Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Tampa
4110 West Boy Scout Road
Tampa, FL 33607Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Tampa
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chwinery.com/
- Phone: 8138739463
- Hours of Operation:
Full menu available for lunch and dinner
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Matt McMillin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full catering and carryout menu available for pick up at the restaurant. For menus, visit www.chwinery.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Cooper’s Hawk specializes in seamless events embodying the warmth and elegance of the wine world. Our Private Party Room and Winery Room offer unique settings for your social and corporate gatherings along with first-class event packages to help choose the perfect menu. We will also happily customize any event package to meet your individual needs.
- Private Party Contact: Events Department 8138739463x
A word from Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Tampa
Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant combines modern, casual dining with award-winning, handcrafted wines. Our menu features fresh contemporary-American fare infused with flavors from around the world. From appetizers to desserts, each dish on our menu is listed with a bin number to help guide you to your selection’s perfect wine match. In addition to dining, Cooper’s Hawk offers a full-service bar, private party spaces, and Napa-style tasting room with specialty gift store, where guests can enjoy sipping and sampling wines in a traditional winery setting. Sourcing the highest quality grapes from the best vineyards around the world has earned Cooper’s Hawk a growing list of more than 200 wine awards. Most recently, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants was selected as “Hot Concept 2010” winner by Nation's Restaurant News and MenuMasters winner for the category of “Menu Trendsetter” in 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Tampa - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Tampa reviews from OpenTable diners
368 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (248)good for groups (214)special occasion (207)fit for foodies (164)vibrant bar scene (134)hot spot (129)romantic (115)great for lunch (115)great for outdoor dining (67)neighborhood gem (58)kid-friendly (37)great for brunch (33)late-night find (28)scenic view (23)Show More
- GREAT WINE!royalprince06Dined on 8/16/2014I had a great time at Cooper's Hawk Saturday night. We sampled some wines, ate dinner, and took some home with us. Great food and great wines!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Way too noisy. Acoustics are terrible. Screaming children at dinner on Saturday night are unacceptable.Special Features:
- RetiredLuv2dineDined on 8/15/2014This was our second trip there. The first time the food was excellent. This last time we ordered the fillets and they were horrible. I would never order a fillet there againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorite spots!AlyceDined on 8/15/2014We've been wining and dining here for over two years. Although the wines are new we always find some to lay down for a few years because they show excellent promise. And even for new wines they are quite good. I wish the chef was more creative and offered a few more dishes I can eat (lactose-intolerant) - he relies heavy on cow cheese. The dishes I can eat are very good. We have introduced several friends and all have become regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulCosmeticgurlDined on 8/14/2014Good food....delish Atmosphere was perfect for a first date Our waitress was very nice perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014Cooper's Hawk is a definite MUST for anyone desiring great wine, food and atmosphere. The staff there is very cordial and professional and this is one of our favorite restaurants in the Tampa area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!LuvMyWineDined on 8/13/2014Great restaurant for any occasion! Our experience was a farewell business dinner which included associates from out of town and they loved it! The food was awesome with just the right amount of options. The Cooper's Hawk wine was great and the pairing suggestions were perfect. The service was impeccable, ask for Brian B. The atmosphere was energetic with a mixture of business associates, families and friends! I would definitely recommend this restaurant...trust me, you'll enjoy the experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!KatyDined on 8/10/2014We love Cooper's hawk! We go every couple of months bc we love kind of far away. I joined their wine club so we plan a date night and go pick up our wines we've accumulated and well drink one with dinner and take the rest home! The club has nice perks ! The food is always awesome! The price is definitely reasonable for the excellent quality. My boyfriend is very picky bc he grew up in the restaurant industry. We love it and go often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of FunOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014We came an hour earlier to enjoy the tasting room. IT reminded us of being in Napa wine country. Really great concept. Lot's of fun and a great way to meet fun people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good wine, a bit loud.SaulDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I have been to Cooper's Hawk in several cities. This time was in Tampa, FL, for dinner to celebrate my wife's birthday. We shared the chicken chorizo flatbread to start along with cocktails: Hendricks martinis, very dry, up, olives. The bartender apparently is taught to shake vigorously, rather than stir, despite being asked to stir. Shaking is wrong, bruises the gin, leaves shards of ice in the drink, along with a froth that simply doesn't belong in a martini. Our main course was the "trio of fillets" for my wife and the "chimichurri hanger steak" for me, along with wine. Both were perfectly cooked and very tasty. We finished by sharing the chocolate cake. Moist, chocolately, and delicious. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014They placed us two people in a room that had large tables of people Way too loud for us and when ask to be moved, no table available . Not happy with that so might make me think twice before coming again.Special Features:
- Energetic atmosphere!curvychatterboxDined on 8/8/2014Fast becoming my favorite place to celebrate a friend's birthday or for a girls night out! The energy in the wine bar is refreshing and the service in the restaurant is impeccable. I love that you can have a wine flight at your dinner table and the prices are very reasonable. For a large group you can have your wine at the table in a large glass decanter with dispenser and if you mention a birthday they will bring you a special little dessert. I have been back on several occasions just to purchase some of their handcrafted wines. The food is excellent and the appetizers are very large portions. A bit of a drive for me but well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in Tampa1Slg2Dined on 8/7/2014For anyone looking for a superb dinner with fabulous service and fantastic wine, look no further. This is my second visit, and the tradition will continue. This is how service, ànd quality come together to make an excellent dining experience. I am happy to see there are some restaurants that still understand this!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great happy hour!Foodie83Dined on 8/6/2014We have been to Cooper's Hawk several times and continue to be impressed. The wine list is fantastic, the happy hour specials cannot be beat, the food is delicious, and the service is superb! Love this place!Special Features:
- First visit was great!bossmomrnDined on 8/5/2014Three friends and I had dinner here to celebrate a friend. We had amazing service! The food was fresh and delicious. I enjoyed the menu offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun timeRustyDined on 8/5/2014We went there for a birthday and everything was very nice. The server was very patient with us and didn't try to rush us in and out. I thought the prices were very reasonable for the quality of food. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a nice dinning experience without the Ruth's Chris prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday LuncheonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014The food, ambiance & our server were all top-notch. However, even tho we had a reservation, it took quite a long time time for them to seat us. We waited quite awhile & other people were seated ahead of us. It also took a long time between drinks, entres & dessert orders to get our food. our waiter was certainly above average, but the service wasn't.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, *LOUD* with weak winesMattDined on 8/2/2014Took the family to Cooper's Hawk for the 1st time. The place is nice, and is very busy and is also very loud. We were seated in a back dining room where several parties of 8+ were quite drunk and extremely loud. I couldn't hear my own family members at the table. The service was good, the food was pretty good, I recommend the pork but the wines were pretty weak. If you are young, I'm sure this is a great place, I probably won't be back though as I was expecting a more relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:
- Not worth using open tableStpetebusinessownerDined on 8/1/2014Before heading from St Pete to Tampa for dinner at Cooper's Hawk I made a reservation online at opentable. My family and I arrived 20 minutes before our reservation at 9. Upon arrival we were told to wait which seemed appropriate considering we had arrived 20 minutes before our reservation, but come 9:30 we were still waiting. During 50 minute wait I saw 4 couples/ groups walk in after us and get seated before us. Needless to say, I will not be using opentable for Cooper's hawk. Im not sure who's fault it was that it took so long to get seated, maybe the hottess, maybe the computer glitched or maybe the staff was ignoring me for some odd reason. Besides the long wait, the food was fabulous and the restaurant had a great vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining spotBetheDined on 8/1/2014Second time here- tried the wine tasting prior to being tasted- very fun. Be sure to make reservations! Food is innovative and delicious. Our server Dina was terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place.kcphDined on 8/1/2014Everything was great. Only thing that was a negative was that, we reserved a week in advance and requested a booth. Instead we got a table and when I asked, the lady at the front desk said it was not possible at all to get a booth. However, throughout our time there, we saw walk ins that got seated at booths. I had a friend that was pregnant and would have liked the comfort of a booth instead of a chair. Oh well, we still enjoyed our dinner. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not my best experience hereLambiePieVIPDined on 8/1/2014This is one of my favorite places, so it pains me to write this review, but this was not a good night. First, the service was off, as 4 people in my party had their food for a good five minutes before I finally received my entree. Second, my boyfriend's steak medallions were overdone, and we were told, "this is our medium rare," as if this is something to be debated. They brought a second plate, and it was cooked alright, but very bland and the potatoes were barely browned. Even the wine, which is supposed to be their forte, was off, since the Heritage blend being offered was vinegar-y. Thank heavens they offer a tasting, so I could go back to my Cooper's Hawk Red. I will be back, and I hope this was just an off night, and not a trend.
- Happy hour great!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/1/2014Food and service was great. Weekday happy hour is a steal, 12 glasses of wine, even the lux, is only $5. 6.99 apps too. Always consistent!
- Really good foodChrisVIPDined on 7/31/2014I have eaten here many times and the food and service is always excellent.Special Features:
- Great FoodFoodBullDined on 7/30/2014The food here is really good, and it is a good spot for anyone that appreciates wine.Special Features:
- They never miss!KCFLADined on 7/29/2014I travel to this section of Tampa regularly and try to visit Coopers Hawk every time I'm in town. The menu is creative and eclectic, the presentation is outstanding, the service is always spot on, and the food is excellent. This was an early dinner and when we arrived it was still happy hour so we shared several appetizers. The pork belly tostadas are out of this world! The ahi tacos are divine, and the lettuce wraps are a perfect combination of flavors. And yes, Coopers is a winery as well. While I'm not a huge connoisseur of wine, the servers are well trained in offering pairing ideas and the sangrias are superb!Special Features:
- Cooper's HawkSammi123Dined on 7/28/2014What a wonderful evening of GOOD friends, GREAT Food, and GRANDEOUS Wine.... Our waitress was the BEST.Special Features:
- Great for gluten-free dining!gfgirlDined on 7/28/2014Love dining here because they offer a large gluten-free selection. They have also been willing to further modify meals for additional dietary restrictions. In addition, they always seem to have a bustling wine-tasting crowd.Special Features:
- Coppers Hawk is Solid!TonyVIPDined on 7/28/2014Great menu...never have a bad meal...can be a little on the pricy side for lunch, but worth it!!Special Features:
- Nice!diazsDined on 7/27/2014always enjoy dining here, I always get the petit sirah- and it never disappoints. Food is always great and I crave it for days after.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerGdFoodGdWineDined on 7/27/2014The wine tasting was very good and the food is consistently good.Special Features:
- wine spotBettyDined on 7/27/2014Enjoy the wine club and the concept. Flat breads are very good. Would like to see fresh fish on the menuSpecial Features:
- I Love this RestaurantGJMPDined on 7/27/2014Food, Wine, Service, and Atmosphere was delightful. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for the above.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DinneryntastrDined on 7/27/2014We had a wonderful experience. Great ambiance, excellent service, outstanding food. My party was impressed and will come again. I will refer others too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- be a wine club member!angela222Dined on 7/26/2014In July they offered money back for wine club members to be used toward dining. We used our $40 toward a fantastic early dinner (since Fri/Sat after 4 was excluded). We both had New York Strip and it was fantastic. Dessert, as always, was heavenly. The server we had at the wine tasting area after was fantasticSpecial Features:
- Exciting Hot SpotcakedecDined on 7/25/2014Enter the exciting winery lobby where people are at least 5 deep tasting wines, high energy. The bar area has plenty of room with happy hour 5-6 only. The tables and booths in the restaurant are lovely. The fact you can taste 2 types of wine per person at your table before making a decision is unique and the pour is ample. The menu is varied from burgers and sandwiches to gourmet entries. The food is well presented and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for foodiesLisaDined on 7/22/2014The food is always great. I've never had a bad meal. Service is always great!!The menu has combinations and sauces that are different and very tasty. Food quality is excellent! And then there is the wine. Can't say enough good things about the wine.Special Features:
- Not the NormluckyludtkeDined on 7/19/2014We absolutely love Cooper s Hawk, but this last visit was not up to their usually high standards. We had an 830 reservation, when I let them know we were there I was given a pager. After 35 minutes I inquired to find out how much longer and was told they were waiting on us. Kitchen took nearly 30 minutes to get an appetizer out, waitress told us they were out of both sides we ordered ten minutes after ordering. We picked new sides, food came out with one side that they were "out of" and one side neither of us picked or wanted. It was well after 10 by this point. This isn't typical of this lovely place, hopefully it was just a fluke and not a result of any staff or management changesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great except for main dishBitsyDined on 7/19/2014Ambiance, Wine, lettuce wedge salad, great! Noise level made conversation impossible for us in the tasting room. Beef short ribs were not great! Dry and tastelessl.Special Features:
- No waiting areaAndyNPRVIPDined on 7/19/2014Don't get me wrong, we love this place, but they are not very friendly to those that have a hard time walking. We arrived early and were given a pager. My wife can not stand and there are NO chairs to sit in. There are lots of wine tasting tables to stand next to, but this doesn't work. Our reservation time came and went. After standing for 20 minutes, someone finally asked my wife if she wanted a chair. It would have been nice 20 minute before! They need to change their policy! That sort of marred dinner, but the food and service were fine after that. We now know to NEVER arrive early for a reservation.Special Features: