Machete Tequila + Tacos - Lodo
1730 Wynkoop Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Machete Tequila + Tacos - Lodo
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.machetedenver.com/
- Phone: 7206127698
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 12:00am.
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 12:00am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Chef Jose Avila
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Let Machete host your next event. To contact Machete about catering for 20-200 please email: email@example.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Let Machete host your next party. To contact Machete about renting out space for your event please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
A word from Machete Tequila + Tacos - Lodo
Welcome to Machete Tequila + Tacos. Machete’s menu infuses classic Mexico City cantina fare with regional specialties and street food favorites such as tacos, quesadillas and ceviches. With an emphasis on the bold flavors and robust palate of Mexican cuisine, Machete uses the freshest ingredients to prepare every delightful meal. Machete also has one of the largest tequila menus in Denver and incredibly potent margaritas. Come on down for some street-style tacos and quesadillas, huaraches, alambres, authentic salsas, fundidos, fine tequilas, freshly-juiced margaritas and Denver’s first private tequila cage.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Machete Tequila + Tacos - Lodo - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Machete Tequila + Tacos - Lodo reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (17)vibrant bar scene (16)hot spot (14)neighborhood gem (13)great for lunch (12)fit for foodies (12)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014The tacos were delicious and the service was fun and excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- So loud I can't taste my tacos!Robz3DDined on 8/15/2014The tacos were good, but nothing to run back for, the black squid ink tortilla was cool. The margs were ok, nice and strong and large! But lacking in flavor.Special Features:
- really loud and crazy decorsunniraindropDined on 8/15/2014Was looking for a replacement to T/aco that closed and the definitely have unique offerings including shark on the menu. Very loud spot but fun day of the dead decor all over. I'd go back for late night fun.Special Features:
- GREAT FOOD!luvthefoodVIPDined on 8/14/2014Great food and seating for a large team building event - staff is always happy to help ensure everyone enjoys the restaurant!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time and I will ReturnJenkgiantDined on 8/9/20142 of our party of 4 arrived 15 minutes early at 8p and we were seated right away, which was great but when the other 2 arrived they were told I did not have a reservation so they went to the bar as they were unaware we had arrived early. Maybe the reservation was marked closed/completed after 2 of us were seated early? The service was attentive & the food was excellent. A few different servers brought our items & our waitress was super sweet. Since I had asked about corn tortillas, she realized I have a gluten sensitivity & was quick to point out there is flour in 2 of their 4 salsas which I very much appreciated! A male server who was very familiar with their tequilas helped us with those selections--loved, loved the Crema recommendation!
- Great traditional tacos!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014This is one of the best places to find traditional Mexican tacos. The style is reminiscent of the tacos you find in Mexico City. Definitely will be coming back for moreSpecial Features:
- The name fitsFoodie1VIPDined on 7/23/2014Great tacos and tequila - exactly what they advertise. The margaritas are very authentic Mexican, not too sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Nuevo Mexican food!DSmithDined on 7/18/2014Upscale food and drinks makes this a great find. Thank you Open Table!Special Features:
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/16/2014Food was fabulous!! Sarah our server was amazing! Highly recommend!! Definitely going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Machete....odd name, great foodUnrepentantFoodieVIPDined on 7/15/2014Tacos....my date thought hers with halibut was one of the best things she'd eaten in a long time. Mine were delicious, both of them, all seafood (scallops and shrimp). The flourless chocolate cake was wonderful. All gluten free, which she had to have.....and all with a ton of flavor. Lively, vibrant food that pops, margaritas the way they're supposed to taste. Nothing fancy about the place, typical Mexican cantina, but wonderful food and a great server. It's a darn fine lunch spot for downtown Denver....prices were excellent. I like Machete's a lot, and was prepared, honestly, to be underwhelmed. Far from it. This place is a gem.Special Features:
- Not Quite Ready for Prime TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014I had dinner at the new Machete over the last weekend, hoping for a similar experience to the one located in Cherry Creek. While I love the fact that they are branching out into this great spot in LoDo, my experience was poor. We waited for almost 10 minutes before a server came to our table to greet us - I had to go to the hostes in order to get someone to come by. The layout was so tight that we were pretty much connected to both tables on either side, and spent most of dinner being bumped into. Drinks were strong and the menu was pretty similar to the other location. The noise level was really high, due to the buzz and volume of patrons. I'm sure this place will be great with a little time, but I'll give it a month or 2 before I return.Special Features:
- Great food and Service!RayfDined on 7/5/2014Great food in the tradition of street tacos. A little noisy but that adds the upbeat atmosphere of the location. Overall, a great find.Special Features:
- Dessert is a must!HappyDinerVIPDined on 6/18/2014Really enjoyed Machete! The chips and guac were great, definitely go for the four salsa sampler. I enjoyed the shrimp taco a lot, the lengua taco had a little too much onion on top but it was easily removed. The corn cake with churro ice cream was FANTASTIC! I'll definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good GuacShannonDined on 6/9/2014Exceptional guacamole, salsas and tacos although the waitress assured me I could easily eat three tacos and was barely able to put away two after the chips and guar appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting InteriorOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/8/2014We had a variety of tacos and guacamole and chips at Machete. My favorite taco was the Arrachera taco. Delicious! I would definitely get this again. The others I had, a chicken taco with potato and camarron taco with shrimp were ok. I would not order them again. The chicken one in particular had pretty dry meat. We liked the guacamole and chips and the sides of different salsas to try with them. My favorite salsa was the chipotle salsa with the smokey flavor! The service was fine. We had water on the table at all times and didn't order any other drinks. The interior was pretty dark and the decor reminded me of the Mexican "Day of the Dead" holiday a bit with skeletons and skulls hanging from the ceiling.
- Great MargaritasJimSDined on 6/7/2014The tacos were good, and the margaritas were excellent. Our waitress was fantastic, very attentive, super friendly; and when some drunk idiot and his girlfriend came and sat down at our table she came over instantly and told them to beat it. Will certainly come back when we are downtown.Special Features:
- A new fave!BrunchBunchDined on 5/18/2014We recently checked out Machete in both Cherry Creek and LoDo. Love the tacos!! Even the kids liked it. The food is wonderful and we had great service in both locations. Evening is more of a bar scene and, of course, louder. The LoDo location was great for lunch on Sunday before the Rockies game and it was good for families and not as loud.Special Features:
- Just okchloeDined on 5/4/2014We were there after a baseball game and our server said they had been very busy. The place was pretty dead when we got there at 6:30. Our service was excellent, however the food was very ordinary. Ceviche was dry and tasteless. Tacos---just ok.Special Features:
- The following 6 reviews are from the Machete Tequila + Tacos - Lodo reviews archive.
- Good ambiance...Sweet22Dined on 4/26/2014This is a very neat place to eat at. The waitress was extremely helpful and knowledgeable with the menu. I would definetly recommend to anyone looking for some great tacos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good timesOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/24/2014It was a great time and great service even though we had a really large group!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good fresh and inventive tacosOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/19/2014Not your typical chain Mexican food. Our group ordered the assorted 12 tacos which were served family style on a large platter. This made for a casual and fun dinner. Also had the guacamole and chips which everyone enjoyed as it was a generous portion.Special Features:
- Just okayimasage06Dined on 4/19/2014Service was attentive and on top of things. The food was just okay, which was dissapointing. The plates were really bare. No sides, no garnish, no dressing up the food. Very minimal and basic. The camaron taco had great flavor, the others were rather bland. The guacamole was pretty average too. Too much onion flavor in it, not enough salt & lime. Tortilla chiprs were good, but would have been so much better if they were warm. The salsas that came with the chips were just okay. Out of the 4 to choose from, the red pepper one was the best, the others were just okay. I had high hopes, but they were dashed. The good news is that small changes could really improve the overall experience. The drinks were good, but the food needed some work.Special Features:
- Love the new Machete!MariVIPDined on 3/30/2014We've enjoyed the other location at Cherry Creek and had been looking forward to trying the new one. It's in a great location closer to school for us and when word gets out and union station gets going, this restaurant will be busy! We went in on a Sunday night with friends that had never been to the other location. It was rather slow in the restaurant. We were seated promptly and Kenny did a great job explaining the menu and the new items. The drinks, while some may think they are pricey, are absolutely worth it! I love the new banquet room in the back and that the cartoons decorate the bathroom like the other location. Great decor! I really was happy with the experience. ...and it was the perfect end to our spring break!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The " New" MachetePineyDined on 3/21/2014We went during the " soft opening" time while visiting Denver from the San Francisco Bay Area. The food, drinks and service were great. Each of four adults had three tacos each all of a different type. This is a location which will be most attractive and convenient when the train station is redeveloped. We will be back again when we are in Denver in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.