday night we had her party. Eight of our best friends, excellent service, great wines and then, OMG, the food. Half the guests had the veal special, others had other favorites. Our friends were all sending high compliments and moaning over how good each part of their meals were. From antipastos through salads and entrees oh, and then the deserts it was all excellent. I payed the total bill and with everything as great as it was the cost was very reasonable. Eat there ! Eat there often !! John Di.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood find!FavoriteVIPDined on 6/7/2014This was our first dining experience at M'Tucci's Kitchina, and it was great! The food and service were both great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to DineJohnboyDined on 5/30/2014Server was knowledgeable with the food, drinks, and specials. He was attentive and took care of our needs. The food was served on schedule and was warm and tasty. Drinks were delivered to us as we waited in the lobby to be seated. Perfect wait time. Great place to dine out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food on the West Side of ABQDrDollyDined on 5/29/2014Not expecting the food to be that good! Surprise! Food was great! Not that crowded for lunch. Has an interesting wine list. We had a party of 6 that grew to 8 over the course of lunch and restaurant was very accommodating in seating and bringing late orders quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/26/2014Prices were high mediocre portions pay extra for bread which most Italian restaurants give for free.
- Yummy but slowOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2014I don't mind slow dining myself but I think the group I was with is used to quick food turnaround so they were not impressed. Inside decor needs some help but who cares when the choices of food are so unique and tasty. The Calamari was superb and the Hanger steak was delicious as well. It was a busy Saturday night so I would still give it another shot. Nice to have something a little more upscale (food wise) on the West Side. It's about time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 86 reviews are from the M'Tucci's Kitchina reviews archive.
- Excellent food!luvgoodfoodDined on 5/18/2014Very good Italian food, fresh & quality ingredients. Home made pasta is superb. Husband and I enjoyed the dishes we got. 1/2 rotisserie chicken is to die for. Minor set back is: bread is not offered. It costs $3 to get a basket of delicious bread- worth it at the end, but annoying at first. They have good selection of wines. Service is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mother's Day!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014Great meal on Mother's Day! This is one of our favorite spots for happy hour and apps, so it was my first thought on where I wanted to go for Mother's Day dinner. Even my kids LOVED it!Special Features:
- A neighborhood casual gem.FoodieinTusDined on 5/11/2014Food is very good, service is spotty. I humbly suggest training young servers to serve each guest and NOT reach across the table to set or pick up plates. Also, do not remove plates until all guests at the table are finished eating. Again, the food was delicious, eggplant Parmesan and meatballs and spagetti could have been served warmer. The salmon special was delicious along with the superb polenta. Wine list is conducive to the menu, with several enjoyable and approachable bottles to choose from. Bar is friendly and cute! Bread was not available on Mothers Day dinner... A bit of a disappointment but not tragic as our server provided a complimentary dessert...nice touch. I plan to return for warmer food, better trained servers. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian in townchefvDined on 5/11/2014We eat here often , and have NEVER had a bad meal. Pasta is cooked perfectly. grilled salads are amazing, pizza perfect. LOve LOve LOve . Katie and Jeff.Special Features:
- Nice PlacetlsabqDined on 5/11/2014We found this place online. We were able to get a reservation for six (3 adults and 3 kids) on short notice on Mother's Day through Open Table. Service was very good and the food was also very good. The management seemed to be very involved. They were pretty "kid friendly" except that they did not have a kids menu. They will provide 1/2 portions of meals for kids. It is a nice restaurant, but it was very loud in there when the restaurant filled up. Lots of parking in front. We would recommend this restaurant to others, and we will definitely go there again.Special Features:
- VEGAN FRIENDLY PLACEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014We love M'Tucci's. My husband and I live near old town......and we do not mind driving to such a fine place. Although we have pizza places in our area, we love that it is not noisy like other places and that diners are not seated so closely together. It is our romantic evening at M'Tuccis like we have not experienced at any other pizza place. And we can comfortably and easily order our food vegan. Not that many options....but we usually order pizza and the mushroom one is great! We also like how the owners wander around talking to people. Keep up the good work. ONE suggestion: There is a great vegan mozzarella cheese called Daiya. It can be found at Whole Foods or the LaMontanita Food Co-op. Can be kept frozen until needed.Special Features:
- blandNotimpressedDined on 4/26/20144 diners. Two had bland pasta. One had chicken parmesan that appeared to be a TV dinner. One had mussels in a sauce flavored with French's mustard. Nothing you would send back. Nothing you would go back-to. However, previously one diner had lunch there, and had a good sausage sandwich.
- KEEPS GETTING EVEN BETTERGastonDined on 4/26/2014Certainly one of the "hot spots" in Albuquerque is M'Tucci's Kitchina. Start with a couple of professional restaurateurs from NYC who truly "know the business," add a chef who is highly talented and never afraid to try something new, stir in the best wait staff in ABQ, a super bar scene, and an inventive menu--You have the perfect recipe for a really good restaurant. I eaten there a number of times and I'm always pleased to note something new and creative on the menu. The owners never fail to go out of their way to make their clients feel welcome and take the time to make certain that everything is first rate at your table. M'Tucci's never feels "stuffy," and families and foodies seem equally at home and pleased with their experience.Special Features:
- Great Lunch MenuGrossinmVIPDined on 4/23/2014Best Italian on the Westside of Town (in Town IMO). You must try the Five Pork Bolognese, it is to die for!Special Features: