2030 W 30th Ave.
Denver, CO 80211Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lingerdenver.com/
- Phone: 3039933120x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Happy Hour: Tuesday - Friday 4:00 - 6:30pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday 10:00-2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, International, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Justin Cucci
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Linger
Linger, the second concept behind Root Down's Chef/Owner Justin Cucci is located in Denver's Lower Highlands neighborhood. Linger’s vibrant menu reflects a broad farm-to-street sensibility with a spin on traditional ethnic eats. Design elements can be described as a purposeful contradiction featuring reclaimed boxcar floors, a brick ellipse, a Lite Brite bar top and infinity windows with incredible views into downtown Denver. The food, the service, the story combine to extract a feeling. Linger is like a mixtape, and we hope it connects. We’re not trying to reinvent food -- it’s simpler than that. We hope to elicit a feeling – like you get when you hear your favorite song.Continued
Linger now offers lunch!!!! Tuesday - Friday 11:30 am till 2:30 pm.
Linger now offers lunch!!!! Tuesday - Friday 11:30 am till 2:30 pm.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Linger - Best Restaurants in Highlands ›
Linger reviews from OpenTable diners
513 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (378)hot spot (286)neighborhood gem (264)scenic view (247)special occasion (209)good for groups (208)great for outdoor dining (156)great for brunch (153)vibrant bar scene (147)great for lunch (110)romantic (99)late-night find (66)notable wine list (41)kid-friendly (32)Show More
- Fabulous experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/29/2014Besides the top-notch food, The ambience, views, and service make for an amazing experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummmmOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014Fantastic food and wine. Décor is very hipster. Atmosphere is a little bit loud so conversations are a little strained. I loved that the servers provided recommendations on the best way to eat a particular dish and described what was on the plate. Totally recommend it.Special Features:
- Great food - horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/26/2014I love this place. Been there many, many times. However, the service has continued to decline. The service I received the other night was simply terrible. Took the waitress almost 15 minutes to take a drink order, apps came out but failed to tell us they were out of one we ordered until another one came, rude, etc.Special Features:
- Did Not Fit the HypeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014Linger was a nice place to say we have eaten at once. Due to no real assist in request, only decent quality food/service, and a loud environment, our trip did not meet expectations. It was not a place we would wish to go back to it. It just did not meet all rave expectations.Special Features:
- Good looks but not foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014My friends warned me that it was a hip cool place, but the food was mediocre. I should have listened.Special Features:
- It was OKOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2014We love Root Down and had heard that Linger, being the sister restaurant, was even better. Plus, it's always on the 'best restaurants of Denver' lists. For my husbands birthday, we decided to try something different. The atmosphere was killer! Wait staff was great. Food...meh. Everything we had kept having ingredients that were way too overpowering. It just wasn't good. We kept thinking that the next dish would be better, but it wasn't. They did give him a birthday desert that was to die for. I think we'll stick to Root Down for food, Linger for the bar/atmosphere.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014The staff was kind, attentive and knowledgeable. The wine was fabulous!Special Features:
- One of a kind menu and vibeLinger2lingerDined on 10/25/2014We had a group of 8 seniors for brunch who enjoyed the variety or offerings and excellent service. Chris, our server made us feel at home and did not rush at all and explained the entrees and made excellent recommendations. We sat at a window table, only to later realize the window was open and enjoyed a beautiful sunny fall day. The menu is very diverse and reasonably prices. I would recommend it to anyone with an adventurous spirit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!FoodieLifeDined on 10/24/2014What a gem! We had dinner at Linger during a weekend visit to Denver from Chicago. Everything we ate was delicious! The duck wings are highly recommended! Although our service was pretty slow (we waited upwards of 15 minutes for our second course) -- the food was well worth the wait.Special Features:
- ReviewGoooodDined on 10/24/2014The servers are always amazing here, very helpful with the menu and not pushySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice night out, good valueWordDined on 10/24/2014The bad: We were crammed in a tiny booth, steak salad came out without steak on it, server didn't offer us dessert before presenting the check. The good: Great ambience , city views , rooftop dining, food was excellent, so was the bill. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/24/2014great food great looking restaurant. a bit too loud and the beat techno music isn't what I'd pick to enjoy a dining experience, it mad me a little edgy. Skip the fish tacos not worth it and fried. Scallops and the devils on horseback were are favorites. Service is really great, lots of people checking in to see if you need anything.Special Features:
- Linger rolls off tongue w/ agilityPurpleHazeDined on 10/24/2014Tastings. Tempting treats to tease your taste-buds. Terrific wine too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummmmkoalaDined on 10/24/2014First time for lunch....unique menu/presentation, loved the lamb kofta, great ambience as always.Special Features:
- fun, different food than the normalgottashinerDined on 10/23/2014Fantastic service, great to sit on rooftop deck heaters above which take off chill. Food was interesting- watch the prices be a use there is range & you could spend $100 on 4 items without any problem. Husband didn't think the fish tacos were very good. The waygo sliders were great, Greek salad very good, & shrimp appetizer not on menu was really good. Couldn't eat there every week but once per month would be funSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular!SparkleYumDined on 10/21/2014Fantastic place for amazing food, special occasions, and trying new things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- so much funKathyVIPDined on 10/21/2014I was in Denver on Business and decided to try Linger based on the other reviews. i'm so glad i did. i loved the popcorn on the tables, the view from our open window of the ice cream place next door, and the look and feel of the restaurant. we started with the fried cheese curds, then i had a pork bun and the most amazing duck wings and my colleague had the parsnip soup and the fried rice with tofu. Everything was wonderful.Special Features:
- Had High ExpectationsDlskDined on 10/19/2014What the server recommended for our party of four was not enough food. Waited a long time between courses even though ee ate at 5:30 p.m. The dates and bacon were rather bland and I had heard they are one of your favorites. The cheese and pepper were an inadequate size. My table loved the scallops and salmon, but for a party of four, should have been four portions. You should do a two portion normal size, and then if there are more people per table, they could order two servings. Liked your cashew milk and similar offerings.Special Features:
- Birthday BrunchThumblessDined on 10/19/2014We ended up being that group. A birthday brunch reservation that grew twice and then had some no-shows. My apologies again. They handled it like absolute pros and didn't give us any attitude for things out of our control. Food was awesome, waiter was enthusiastic and gave us the fun facts about this building. Atmosphere was vibrant and hip without being pretentious. Loved it. And so did my wife, which was the most important part because it was her birthday. Thanks LingerSpecial Features:
- Great service, good foodGeorgiedenverDined on 10/19/2014Small group of us went for brunch and it was great. Recommend reservations since they're generally pretty busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Linger losing its edge?MickiVIPDined on 10/19/2014Having dined at Linger numerous times, I know I can count on great food, great service, and a great experience. So the standard is already pretty high. But brunch last Sunday was just OK. The service still great, but the food not so much. The flavor wasn't as exciting, and presentation did not have that special touch that I'd experienced before. I hope it was just an off day, as this restaurant should be at the top of the list for the place to go in Denver.
- TrishWS13VIPDined on 10/19/2014I've put off dining at Linger because I was never sure I would like the unusual combinations of ingredients in each dish. But when I was looking for something new and different for our regular Sunday brunch, their menu was it. We dug a bit deeper into the menu, past the crowd favorites, and ordered the Ramen with pork belly & the fried rice with short ribs. Although under-seasoned (we added hot chili oil & fish sauce), these were both soulful and soul-satisfying dishes. Each was rich in flavor without the heaviness of most typical brunch dishes. Warm and unctuous, these dishes are perfect to have on a chilly Sunday morning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu, fun locationFitforfoodiesDined on 10/18/2014We had a great time at linger. Although a bit difficult to get a reservation on the weekend, our 9 pm dinner reservation was worth the wait. Wonderful menu and accommodating and personable employees. Plus you can't beat the Highlands when it comes to unique and fun restaurants/bars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!Alissa80026Dined on 10/18/2014Absolutely loved this place! The food was creative and delicious. Drinks were as well. Recommend the New Saigon cocktail. Waiter was extremely knowledgeable, sweet, and accommodating to our vegan table. We had a 7:00 reservation and didn't get seated until 7:45, but had no problem getting a drink at the bar while we waited. If we were on more of a time crunch that would have been a big problem.Special Features:
- Decent Food; Terrible ServicenotimpressedDined on 10/18/2014While the restaurant did accommodate an additional person to our reservation, the service was terrible. We never received refills on our coffee. The server forgot half of a friend's breakfast order, delivered it to her after she'd asked for it (and everyone else had finished eating), and he still charged her for it. Another friend ordered bottomless mimosas; she didn't get a second refill. Finally, another ordered the hangover ramen, it came to her very cold. Brunch is our thing, but Linger is not.Special Features:
- Always deliciousMarggeDined on 10/17/2014We had reservations for 10:15 on Friday night for two people. We showed up with 4 people at 9:00 and they willingly adjusted our reservation and we even got to be seated earlier. We stopped at the roof top bar for drinks which is beautiful and has very fun drinks. When we were seated for dinner, the server was informed about the food choices and we had a wonderful time. Food is GREAT!Special Features:
- Loving Linger!LolaDined on 10/17/2014As we traveled a few hours down to Denver, we made a rezzie to ensure we had a table at this busy restaurant! When we walked in, our table was ready (great scheduling by the staff!) Linger is quite a lively place, with high ceilings and an open kitchen. Our server was lovely and didn't mind we were eating a light meal. Lots of interesting choices (i had the chicken bastilla) plus a good selection for my vegeterian friend (an enormous veggie crepe), made this a great experience for foodies. That is why Linger is one of my fave Denver restaurants!Special Features:
- A few hiccups, still pretty great.MelCDined on 10/17/2014I made reservations months in advance. You have to if you want to eat at Linger on a weekend. We had to wait 15 minutes past our reservation time to be seated. But once we got our table, things got better. The food was great and comes family style, and things were really doling until our last two dishes. There was a 10 minute gap in the delivery. These are small plates so 4 people eat them up in about two minutes. We also didn't get one of the desserts we ordered, or the second glass of wine I ordered. We weren't charged for the dessert, and I was abLe to get these e eventually. It's really loud and I don't think our server heard us. I'm sure I'll go back, but be ready for a super busy, super loud experience. The food is worth it though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly underwhelmedLuv2eat1313VIPDined on 10/15/2014I went here expecting it to be one of my new favorite Denver restaurants because of friends' reviews. However, I walked away underwhelmed. We waited an hour for our first tapa, and the food that came out was yes creative but not out of this world. On a positive note, their cocktails were very tasty and the view was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014I highly recommend Linger for food choice, ambiance, and an overall pleasurable dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, fun atmostpherevisitingEaterDined on 10/14/2014The food was delicious. We had a party of five and got dishes to share. The popcorn they bring to the table when you arrive is fun and tasty. The best part of the meal may have been the fall seasonal soup, some kind of squash bisque. The place was really busy on a Tuesday night, but service was attentive and the views were beautiful.Special Features:
- food is ok, love everything elseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/12/2014I've been here a few times and have always loved the service and atmosphere of this place. Top notch every time! The food is meant to be shared, it comes in very small portions. We ordered several plates: Sweet Potato Waffle Fries, Sliders, Civieche, Chilli Relleno, Salmon, Pot Stickers, Pork Bun, Pork Tacos. We loved every single dish except The Pork Tacos and The Pork Bun. The Pork Tacos were HORRIBLE. The use of ginger in tacos is a complete mistake. Awful. The Pork Bun was...weird. The "bun" felt very doughy and the sweetness of the pork was odd. It reminded me of apple pie with pork in it. But I can't rave enough about the Sweet Potato Waffle Fries and the Salmon...OMG. Best. Salmon. EVER. Too bad it couldn't be my whole meal.Special Features:
- bribosDined on 10/12/2014Everything was great. Brought a guest from NYC that grew up in Paris. She thought the bottled wine prices were high and the wine list difficult to comprehend but loved the wine that she chose. Food prices are very fair. We had a great waiter. We did wish that you would have had valet parking. We were there on a Sunday night. Overall, would give four and a half stars as a rating. This was our second visit.Special Features:
- Linger-ed at BrunchSharlaDined on 10/12/2014After repeatedly seeing Linger on Food and Wine "best of" lists we had to try. It did not disappoint. Our waiter was Gish. Honest and knowledgeable, which are both key to enjoying a dining experience. Will definitely will be requesting his section on future visits. After brunch we wandered up to the bar. Very cool space. We sat to have some tasting pours of mezcal. Cory, the bartender, was not familiar with spirits at all. She also continually coughed -- openly, without regard for the fact she's in food service. That really was the only negative of our 2+ hours visit. (a comment card was given to the manager praising Gish & notifying of Cory)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific foodLovegoodfoodDined on 10/11/2014Very interesting, tasty plates and pretty environment. On a Saturday evening, however, the service was quite slow and the noise and activity level high/distracting from a good meal experience.Special Features:
- Creative and tastyJoedriverDined on 10/11/2014A very busy place with a creative menu. Quality of the food and service was very high. Not a quiet place. We will be back even though we live a long distance away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vibrant SceneFoodie4UDined on 10/10/2014Linger is such an electric place located in one of Denver's hottest neighborhoods! I love their eclectic menu. There's always something new to the taste buds to try. Great service and wait staff. Very attentive! Love Linger and look forward to my next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional foodFoodlvrDined on 10/10/2014unexpected combinations that tickle the tastebuds & make you smile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wixin1314Dined on 10/8/2014My only complaint was that I made my reservation 6 weeks in advance requesting a window table. Then I called 2 weeks in advance to make sure. The person said yes we did have a window table. When we got there we were seated one back from the window. They just said sorry we can't seat you by the windowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch venueMAColoDined on 10/7/2014Interesting and updated menu. The bento box was fabulous. Easy to get to and great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.