Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Tampa
4110 West Boy Scout Road
Tampa, FL 33607Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Tampa
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.chwinery.com/
- Phone: 8138739463
- Hours of Operation:
Full menu available for lunch and dinner
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Matt McMillin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full catering and carryout menu available for pick up at the restaurant. For menus, visit www.chwinery.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Cooper’s Hawk specializes in seamless events embodying the warmth and elegance of the wine world. Our Private Party Room and Winery Room offer unique settings for your social and corporate gatherings along with first-class event packages to help choose the perfect menu. We will also happily customize any event package to meet your individual needs.
- Private Party Contact: Events Department 8138739463x
A word from Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Tampa
Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant combines modern, casual dining with award-winning, handcrafted wines. Our menu features fresh contemporary-American fare infused with flavors from around the world. From appetizers to desserts, each dish on our menu is listed with a bin number to help guide you to your selection’s perfect wine match. In addition to dining, Cooper’s Hawk offers a full-service bar, private party spaces, and Napa-style tasting room with specialty gift store, where guests can enjoy sipping and sampling wines in a traditional winery setting. Sourcing the highest quality grapes from the best vineyards around the world has earned Cooper’s Hawk a growing list of more than 200 wine awards. Most recently, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants was selected as “Hot Concept 2010” winner by Nation's Restaurant News and MenuMasters winner for the category of “Menu Trendsetter” in 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Tampa - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurant - Tampa reviews from OpenTable diners
373 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (249)good for groups (210)special occasion (208)fit for foodies (164)vibrant bar scene (138)hot spot (132)great for lunch (113)romantic (110)great for outdoor dining (64)neighborhood gem (57)kid-friendly (34)great for brunch (31)late-night find (26)scenic view (22)Show More
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Mediocre wines, mass produced food, and dining room was too loud, too large and the opposite if intimate. This is just another chain...
- Great Food, Mediocre ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The food and wine were delicious. I expected the service to be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014It was a wonderful experience. Great service from the bar to our table. The food was to die for, a and the wine was spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The wine tasting was good, the food was enjoyable ...service with a smile. Fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Very good service. Even managers were helping with setting/clearing tables. Wait staff and receptionists very attentive. Food average. Slight wait for food.
- Amazing & fabTampaGemDined on 8/29/2014Love the option of sampling wines while waiting for your table, love the pairing of wines with all the dishes, love the warm, soft, pretzel bread served as you're seated, server Justin explained everything, including the wine club membership, food was excellent and great price point. Happy hour of $5 for all wines is terrific. Really fab experience from start to finish and we'll certainly come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UpsetOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/28/2014My friends and I go to Cooper's hawk at least once a month for a girls night many months 2-3 times. I was extremely disappointed in our server; slow service, received wrong appetizer, check was incorrect, went most of the meal with an empty water glass, and wasn't very personable. Wasn't offered any wine tasting even though 2 out 5 people at the tAble were wine club members. My chicken was rubbery, and warm at best. Very sad since this is/was one of our favorite restaurants. Something has changed there Over the last 2 months we hope they can get back to the standard they were at months ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Tampa FavoriteSoFLDininggirlVIPDined on 8/27/2014Always dependable, great service and good food. Wine excellent and a great happy hour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/26/2014Good for a business dinner. Excellent wine selection and entrees were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No chanceskitownerVIPDined on 8/25/2014Despite having a reservation I was told there would be a half hour wait - at the bar - before they could seat a table for two, with a half empty restaurant at 6:30. Bush league. I left and I won't go back. This place is for tourists and the ignorant. Honestly, I can't rate anything but the service, but that was so bad I wouldn't have enjoyed the food anyway.
- BettyDined on 8/23/2014We eat there frequently as we pick up our wine monthly. How about some chef specialsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillDined on 8/23/2014Above average in all respects. Good gluten free menu which is good for my wife.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2014Was very impressed with our server. It was a girls night out, and he was always available, yet did not interrupt our conversation. Did not like that it took over a half-hour to get our table, even though we had a confirmed reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must Tampa go-toJenniferCDined on 8/22/2014I'm a Tampa native and have been going to Cooper's Hawk since it opened in early 2013 and it is an outstanding restaurant that I highly recommend. The food, wine, servers and service are all first class. What a great addition to Tampa! So glad it's here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/22/2014Noisy .........................................................................I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodDisappointingDined on 8/22/2014Cooper's hawk is always a good place to go. It can get very loud but the service and food is great. My go to fave is the Dana's Parm crusted chicken.Special Features:
- Great food, Sad service.Luv2EatOutDined on 8/22/2014The food and wine were fantastic as always! However, our server wasn't the best. He had no pizazz whatsoever. He acted as though he would prefer to be anywhere else. Our party attempted to engage him with little success. We asked if the chef had any specials for the evening, and the response was so curt I was shocked. I had on white pants and didn't want to use a black napkin so I asked for a white one. I received cocktail napkins from the bar. Really? We practically had to beg for time to ask him a question and to place our order. We love the restaurant, and didn't let the server dampen our night out with friends, but it certainly was not the service I would expect from such a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014First time patrons; Food was great, wine was nice. Our host, Bonita was outstanding. Professional, attentive, yet gave us our space and was therre when we needed her. Give her a raise! We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodEatsVIPDined on 8/21/2014The salmon is always great and consistent. The burgers are big and delicious. Their pretzel bread is to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014I took my daughter and granddaughter to dinner. We arrived a few minutes early but were seated immediately. Service was good, waiter was knowledgeable and attentive. Food was superb as always. My granddaughter was impressed and not much impresses her. She will want to come back. We bought some wine and truffles too.Special Features:
- Nice SurpriseDineTimeDined on 8/20/2014While most places that make their own wine are a usual disappointment, Coopers Hawk was a nice surprise. I had the LUX flight and was pleasantly surprised that every wine was well done - Pleasant to nose and Pallet - I did request that the Chardonnay be replaced with their Un-Oaked Chardonnay and they were happy to do it. It's VERY un-usaul for me to like every wine in a flight. The service was spot on, the kitchen was prompt and the fact that we were slowly working our way through the appetizer and Flatbread menu while sampling the wines was no problem. They were very accommodating.Special Features:
- Awesome service!dinerpsycoDined on 8/17/2014Food awesome! Wine list awesome! But without excellent service the place rates average since those can be offered in many places but this place has that third element well covered. I believe our servers name was Jair, his service was stellar, fantastic! He knows the menu from top to bottom and was very helpful and accommodating with the kids. He is the reason if we go back to Tampa this is where we'll go for dinner.Special Features:
- GREAT WINE!royalprince06Dined on 8/16/2014I had a great time at Cooper's Hawk Saturday night. We sampled some wines, ate dinner, and took some home with us. Great food and great wines!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Way too noisy. Acoustics are terrible. Screaming children at dinner on Saturday night are unacceptable.Special Features:
- RetiredLuv2dineDined on 8/15/2014This was our second trip there. The first time the food was excellent. This last time we ordered the fillets and they were horrible. I would never order a fillet there againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorite spots!AlyceDined on 8/15/2014We've been wining and dining here for over two years. Although the wines are new we always find some to lay down for a few years because they show excellent promise. And even for new wines they are quite good. I wish the chef was more creative and offered a few more dishes I can eat (lactose-intolerant) - he relies heavy on cow cheese. The dishes I can eat are very good. We have introduced several friends and all have become regulars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulCosmeticgurlDined on 8/14/2014Good food....delish Atmosphere was perfect for a first date Our waitress was very nice perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014Cooper's Hawk is a definite MUST for anyone desiring great wine, food and atmosphere. The staff there is very cordial and professional and this is one of our favorite restaurants in the Tampa area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!LuvMyWineDined on 8/13/2014Great restaurant for any occasion! Our experience was a farewell business dinner which included associates from out of town and they loved it! The food was awesome with just the right amount of options. The Cooper's Hawk wine was great and the pairing suggestions were perfect. The service was impeccable, ask for Brian B. The atmosphere was energetic with a mixture of business associates, families and friends! I would definitely recommend this restaurant...trust me, you'll enjoy the experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!KatyDined on 8/10/2014We love Cooper's hawk! We go every couple of months bc we love kind of far away. I joined their wine club so we plan a date night and go pick up our wines we've accumulated and well drink one with dinner and take the rest home! The club has nice perks ! The food is always awesome! The price is definitely reasonable for the excellent quality. My boyfriend is very picky bc he grew up in the restaurant industry. We love it and go often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of FunOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014We came an hour earlier to enjoy the tasting room. IT reminded us of being in Napa wine country. Really great concept. Lot's of fun and a great way to meet fun people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good wine, a bit loud.SaulDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I have been to Cooper's Hawk in several cities. This time was in Tampa, FL, for dinner to celebrate my wife's birthday. We shared the chicken chorizo flatbread to start along with cocktails: Hendricks martinis, very dry, up, olives. The bartender apparently is taught to shake vigorously, rather than stir, despite being asked to stir. Shaking is wrong, bruises the gin, leaves shards of ice in the drink, along with a froth that simply doesn't belong in a martini. Our main course was the "trio of fillets" for my wife and the "chimichurri hanger steak" for me, along with wine. Both were perfectly cooked and very tasty. We finished by sharing the chocolate cake. Moist, chocolately, and delicious. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014They placed us two people in a room that had large tables of people Way too loud for us and when ask to be moved, no table available . Not happy with that so might make me think twice before coming again.Special Features:
- Energetic atmosphere!curvychatterboxDined on 8/8/2014Fast becoming my favorite place to celebrate a friend's birthday or for a girls night out! The energy in the wine bar is refreshing and the service in the restaurant is impeccable. I love that you can have a wine flight at your dinner table and the prices are very reasonable. For a large group you can have your wine at the table in a large glass decanter with dispenser and if you mention a birthday they will bring you a special little dessert. I have been back on several occasions just to purchase some of their handcrafted wines. The food is excellent and the appetizers are very large portions. A bit of a drive for me but well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in Tampa1Slg2Dined on 8/7/2014For anyone looking for a superb dinner with fabulous service and fantastic wine, look no further. This is my second visit, and the tradition will continue. This is how service, ànd quality come together to make an excellent dining experience. I am happy to see there are some restaurants that still understand this!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great happy hour!Foodie83Dined on 8/6/2014We have been to Cooper's Hawk several times and continue to be impressed. The wine list is fantastic, the happy hour specials cannot be beat, the food is delicious, and the service is superb! Love this place!Special Features:
- First visit was great!bossmomrnDined on 8/5/2014Three friends and I had dinner here to celebrate a friend. We had amazing service! The food was fresh and delicious. I enjoyed the menu offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun timeRustyDined on 8/5/2014We went there for a birthday and everything was very nice. The server was very patient with us and didn't try to rush us in and out. I thought the prices were very reasonable for the quality of food. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a nice dinning experience without the Ruth's Chris prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday LuncheonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014The food, ambiance & our server were all top-notch. However, even tho we had a reservation, it took quite a long time time for them to seat us. We waited quite awhile & other people were seated ahead of us. It also took a long time between drinks, entres & dessert orders to get our food. our waiter was certainly above average, but the service wasn't.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, *LOUD* with weak winesMattDined on 8/2/2014Took the family to Cooper's Hawk for the 1st time. The place is nice, and is very busy and is also very loud. We were seated in a back dining room where several parties of 8+ were quite drunk and extremely loud. I couldn't hear my own family members at the table. The service was good, the food was pretty good, I recommend the pork but the wines were pretty weak. If you are young, I'm sure this is a great place, I probably won't be back though as I was expecting a more relaxed atmosphere.Special Features: